Thread: Most Americans think civil liberties not harmed by Bush policies

Thumbs down Most Americans think civil liberties not harmed by Bush policies

uhhuh, and MOST americans (up to now) haven't been on the receiving end of said policies, or have been and don't know about it.

Pathetic.

I'd venture to say most Americans are simply ignorant of what's going on, which wouldn't be very far from the truth.

(CNN) -- Most Americans do not believe the Bush administration has gone too far in restricting civil liberties as part of the war on terror, a new CNN poll released Thursday suggests.

While 39 percent of the 1,013 poll respondents said the Bush administration has gone too far, 34 percent said they believe the administration has been about right on the restrictions, according to the Opinion Research Corp. survey. Another 25 percent said the administration has not gone far enough.

Asked whether Bush has more power than any other U.S. president, 65 percent of poll respondents said no. Thirty-three percent said yes. Of those who said yes, a quarter said that was bad for the country. (View poll results)

Seventy-two percent of poll respondents said they believe the size of the federal government has increased in the past four years. Twenty percent believe it has decreased, and 8 percent had no opinion.

Fifty-eight percent of poll respondents said they would not want their son or daughter to grow up to be president. Fifty-six percent, however, said they would want their child to grow up to be a member of Congress.

The last three questions were asked of a half sample, or about 507 people.

The telephone poll was conducted October 20-22. The sampling error was plus or minus 3 percentage points for questions asked of the full sample and plus or minus 4.5 percentage points for questions asked of the half sample.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/...ush/index.html
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Most Americans think civil liberties not harmed by Bush policies
    yeah so does my dad and i'm like, 'are you blind?!' He said this too right after we got through an hours long airport line (where we had to take off our shoes, dispose of our 'liquids', check bags we didn't expect we'd have to check {which later I got returned to me destroyed with no recourse! }, and my dad even has to go through the thing where they blow air on you b/c he's dark and arab looking) If he couldnt see it then, then I don't think he'll ever get it - and niether will other ppl; they believe what they want to believe even when its thrown right in our face - they always have an excuse...

-and still our airports are no safer but we're treated like cattle being herded, branded, and slaughtered figuratively.

wait till your father is kicked off a plane by his fellow passengers for being brown.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ no shit; i am waiting for that to happen, I know he's my father, but it'd be a nice slap in the face.

Thread Information