Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Repub. head of missing & exploited children dept. sends creepy email to 16 yr old boy

Red face Repub. head of missing & exploited children dept. sends creepy email to 16 yr old boy

Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL) had a rather creepy email exchange with a young page a while back. I received copies of these emails several months ago, but couldn't confirm their veracity so I did not report on them. Well, they're out there now, and they've been confirmed. They're creepy as hell.

A 16-year-old male congressional page concerned about the appropriateness of an e-mail exchange with a congressman alerted Capitol Hill staffers to the communication.

Congressman Mark Foley's office says the e-mails were entirely appropriate and that their release is part of a smear campaign by his opponent.

In the series of e-mails, obtained by ABC News, between the page and Rep. Foley (R-FL), Foley asks the page how old he is, what he wants for his birthday and requests a photo of him.

The concerned page alerted congressional staffers to the e-mails. In one e-mail, the page writes to a staffer, "Maybe it is just me being paranoid, but seriously. This freaked me out."

Foley's office acknowledges that Foley wrote the e-mails to the page but says they were completely innocent and that Foley is only guilty of being overly friendly.

The e-mails were sent from Foley's personal AOL account. In one, Foley writes, "did you have fun at your conference…what do you want for your birthday coming up…what stuff do you like to do."

In another Foley writes, "how are you weathering the hurricane…are you safe…send me an email pic of you as well…"

The page forwarded that e-mail to a congressional staffer saying it was "sick sick sick sick sick."

Foley's office says it is their policy to keep pictures of former interns and anyone who may ask for a recommendation on file so they can remember them.

The Congressional page program was started in the 1800s. In its current form, juniors from high school work on Capitol Hill after school or over the summer. The page in question did not work or intern for Foley's office.

Patricia Richardson, Foley's Chief of Staff, said they believe the e-mail exchange began when the page asked Foley for a recommendation and that the subsequent exchange was totally innocent. She said Foley's office believes the e-mails were released by the opposition as part of an "ugly smear campaign."

Up for even more creepy? Foley's congressional home page is all about child sex offenders. Why, because Foley is the Co-chairman of the Missing and Exploited Children Caucus. Yes, this is the guy the Republicans put in charge of taking care of child sex offenders. Seriously, this is sick. From Brownie, to Bernie Kerik, to Harriet Miers, to Mark Foley, can the Republicans ever EVER appoint someone to a position who is totally incompetent?
    www.americablog.com

And the list of neocons obsessed with gay sex who turn out to be creepy pedos gets longer..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Aren't there any normal Republicans, or is that an oxymoron?

More like a universal impossibility.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Ewww, I had to take a shower!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I was just reading this on a news page...really bizarre. But when you think about it, it's been pretty well documented that pedophiles like to take work that feeds their 'desires'.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Silver Member

Here comes the...Boom!

Foley Submits Resignation to Congress
    Sep 29 3:18 PM US/Eastern

By DAVID ESPO
    AP Special Correspondent
    WASHINGTON

Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., submitted a letter of resignation from Congress on Friday in the wake of questions about e-mails he wrote a former male page, according to a congressional official.
    Foley, 52, had been considered a shoo-in for re-election until the e- mails surfaced in recent days.

Campaign aides had previously acknowledged that the Republican congressman e-mailed the former Capitol page five times, but had said there was nothing inappropriate about the exchange. The page was 16 at the time of the e-mail correspondence.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Yes.. it's so inoffensive that he's resigning.

Makes sense to me!

Oh gee look at this!

Hours earlier, ABC News had read excerpts of instant messages provided by former male pages who said the congressman, under the AOL Instant Messenger screen name Maf54, made repeated references to sexual organs and acts.
    EWW and this guy was head of the exploited children dept!?

ROFLMAO republicans = PEDOPHILIC FAILURE!
    Last edited by Grimmlok; September 29th, 2006 at 02:57 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah of course its a Repg!

fucking shitheads

- i just added Maj54 to my friends list on aol!

