Thread: Academics insist 9/11 was an 'inside job'.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Academics insist 9/11 was an 'inside job'.

The 9/11 terrorist attack on America which left almost 3,000 people dead was an "inside job", according to a group of leading academics.

Around 75 top professors and leading scientists believe the attacks were puppeteered by war mongers in the White House to justify the invasion and the occupation of oil-rich Arab countries.

See also...
    • New DNA bid to identify 9/11 victims
    • Flight 93 'was shot down' claims book
    • Iran's president keeps promise to purge universities of 'liberals'

The claims have caused outrage and anger in the US which marks the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on Monday.

But leading scientists say the facts of their investigations cannot be ignored and say they have evidence that points to one of the biggest conspiracies ever perpetrated.

Professor Steven Jones, who lectures in physics at the Brigham Young University in Utah, says the official version of events is the biggest and most evil cover up in history.

He has joined the 9/11 Scholars for Truth whose membership includes up to 75 leading scientists and experts from universities across the US.

Prof Jones said: "We don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off acting alone.

"We challenge this official conspiracy theory and, by God, we're going to get to the bottom of this."

In essays and journals, the scientists are giving credence to many of the conspiracy theories that have circulated on the internet in the past five years.

They believe a group of US neo-conservatives called the Project for a New American Century, set on US world dominance, orchestrated the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to hit Iraq, Afghanistan and later Iran.

The group says scientific evidence over the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon is conclusive proof.

Professor Jones said it was impossible for the twin towers to have collapsed in the way they did from the collision of two aeroplanes.

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

The group also maintains World Trade Centre 7 - a neighbouring building which caught fire and collapsed later in the day - was only partially damaged but had to be destroyed because it housed a clandestine CIA station.

Professor James Fetzer, 65, a retired philosopher of science at the University of Minnesota, said: "The evidence is so overwhelming, but most Americans don't have time to take a look at this."

The 9/11 Commission dismissed the numerous conspiracy theories after its exhaustive investigation into the terror attacks.

Subsequent examinations of the towers' structure have sought to prove they were significantly weakened by the impact which tore off fire retardant materials and led the steel beams bending under heat and then collapsing.

Christopher Pyle, professor of constitutional law at Mt Holyoake College in Massachusetts, has dismissed the academic group.

He said: "To plant bombs in three buildings with enough bomb materials and wiring? It's too huge a project and would require far too many people to keep it a secret afterwards.

"After every major crisis, like the assassinations of JFK or Martin Luther King, we've had conspiracy theorists who come up with plausible scenarios for gullible people. It's a waste of time."

But University of Wisconsin assistant professor, Kevin Barrett, said experts are unwilling to believe theories which don't fit into their belief systems.

He said: "People will disregard evidence it if causes their faith to be shattered. I think we were all shocked. And then, when the voice of authority told us what happened, we just believed it."

As the fifth anniversary approached, the 9/11 Scholars for Truth is urging Congress to reopen the investigation claiming they have amassed a wealth of scientific evidence to prove their version of the terror attacks.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

I can't believe the Mormons are coming around!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thank you so much for posting this; now maybe ppl like my Dad will see the Truth! ... I doubt it in his case, but I hope some ppl open their eyes now that its academics saying these things and not just "crazy" liberal student-types like me!

I've always been on the fence about the conspiracy theories but I have to say that this article gave me pause. I'm still not completely convinced but not as sceptical as I was.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I have looked at these 'conspiracy theories' eand they are crap... particularly the theories of Steven Jones. They offer not one single shred of proof..not one...only theories that themselves are less plausible than those put forth by the 9/11 comission and the NIST report. The 'theory' of implosion on the WTC towers just does not have any evidence and is full of holes. They find some legitimate problems with the 9/11 official theories and findings, but then put forth theories that have even worse problems that the official ones.

*also this is not a group of 'top scientists and leading academics"-ever herad of any of them before?..many are crackpots with tenure. It is just a group of 75 out of thousands and thousands of academics and other such types in this country.*

Actually, excepting my uni professors and a maybe one or three others, I'm not sure I could reel off the names of any academics. Maybe a Nobel Prize winner or two but that's where it ends for me, so I'm not sure about that argument. I'd have to research their credentials.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Actually, excepting my uni professors and a maybe one or three others, I'm not sure I could reel off the names of any academics. Maybe a Nobel Prize winner or two but that's where it ends for me, so I'm not sure about that argument. I'd have to research their credentials.
    I never said 'academics you could reel off the names of"..I said any you had heard of...as in having any remembrance of having ever heard the name at some time.

^^I tried to modify this before it posted...but it posted anyway!!! I did not mean this to come across as so snotty..lol.
    Last edited by Sojiita; September 6th, 2006 at 03:33 PM.

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0...160132,00.html

^^^ This professor here firmly believes it. He also speaks about the visible skiffs on the trade center towers. There are video's out there where you can actually see the detonations happen .

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0...160132,00.html

^^^ This professor here firmly believes it. He also speaks about the visible skiffs on the trade center towers. There are video's out there where you can actually see the detonations happen .
    I have read his theory..and I myself have a number of questions about his "controlled implosive demolition theory that he does not address. His theory is totally full of holes. He does not explain to my satisfaction a number of things.
    -the lack of uniformity of the 'skiffs'
    -how did the structural weakening that accompanies all implosions(without this the explosives needed are too great and cause large explosions themselves with possible unanticipated results) come about?
    -not only how did the weakening come about, but how did the placement of the 'explosives' happen with no one knowing it?..there is no smoking gun here..or any gun for that matter.
    -He does not explain the progressive leaning and bending of the South face of the North Tower, nor the East face of the South tower, after the plane strikes and before the collapses. It is clearly visible in photographic evidence and in spoken recorded calls previous to the collapses. He does not address this at all.
    -He does nothing to refute the whole theory of structural damage and weakening, weakening of fireproofing by impact, and the effects of serious fires burning explosively-compacted fuel-drenched office furnishings on structurally weakened members that have had their insufficient to begin with fireproofing removed.
    -He fails to mention that the burning melted material coming down the face of the towers could, instead of being molten steel(which he discounts as he should), be melted aluminum (the cladding of the vertical elements and the spandrels of the buildings)
    -He fails to address the unique nature of building seven, which was built spanning an existing stucture, leading to a structurally weak design.
    he fails to give relevant info, and is in fact misleading, when discussing other high rise fires.(none of which involved massive structural damage from impacting planes btw-another thing he fails to address.
    -he fails to address the results of pressure in his analysis of the 'fires in the holes' of the WTC rubble.
    it goes on and on..

None of these theories of his or others is any more satisfactory, and are in fact less satisfactory, then the official story.

*the videos I have seen are all subject to different interpretations..regarding building seven..I too have questions about that collapse that were not sufficiently addressed in the NIST report..but the other 'theories' also leave questions that are even more telling than the lapses in the official story. just because the official story has some problems does not mean that automatically a conspiracy theory is correct. The conspiracy theories have to prove themselves as well-they cannot just be accepted as true by default.*

*"It was well-known by the city of New York that the WTC was an asbestos bombshell. For years, the Port Authority treated the building like an aging dinosaur, attempting on several occasions to get permits to demolish the building for liability reasons, but being turned down due the known asbestos problem. Further, it was well-known the only reason the building was still standing until 9/11 was because it was too costly to disassemble the twin towers floor by floor since the Port Authority was prohibited legally from demolishing the buildings. [Arctic Beacon] "*

^^^this is the kind of crap that is being used by people to support some of these theories..Please! The Arctic Beacon??? you cannot even access this 'Arctic Beacon' to even challenge them for evidence of this crap..yet this is right out there and cited in these conspiracy theories..total unsubstantiated crap IMO. If this all was 'well know'..then why can't they source this..any New Yorkers out there to comment on this 'well known' stuff?*
    Last edited by Sojiita; September 6th, 2006 at 06:07 PM.

I never said 'academics you could reel off the names of"..I said any you had heard of...as in having any remembrance of having ever heard the name at some time.

^^I tried to modify this before it posted...but it posted anyway!!! I did not mean this to come across as so snotty..lol.

No worries. I figured it just came across that way as it sometimes does when we're trying to make a point.

I don't know if any of this is true but I do find it interesting that these people would presumably put their careers (and tenure) on the line this way. I have to at least consider the possibility.

--Sinclair Lewis

A*O

Where's Grimm when we need him?!?!? He LIVES for these conspiracy threads. Can we put this one on ice till he comes back from his timeout in the doghouse?

I too am openminded about the events of 9/11. I know conspiracy theorists can conjour up all kinds of tenuous links and coincidences in these situations but there do seem to be a LOT of inconsistencies and gaps in the official story. A bit like the death of Princess Diana (whom I believe WAS assassinated but, like JFK, the truth will never come out).
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Lil

I generally don't believe the conspiracy theories. I think Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt in a car being driven too fast by a man who had had too much to drink, and I think that however unpalatable it is for some people to believe, the most powerful nation on the planet suffered a devastating attack at the hands of a few people from 'a cave' in Afghanistan.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Thread Information