Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: 20 ways to become a liberal.

  1. #1
    Gold Member Delphinium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    778

    Default 20 ways to become a liberal.

    1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand for 7 month term, viable fetuses.
    2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
    3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iran or Chinese and North Korean communists.
    4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding and ONLY Federally funded art is worthwhile.
    5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by historically cyclical changes in the earth’s climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV’s.
    6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is beautiful.
    7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
    8. You have to believe that the same teachers who can’t teach 4th-graders how to read are somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
    9. You have to believe that hunters don’t care about nature, but PETA activists do….even if they are blowing up people with bombs to make their point!!!
    10. You have to believe that being “given” self-esteem is more important than actually making the effort to earn it.
    11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make “The Passion of the Christ” for financial gain.
    12. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution. If you don’t know what we’re talking about here……it’s time you looked it up.
    13. You have to believe that Federal “taxing of the rich” is too low, but ATM fees are too high.
    14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Gen. Robert E. Lee, and Thomas Edison.
    15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
    16. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried is because the right people haven’t been in
    charge. You believe that Hollywood, California has those people.
    17. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens and transvestites, often unclothed, should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
    18. You have to believe that Barbara Streisand and The Dixie Chicks know more about National Security than Condeleeza Rice.
    19. You have to believe that The New York Times and CNN are Patriotic and individuals that proudly display the American Flag are NUTS!!
    20. You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right-wing conspiracy.

    GOD BLESS AMERICA…………oops, can’t say that if you’re Liberal.

    received via e-mail

    Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

  2. #2
    Gold Member ohmygoodness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada.
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Give me a break. You're just trolling now.

  3. #3
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    20 ways to be an idiot:


    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium
    Think like Delphinium

  4. #4
    Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Now with ADD added goodness!
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Best way to become a liberal - think for yourself and don't allow morally corrupt leaders to spoon feed you lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    Give me a break. You're just trolling now.

    That's only because Grimmlok is not here to spank her.

  5. #5
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    That's only because Grimmlok is not here to spank her.
    T minus 5 days and counting . . .

    Get your kevlar drawers on, Delphie.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

  6. #6
    Gold Member Delphinium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    Give me a break. You're just trolling now.
    how is posting an opinion "trolling"? Seems to me nobody wants any participation in this forum unless it is the mindless chorus of left-wing politics.

    Sad really. It was a slow day, figured I'd contribute and this is the "thanks" I get.... ungrateful wretch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    T minus 5 days and counting . . .

    Get your kevlar drawers on, Delphie.
    geez, at least he is entertaining! I miss Grimm believe it or not.

    *looking on e-bay for fire retardant jammies as we speak*

    Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

  7. #7
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    T minus 5 days and counting . . .

    Get your kevlar drawers on, Delphie.
    Oh good it is only five days!!!

  8. #8
    Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Now with ADD added goodness!
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Starts popping the popcorn and icing down the beer while she sits back in anticipation.

  9. #9
    Gold Member ohmygoodness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada.
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium View Post
    how is posting an opinion "trolling"? Seems to me nobody wants any participation in this forum unless it is the mindless chorus of left-wing politics.

    Sad really. It was a slow day, figured I'd contribute and this is the "thanks" I get.... ungrateful wretch.
    It's trolling because it's an article posted entirely to antagonize people. There's nothing inherently political in there, it is a complete attack on liberalism.

  10. #10
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    Give me a break. You're just trolling now.
    Actually to be fair what she posted is really not any worse than stuff that Grimm and others(including myself) have posted before about neocons, fundamentalists, etc. As long as she is not personally attacking anyone and does not take it 'too far' I don't see anything wrong with her posts. (And they are good for a laugh as well )!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    It's trolling because it's an article posted entirely to antagonize people. There's nothing inherently political in there, it is a complete attack on liberalism.
    Well I guess I see your point as well. It would help if there had been some kind of comment or viewpoint attached to it(from Delphinium herself).

  11. #11
    Gold Member Elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    995

    Default

    I will answer this point for point, as I am someone who is socially liberal, but fiscally conservative.

