Thread: House page says he had sex with Foley.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default House page says he had sex with Foley.

Oct. 8, 2006 The Los Angeles Times is reporting today that a former House page claims he had sex with former Rep. Mark Foley.

The sex took place when the page was 21, according to the report, which did not name the page. Foley, R-Fla., allegedly courted the young man when he was still working in the page program.

The L.A. Times report is the latest revelation in a scandal that initially centered on lewd electronic messages exchanged between Foley and underage pages. Each successive revelation has been seen deepening the troubles for Republicans in November's mid-term Congressional elections.

Before Foley resigned in disgrace more than a week ago, about 40 GOP seats were thought to be in play. Now, eight more may be competitive, including one held by the man charged with keeping Republicans in power, Rep. Tom Reynolds, R-N.Y.

Time and Newsweek both published polls Sunday showing that a majority of Americans now want Democrats to win control of Congress in November.

In the Newsweek poll, 53 percent of those questioned said they want the Democrats to win Congress, including 10 percent of the Republicans in the poll. Fifty-two percent of those questioned said they believe House Speaker Dennis Hastert knew about Foley's inappropriate behavior and tried to cover it up.

To win in November, Democrats need to knock off 15 Republicans and they are increasingly optimistic that Reynolds will be one of them.

After eight years representing upstate New York, Reynolds was thought to be so safe that he was put in charge of raising money for other GOP candidates, but now Democrats have hit the airwaves with ads accusing him of not doing enough to stop Foley from harassing pages.

"Reynolds not only failed to act; he actually urged the Florida congressman to run for office again, possibly putting more kids at risk," one ad states.
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WNT/story?id=2541690&page=1

Quite honestly, it's kind of sick that Foley 'courted' the kid while he was in teh page program but the having sex when he was more than legal doesn't bother me all that much. It's the lies, the cover-ups, the closing ranks that fucks me off beyond words.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Not that I am in anyway, shape or form defending this jackass, but at least the 'kid' was of legal age. Not cool all the same, but he wasn't 16 or something.

Exactly. The consensual sex between two adults is not a problem, but this does bother me:

Foley, R-Fla., allegedly courted the young man when he was still working in the page program.
    What is the term? Grooming?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

canada is much smarter with its page programme. it's run by the university of ottawa so at least the vast majority of them are at least 18. i went to uni in ottawa and a lot of people in my classes were pages in parliament and there were a couple of hook ups but nothing this salacious.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hookups between pages and politicians? oooo do tell
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

REally...spill! That sounds kinky.

--Sinclair Lewis

haha no hot gay action i'm afraid. and the weird thing is most of the lewd behaviour was on the part of the page girls. some of them were very, very suggestive with some of the MPs. one particularly slutty girl tried to put a move on peter mckay but he turned her down, sadly. that would have made for very juicy gossip. the actual hook ups were with MPs whose names i don't know, unimportant backbenchers. and everyone was over 18.
    i saw most of parliament embarrassingly drunk and rowdy on many occasions. let's just say it gets quite rowdy at darcy mcgee's on certain evenings. i saw the then speaker of the house steal an ashtray and a few of them stumble over drunk.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information