Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By Novice

Thread: Trump directly implicated himself in potential tax crimes at the Trump Organization

Default Trump directly implicated himself in potential tax crimes at the Trump Organization

Trump directly implicated himself in potential tax crimes at the Trump Organization with an offer to pay school fees, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-report-2021-7

A cooperating witness in the Manhattan district attorney's investigation into the Trump Organization told prosecutors that Donald Trump once personally offered to pay for perks in place of a taxable income, The Daily Beast reported on Friday, citing sources who heard the conversation.
    The revelation could bolster any charges that prosecutors could bring against Trump as part of a case that his company and its longtime chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, have been indicted in.
    Manhattan prosecutors are investigating whether Trump Organization executives illegally took benefits without paying taxes on them and whether the company engaged in tax and financial fraud.
    Earlier in July, prosecutors announced a 15-count indictment accusing Weisselberg and the company of facilitating a scheme where he would accept corporate gifts like apartments and tuition payments in lieu of higher salaries, thereby avoiding paying a chunk of taxes for both the company and its employees.

Two unnamed sources told The Daily Beast that they'd heard a June 25 interview between investigators and the witness, Jennifer Weisselberg, Allen Weisselberg's former daughter-in-law, in which she said Trump had personally guaranteed to pay school costs, including tuition for her children, rather than give a raise.
    The outlet did not say how the sources were connected to the investigation. Jennifer Weisselberg's lawyer did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
    Charging documents that prosecutors filed earlier this month said Trump had personally signed tuition checks for Allen Weisselberg's family members. The 25-page indictment refers to the former president several times.

Did you see the report from Just 1st?

NEW YORK, July 1 (Reuters) - Donald Trump's namesake company and longtime financial chief pleaded not guilty on Thursday to what a New York prosecutor called a "sweeping and audacious" tax fraud, arising from a probe into the former U.S. president's business and its practices.The indictment against the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg is the first in a nearly three-year investigation by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, which New York Attorney General Letitia James joined in May.
    It could undermine the Trump Organization's relationships with banks and business partners, and complicate Trump's political future as the Republican resumes addressing rallies and mulls a 2024 White House run.
    Trump himself has not been charged, and renewed his claim that the probe was a political "witch hunt." Vance and James are Democrats.

Weisselberg, 73, was charged with concealing $1.76 million of income, including rent for a Manhattan apartment, lease payments for two Mercedes-Benz vehicles and tuition for family members, with Trump signing checks for the tuition himself.
    Prosecutors said this enabled Weisselberg, who has worked for Trump for about 48 years, to evade roughly $900,000 in taxes and collect $133,000 in refunds he did not deserve.
    "To put it bluntly, this was a sweeping and audacious illegal payments scheme," Assistant District Attorney Carey Dunne said at the defendants' arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court. "This is not a standard practice in the business community, nor was it the act of a rogue or isolated employee."
    The 15-count indictment charged the defendants with scheming to defraud, tax fraud and falsifying business records.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...es-2021-07-01/
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Yes, but this is story is new and was just revealed by the Daily Beast this morning. The stories announcing Weisselberg's charges did not initially directly implicate DJT. It was even rumored that DJT had crowed that he was getting off scot free.

This story was based on a leak by two people who were present during interview with the former daughter-in-law of Allen Weisselberg -- Jennifer Weisselberg. Weisselberg is saying that DJT was not only present, but "directly" approved these payment schemes that would artificially deflate salaries and skirt tax law.
    Novice, mostroop and fgg like this.

Oh ok. I thought I saw that trump signed the cheques on the Reuters report….

The 1st bit wasn’t posted here & I’ve seen a couple of other things that I thought might be interesting but got side tracked….
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Thread Information