Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1977Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

Gold Member

Default Race to the White House 2020

Thread for election related news, debates,etc.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.

Elite Member

I figured out what really bugs me when I see Bloomberg talk and in photos. He never shows his teeth. Even when he smiles, there are no teeth. When he talks, he doesn't move his upper lip. I can't stand looking at him.

Hopefully, after yesterday, I won't have to much longer!

Bloomberg endorses Biden. “I’ve had the chance to work with Joe on those issues over the years, and Joe has fought for working people his whole life. Today I am glad to endorse him – and I will work to make him the next President of the United States.”
    fgg likes this.

Some very interesting stats from the Super Tuesday results - courtesy of DailyBeast:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/super-...racks?ref=home

The shock hit right at 7 p.m., when the nets were calling Virginia for Joe Biden the instant the polls closed. Two days ago, Bernie Sanders led the state in fivethirtyeight’s averages by five points. I figured Biden might eke it out after South Carolina, but I did not figure on a top-of-the-hour insta-call, and a 30-point blowout win.
    Thirty points! Biden crushed Sanders in nearly every category. Black voters, of course, 71-16. But white voters, too, 49-24. Every age group except under 29s. And under 29s, by the way, constituted a paltry percentage of the overall turnout—just 13 percent. Forty-five to 64s were 40 percent, and Biden won them 59-19.
    Virginia turnout was massive—1.3 million, as opposed to 783,000 in 2016. In other words, there was a candidate who dramatically increased turnout. He just wasn’t named Bernie Sanders.
    Make no mistake, this was Biden’s night in a huge way. Minnesota? He had no staff on the ground in the state! Sanders held several events there, and Bloomberg spent his usual millions. Nobody thought Biden would win there, including Biden.

What happened here? The race turned upside down is what happened. Last week, all my conversations with people in Washington were, this thing’s over, it’s Bernie. Now, it practically feels like it’s over in the other direction, and Bernie is done.
    Of course, it’s not that either; there’s still a long way to go, and surprises are always possible. But this race changed with South Carolina in a way I’ve never seen a race change. Polls had Biden up 5 percent there. He won by nearly 30. What the hell happened? Was it all Jim Clyburn?
    The South Carolina exit polls said it was half Clyburn. So it was half something else. What?

Sanders people won’t like this, but it’s pretty hard to avoid the conclusion that the voters who are the core of the Democratic Party—black voters over 40 and professional women of all colors—decided to stop the revolution.

Sanders is running an ad in Florida showing him with Obama without saying that their meeting was for him to drop out of the 2016 race. Funny that an anti-establishment guy would run a commercial embracing Obama.

^ Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    fgg and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think the DNC is rigging shit again in favor of Biden. Just ike how they forced Bernie out the last election cycle. Im seriously puzzled how Warren is performing so poorly, but I guess the misogyny is still a very real thing.
    I'mNotBitter and lindseyfan like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    ... Im seriously puzzled how warren is performing so poorly, but i guess the misogyny is still a very real thing.

ita
    C_is_for_Cookie and Beeyotch like this.

The voters are now coalescing around who they think can win.

Some voting numbers from last night:

More West vs. East in the exit polls: CA white women college grads: Biden 23%, Sanders 26%, Warren 28%.
    VA white women college grads: Biden 51%, Sanders 15%, Warren 18%.

My question is, when Warren inevitably bows out, who will she endorse?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Did Warren place third in her own state? If so, she will endorse Biden.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I think the DNC is rigging shit again in favor of Biden. Just like how they forced Bernie out the last election cycle. I'm seriously puzzled how Warren is performing so poorly, but I guess the misogyny is still a very real thing.
    I see no rigging. I see people, who desperately want to get Trump out of office, and fear Bernie in office, getting behind Biden after his South Carolina huge win. I am one of those. No rigging needed. It is momentum. Biden had no money. The press were dismissing him and touting Bernie as taking it. It set a fire under people as the primaries hit the south. South Carolina got behind him in a big way.

As far as Elizabeth, yes, misogyny is alive and well. It is so sad. I still say if Elizabeth had taken a different stance on health care, she could have made more inroads to the multitude of Democrats who are for a more improved Obamacare. I was for her because I think she's brilliant, but I disagree with her. To get elected, I feel she needed to have the public option in on health care. It would have opened up more voters to her. But the misogyny is another story. There's no answer for that.

Still, I am extremely proud to have watched such a diverse group of candidates running for the Democratic nomination. To watch such an intelligent candidate like Pete Buttigieg, who is gay, get as far as he did was a real honor. He will continue to rise in the party. To watch intelligent, experienced women on stage like Harris, Warren, Klobuchar really shine in debates and dominate was a proud moment for me. Seeing the diversity on the debate stage made me proud to be a Democrat. Running for president is not for the faint of heart, and I have great respect for these candidates. I don't always agree with my party, nor should I. Change won't come if we follow our party like sheeple. And with Biden as the likely nominee, there has to be a woman as his VP pick, and we have plenty of qualified Dems to fit that position and to make the ticket heading into the election stronger. I think Kamala Harris would be a good choice.

With all of our problems within the Democratic party, I remember watching parts of the Republican Convention, just a sea of white people, no diversity, fear-mongering, and the coronation of the buffoon Donald Trump, but then contrasting that to watching, with great pride, the Democratic Convention, with a woman as our nominee, and watching as they panned the audience and seeing such diversity, and the amazing speakers and hopefulness of the tone of the convention. I was emotional and proud. Then election night the unimaginable happened. It was devastating and has continued to be worse than I ever could have imagined, with his popularity growing within his own party, everyone falling in line. His behavior and actions not even making a ripple anymore, and nothing sticks, no matter how horrible. Just on to the next news cycle, his behavior and actions as president considered the new normal.

We must unite and come out in unprecedented numbers to have a chance against Trump, because, believe you me, the Republicans are going to be voting in huge numbers also.

I guess I am emotional after last night, because for the first time in a month, I've felt we might have a chance again after seeing the voters turn out and get behind a candidate because they are impassioned about getting Trump out and dignity back in the office.

I'm rambling. Sorry. And for the Republicans who are for Trump on this site, I guess you can just ignore my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    My question is, when Warren inevitably bows out, who will she endorse?

Word is she'll endorse Bernie

Elite Member

Now that Bloomberg is out of the race, I wonder how long his ad buys will keep going on. I saw four Bloomberg ads tonight.

fgg

^Bloomberg endorses Biden. “I’ve had the chance to work with Joe on those issues over the years, and Joe has fought for working people his whole life. Today I am glad to endorse him – and I will work to make him the next President of the United States.”

i assumed that the bold part meant he'd still be buying ads and spending money, just now on biden.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information