Careful, or he's going to ask you:

Congressman Mark Foley, Republican from Florida, resigned today just hours after ABC news questioned him about a series of sexually explicit instant messages involving current and former underage male Congressional pages. Foley used the login name Maf54.

Maf54: Do I make you a little horny ?
    Teen: A little.
    Maf54: Cool.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well he hasn't signed on yet so..... damnit!

Silver Member

Grimmlok

Is that quote for real :eek
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Yup, it's real.

The guy resigned too.

Of course, the Reich-wing isn't going on about how this guy was a pedophile and had to resign in disgrace.

Oh no.

It's all about "See, gay people prey on children! They're evil!"

*shakes head*

They'll twist it any way they can.

OMfg this is blowing(hah!) wide open.. it seems that the republican leadership KNEW this pedo was acting freaky towards these underage government pages for a year or 2.. and did NOTHING. They even left him in charge of the missing & exploited children department!!

www.americablog.com

UPDATE: Foley's "instant message" communications with yet another underage boy, circa 2003, have now been posted by ABC. They are horrendous. I cannot believe that Denny Hastert knew about Foley using the Net to chat-up underage boys a year ago and DID NOTHING (you'll recall that the email conversations we posted earlier were around the time of Hurricane Katrina last year).

Tell me why Denny Hastert shouldn't be forced to immediately resign. They left your kids with this man AFTER they knew what he was doing. They let him stay in the GOP leadership. They let him remain the chair of the child sex offender caucus. Jesus Christ.

Does House Republican leader Denny Hastert have a soft spot for child sex offenders?

Seems so. Republican House Speaker Denny Hastert has some serious explaining to do, after today's revelations that they knew about ex-Congressman Mark Foley's sexscapades a good year ago, and did nothing.

Whether or not the kid's parents were fine with letting it go, which the story says is the case, why did Republican House Speaker Denny Hastert permit Foley to remain in the House GOP leadership for almost a year after they knew he was having sex talk with minors online, minors he met on the job?

Why did Republican House Speaker Denny Hastert leave Foley as the co-chair of the House body in charge of child sex offenses for a good year after they knew?

Why did Republican House Speaker Denny Hastert permit Foley to stay in the House at all, where he would be around other pages every day all day long?

And just as importantly, why did Republican House Speaker Denny Hastert let Foley lie publicly yesterday about the emails, claiming they were innocent, and simply a dirty attack from the Democrats, when the House leadership knew the real story?

And finally, we find out that the FBI was contacted two months about this story. Was there any follow-up from the Bush FBI? Or did they just let this potential case of child sex offense go by the wayside because it involved a friend of Bush?

More quotes:

Maf54: You in your boxers, too?
    Teen: Nope, just got home. I had a college interview that went late.
    Maf54: Well, strip down and get relaxed.

Another message:

Maf54: What ya wearing?
    Teen: tshirt and shorts
    Maf54: Love to slip them off of you....

The language gets much more graphic, too graphic to be broadcast, and at one point the congressman appears to be describing Internet sex.

Federal authorities say such messages could result in Foley's prosecution, under some of the same laws he helped to enact.

"Adds up to soliciting underage children for sex," said Brad Garrett, a former FBI agent and now an ABC News consultant. "And what it amounts to is serious both state and federal violations that could potentially get you a number of years."

Send his ass to prison NOW. NOW NOW NOW. Never let him out. And send the clowns who knew about it with him.

Has this hit the tv news yet? I'm not good about keeping up with those.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Well folks I think this is the shit that hits the fan for the "moral" repiglicans (of course the fan has been shitty for the past 30 years but whatever ).

Seriously though I had to stop reading that first e-mail message. That's the most fucked up thing I've ever read ever. No wonder there's so many child predators on the loose, the fucking dept that's supposed to take care of those pedos are filled with pedos themselves. Shit in this government needs to change NOW!

nah the networks will sweep this under the rug... FOOX wont even mention it at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information