Thread: Repub accuses legless vet of wanting to *sigh* cut and run.

Red face Repub accuses legless vet of wanting to *sigh* cut and run.

CHICAGO - Two candidates vying for retiring GOP Rep. Henry Hyde's job squared off in a radio debate Friday, with Democrat Tammy Duckworth saying the U.S. needs to focus on getting its troops out of Iraq and Republican Peter Roskam contending that she was advocating a "cut-and-run" strategy.

Duckworth, who lost both legs in the war, said during a taping of WBBM-AM's "At Issue" that she and Roskam are "worlds apart" on Iraq and how to bring American troops home. She said the pullout of troops from Iraq should be tied to the training of Iraqi forces to defend themselves.

"Even if it's just two policemen in a kiosk in the middle of nowhere at a traffic checkpoint, then I want to bring two Americans home," she said.

Roskam, a state senator from Wheaton, countered that the suburban Chicago district is not a "cut-and-run district" or one that embraces a timetable for a pullout from Iraq.

National Democrats, hoping to capture the seat Hyde has held for more than 30 years, recruited Duckworth to run, a fact Roskam uses to suggest she is out of touch with the district.

The candidates also clashed over immigration. Roskam said he rejects a Senate measure that includes ways for the nation's estimated 12 million illegal immigrants to eventually become citizens.

"I don't know how else you can characterize it, it has amnesty," he said.

Duckworth pointed out that Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona has been a chief architect of the Senate's work on immigration.

Duckworth said something has to be done because "we have to deal with the 12 million illegals who are here." She called the Senate proposal a "realistic position" and noted that it would require eligible illegal immigrants to pay fines and back taxes to gain legal status.

http://michaelmoore.com/words/the06fix/index.php?id=203
    I'm sure this was completely lose on the douchebag too.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

And like the vast majority of warmongers, I am certain that said douchebag managed to wriggle his way out of his patriotic "duty" yet sees no irony in attacking others who put their money where their mouth was.

Hypocrites and idiots like this make me sick.

And like the vast majority of warmongers, I am certain that said douchebag managed to wriggle his way out of his patriotic "duty" yet sees no irony in attacking others who put their money where their mouth was.
    ...or money were their legs were.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh, stop being so damn specific, you!

Oh just admit it! This is what you Canadians really want!

um, well duh

It's actually happening right now.

You may have to amend that map somewhat. Large chunks of Alberta would love to join the States.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

no, those idiots will be deported to florida and the land reclaimed.

Thread Information