• 2 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By Waterslide

Thread: Cory Booker Drops Out of Presidential Race

Default Cory Booker Drops Out of Presidential Race

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gn/3789332002/

WASHINGTON – Sen. Cory Booker, who built his presidential campaign around the message of rising together as a nation, is ending his bid for the White House.
    The senator from New Jersey announced his decision in an email to supporters Monday, citing a lack of fundraising.
    "Friend, it’s with a full heart that I share this news — I’ve made the decision to suspend my campaign for president," he wrote in the email. "It was a difficult decision to make, but I got in this race to win, and I’ve always said I wouldn’t continue if there was no longer a path to victory."
    "Our campaign has reached the point where we need more money to scale up and continue building a campaign that can win — money we don’t have, and money that is harder to raise because I won’t be on the next debate stage and because the urgent business of impeachment will rightly be keeping me in Washington," he continued.Booker, 50, officially jumped into the race on Feb. 1, 2019, almost exactly one year away from the Iowa caucuses. He has served as the junior senator from New Jersey since 2013, and before that was the mayor of Newark.
    In his campaign announcement video, Booker touted his experience living and working in Newark, saying he’s “the only senator who goes home to a low-income, inner city community.” Booker was one of three African American candidates running for president, including Sen. Kamala Harris — who has also dropped out— and former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, who jumped into the race late last year.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Booker's campaign has struggled with fundraising the past several months, and almost ended his campaign last fall if he couldn't make a fundraising goal.
    In September, Booker's campaign manager published a memo speaking franklyabout the status of the campaign's finances, saying the campaign needed to raise $1.7 million in 10 days.
    "Without a fundraising surge to close out this quarter, we do not see a legitimate long-term path forward," campaign manager Addisu Demissie wrote. Booker didn't qualify for the December or January debates, after qualifying for all previous debates. His average national polling numbers were at 1.8%, according to Real Clear Politics.
    In the 4th quarter of 2019, Booker raised $6.6 million, which was his largest fundraising haul to date. However, he still trailed many of his other Democratic opponents, such as Sen. Bernie Sanders who brought in a whopping $34 million and former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who raised $24.7 million

Personally I’m glad as I could not stand his fakeness.

My sympathy is for Rosario Dawson...she’s out of a job.

I think he was linked too closely with big pharma, too.

Yay, it's a bunch of white guys. Sigh.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Honestly, I thought he'd already dropped out because I was hearing so little about him.

One of my Uber drivers and his mom worked for Cory during his mayoral campaign; they came to despise him. According to them he was a user and you could never get a straight answer out of him.
    Brookie and Waterslide like this.

I just can't bring myself to care. He's much better in his current job, so please stay there.
    C_is_for_Cookie and BITTER like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    Honestly, I thought he'd already dropped out because I was hearing so little about him.
    Same here, I was surprised to hear the announcement today because I thought he was already gone.
    BITTER likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So now it's Andrew Yang and the African-American governor of Massachusetts? Forgive my ignorance.

ETA: Deval Patrick is the other candidate. I guess it would help me if I tried reading the whole article that I posted...
    Last edited by BITTER; January 14th, 2020 at 10:09 PM.

I don't know if it was here or at another board, but I remember reading someone describing him as an alien who recently came to earth and was impersonating what he thought humans were like and that made a lot of sense to me. I wonder how long Rosario has to stick around.
    BITTER likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^^Does she even get a pre owned BMW out of the deal?
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    ^^^Does she even get a pre owned BMW out of the deal?
    You would think so...I mean, she did some of the best acting of her whole life these past couple of years and now she doesn't even get to be First Lady. So sad.
    BITTER likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

He might be able to get more accomplished in the Senate, especially with the impeachment trial. I still can’t stand him though.

Thread Information