• 7 Post By Witchywoman
  • 2 Post By Jadestone
  • 4 Post By Brookie
  • 9 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 3 Post By tulip
  • 7 Post By Trixie
  • 2 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 2 Post By BITTER

Thread: President-Elect Joe Biden and the return to sanity.

Default President-Elect Joe Biden and the return to sanity.

President-Elect Joe Biden deserves is own thread, so let's talk the Biden Administration...

Silver Member

I am relieved beyond measure. I had a feeling we were due for another one term President. Although my respect for Jimmy and Bush senior are way more than I ever had for the sad example we've had to deal with the last interminably 4 years. It was a nightmare.
    Joe Biden is a decent and good man with empathy and years of experience.

Elite Member

I love this thread already! Thanks lindsaywhit!

I am very much liking how and who he is picking for his cabinet--actual people with experience and political knowledge. Also much diversity, instead of the roomful of old white men!

Of course we knew the transition would not be easy, or at least the current idiot in charge wouldn't make it easy so I am counting the days until it's finally really over. The sad thing is how the blind followers still believe all the BS. I see them on facebook and they are truly in an alternate reality. They really think the Supreme Court is gonna throw this thing. Anyway, I will be relieved once the electors vote but there are still 50 days, and 50 ways for him to make this as difficult as possible.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

We also need to win the 2 senate races in Georgia that will face off on January 5th it's so critical to Biden's agenda........to solving the climate change, save lives during the pandemic, economic equality and racial injustice. What needs to happen, Biden must take bold steps like Roosevelt did to lift us out of the Great depression of the 30s and it will almost be impossible if the Democrats don't have the Senate. Also rejoin the Paris Agreement, pronto

I have been watching all the appointments like a hawk. I am very pleased so far. I think there's so much on their plates that it's overwhelming, but they're preparing like crazy and I appreciate the transparency that they're projecting so far. They could announce who will be the third shift secretary in the solarium for Sundays and I'd be paying attention.

It's a bit funny to me that I'm so familiar with the Bidens and the Harris-Emhoffs. I even got the ingredients to make a recipe that Dr. Jill recommended. Until the Trump disaster I never paid this much attention to everyone in the White House orbit.

The people who believe the election was stolen by Biden are really scary. I haven't been spending too much time on Facebook, but my classmate who went over the deep end (and then doxxed Ned Staebler and I confronted her about it) ended up deleting her Facebook page. In a way it's a relief, but in another way I'm really concerned about what she's gotten herself into and what she may do. As far as I can tell, the other Trumpers on my friends list have quieted down.
    Trixie and tulip like this.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

I'm thrilled beyond measure at the outcome, yet remain concerned that Trump is going to pull some very irresponsible, nearly irreversible bullshit in revenge for his loss. I think the Biden camp has measures in place to counteract (it's sad that anyone has to even think about that), and I'm also concerned that he'll sell out confidential/top-secret government materials when he's out of office to the highest adversarial bidder. It's all about the money for him.
    Jadestone, Trixie, Mivvi21 and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Jill Biden came to town for a charity event for the YWCA, of which I used to be a board member, and they still often recruit me to work different fundraising events. Dr Biden was the keynote speaker for our event, and then she did a meet and greet ahead of time. My job was to be the muscle to move people along in case anyone got too chatty for too long, because we had over 100 people to push through the meet and greet. Not only was she awesome and gracious...but she did the event for free. Her speaking fee is $50K, and they did fundraising to get corp sponsors to pay for her fee. what the YWCA does here is provide programming and daycare for underprivileged youth, preschool, day care, rec sports, we run the day care center at one of the high schools, etc... After the contract was sent over, we got a call from Dr Biden's team and they said as long as we paid her airfare, hotel and food expenses, she would do the event for free. After the event, and we profusely thanked her for coming, we asked her why she waived her speaking fee. She replied, "You guys need the money more than I do." Think a Trump would ever say that?

The Biden's are ok in my book.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Jill Biden came to town for a charity event for the YWCA, of which I used to be a board member, and they still often recruit me to work different fundraising events. Dr Biden was the keynote speaker for our event, and then she did a meet and greet ahead of time. My job was to be the muscle to move people along in case anyone got too chatty for too long, because we had over 100 people to push through the meet and greet. Not only was she awesome and gracious...but she did the event for free. Her speaking fee is $50K, and they did fundraising to get corp sponsors to pay for her fee. what the YWCA does here is provide programming and daycare for underprivileged youth, preschool, day care, rec sports, we run the day care center at one of the high schools, etc... After the contract was sent over, we got a call from Dr Biden's team and they said as long as we paid her airfare, hotel and food expenses, she would do the event for free. After the event, and we profusely thanked her for coming, we asked her why she waived her speaking fee. She replied, "You guys need the money more than I do." Think a Trump would ever say that?

The Biden's are ok in my book.
    Love that story. I think she's going to be an awesome First Lady! As a teacher, I LOVE that she is an advocate for the profession!
    C_is_for_Cookie, Jadestone and czb like this.

It's amazing to me that these Repubs think the Bidens are some crime family with no proof whatsoever (HUNTER'S LAPTOP!!!!) and Trump is a gift from God, with all the documentation of his nefarious business dealings, tax fraud, crimes in office and before. Just mind-boggling.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^What was kinda bullshit about the event is that it was honoring 100 years of the existence of the YWCA and we were honoring 100 different women for their volunteerism. There were people that wouldn't come accept the award because Jill Biden was speaking and they are Republican. Should have known that was a precursor to the partisanship we see today.
    Brookie and Jadestone like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Repubs today are afraid to say or do anything that might displease fearless leader. They all know that a mean tweet could turn the Trump base against them. Hell, at this point, speaking against him can bring death threats.

I am happier with the fact that Trump lost than I am with Biden winning. I continue to feel this way. Biden is better, but he's still a corporate politician; he's still more about helping those who financed his campaign than he is with helping the voters. But he has surrounded himself with qualified people, unlike Trump. So there is at least, a reason to hope. So I hope that he and VP Harris can reverse some of the damage inflicted upon us.
    Jadestone and Beeyotch like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information