    1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand for 7 month term, viable fetuses.: I support abortion in the first & second trimester. Not much beyond that. However, many pro-life people try to make it seem as if pro-choice people support abortion all the way up into the end as a political means.
    2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity. I believe both create oppression & prosperity. The government has to create a check on the businesses & provide certain benefits for the workers--like minimum wage, but businesses are a great way to help the economy.
    3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iran or Chinese and North Korean communists. I am pro-gun.
    4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding and ONLY Federally funded art is worthwhile.
    5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by historically cyclical changes in the earth’s climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV’s. Watch Al Gore's documentary An Inconvenient Truth. It shows how wrong the myth of cyclical changes in the earth's climate is.
    6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is beautiful. I support gender roles to a certain degree--as a heterosexual female, I know my bf & I do stick to certain roles, however I think homosexuality is a viable lifestyle & why do I care what others do?
    7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding. It's spread by a lack of education about what spreads the virus. I guess conservatives don't care if a bunch of poor minorities die from AIDS as they are the most likely to be unable to receive the education needed in preventing this.
    8. You have to believe that the same teachers who can’t teach 4th-graders how to read are somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex. I support sex ed. I got it my whole life & appreciate it.
    9. You have to believe that hunters don’t care about nature, but PETA activists do….even if they are blowing up people with bombs to make their point!!! Not a fan of PETA & my family does hunt.
    10. You have to believe that being “given” self-esteem is more important than actually making the effort to earn it.
    11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make “The Passion of the Christ” for financial gain. Yea, I do. & Mel Gibson has been proved to be a religious nut.
    12. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution. If you don’t know what we’re talking about here……it’s time you looked it up. I support both the NRA & the ACLU.
    13. You have to believe that Federal “taxing of the rich” is too low, but ATM fees are too high. I don't really care about ATM fees--I just go to my branch, however, I think the rate of the federal tax is atrociously high & will only grow w/ the current administration.
    14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Gen. Robert E. Lee, and Thomas Edison. All are important figures in American history.
    15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not. Racism is an institution in our society. Many times, it's not even an attitude. Standardized tests are shown to favor white males. You cannot argue w/ that. & because of slavery & the civil rights fights, black people are at a certain disadvantage & deserve a certain amount of help.
    16. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried is because the right people haven’t been in
    charge. You believe that Hollywood, California has those people.
    Not a fan of socialism actually.
    17. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens and transvestites, often unclothed, should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal. I think that both should be protected--however manger scenes on government property should be illegal, as they violate the separation of church & state.
    18. You have to believe that Barbara Streisand and The Dixie Chicks know more about National Security than Condeleeza Rice. I actually hate it when celebrities voice their opinions on politics.
    19. You have to believe that The New York Times and CNN are Patriotic and individuals that proudly display the American Flag are NUTS!! I'm not even going to respond to this one.
    20. You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right-wing conspiracy. Nor this.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

  12. #12
    Gold Member Delphinium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    778

    Default

    ^^^ WHY thank you Sojita! No I don't post just to inflame, I thought it was funny. Next time I'll add a short comment if that's what I need to do.

    And YES I've certainly seen WAY worse than that posted here on the forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    It's trolling because it's an article posted entirely to antagonize people. There's nothing inherently political in there, it is a complete attack on liberalism.
    uh, like all the repeated posts against "repukes" and christians and conservatives etc. by Grimm and company AREN'T flat out attacks on conservatism? give me a break! Some of the titles Grimm comes up with alone would have you howling if the shoe were on the other foot!


    Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

  13. #13
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    ^^I hated to admit it..but fair is fair. I think we(the liberals)do not tend to see it on our side so much since we may agree with alot of it. But truthfully some pretty nasty stuff has been posted about religion, conservatisim, etc. (in a non-personal collective sense). and of course my 20 'think like Delphiniiums' were posted in the spirit of just having fun and were not really meant to be a personal attack. I guess I support diversity of opinion even if I may not agree with all of the opinions...as long as it is not too mean-spiritedly personal in nature.

  14. #14
    Gold Member Delphinium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    778

    Default

    ^^ thanks again Sojita. And I didn't take Sojita's post personal at all, I totally recognized it for what it was. In fact, I usually don't take much personally unless it devolves into profanity and personal insults. Because I truly do try and refrain from calling anyone a nasty name or putting them down personally. I may dog on liberals but I've said time and time again that I enjoy the conversations here even when they do get heated.

    Anyway, back to our regular programming....

    Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

  15. #15
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    I may not agree with Delph's post, but she's entitled to her opinion. We can't shoot people down just because they're not politically correct enough for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How conservative or liberal are you?
    By Wonderwoman in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 26th, 2006, 08:44 PM
  2. 40 ways men fail in bed
    By Tiara in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2006, 04:55 AM
  4. Ways To Turn Men Down
    By Tiara in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 16th, 2006, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •