• 3 Post By burnt_toast
  • 5 Post By dolem
  • 2 Post By SHELLEE
  • 1 Post By Kittylady

Thread: Fake diploma? Florida candidate 'apologizes,' stays in race

fgg

Default Fake diploma? Florida candidate 'apologizes,' stays in race

Fake diploma? Florida candidate apologizes, stays in race

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) A Republican candidate for the Florida Legislature apologized Monday for saying she had a college degree that she didn't complete, but said she will stay in the race "and lead by example from now on."

Melissa Howard last week posted a photo of herself with what looked like a Miami University diploma after being accused of lying about her degree. The Ohio university later sent reporters a statement saying she attended the school, but never graduated and the diploma Howard posted has inaccuracies.

Howard posted an apology on her campaign Facebook page and admitted she didn't graduate from the school.

"I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service. I am staying in the race and intend to win and lead by example from now on," she said.

Even if she dropped out, it's too late to get her name off the ballot ahead of the Aug. 28 primary. Vote by mail ballots were sent out a month ago. The seat represents portions of Manatee and Sarasota counties, where about 20,000 Republican votes have already been cast.

While some have taken to social media to say Howard should drop out, local party officials say the matter should be left to voters.

"We should just let nature take its course. Let the voters decided if they want her to win the primary," said Manatee County Republican committeewoman Peggy Simone.

In her statement, Howard said, "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone." It didn't say what her intent was.

Her primary opponent, Tommy Gregory, didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gabrielle-...-wellness.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well look at the balls on her. Dumbass.
    fgg likes this.

Have you seen the photos of her? She looks like Aryan Fantasy Barbie.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

In her statement, Howard said, "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone."
    LOL, you created and posted a fake diploma, what other intention could that be?
    Beeyotch, czb, Kittylady and 4 others like this.

I would love someone to ask her that. Repeatedly.
    SHELLEE, fgg, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Fake diploma? Florida candidate apologizes, stays in race

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) A Republican candidate for the Florida Legislature apologized Monday for saying she had a college degree that she didn't complete, but said she will stay in the race "and lead by example from now on."

Melissa Howard last week posted a photo of herself with what looked like a Miami University diploma after being accused of lying about her degree. The Ohio university later sent reporters a statement saying she attended the school, but never graduated and the diploma Howard posted has inaccuracies.

Howard posted an apology on her campaign Facebook page and admitted she didn't graduate from the school.

"I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service. I am staying in the race and intend to win and lead by example from now on," she said.

Even if she dropped out, it's too late to get her name off the ballot ahead of the Aug. 28 primary. Vote by mail ballots were sent out a month ago. The seat represents portions of Manatee and Sarasota counties, where about 20,000 Republican votes have already been cast.

While some have taken to social media to say Howard should drop out, local party officials say the matter should be left to voters.

"We should just let nature take its course. Let the voters decided if they want her to win the primary," said Manatee County Republican committeewoman Peggy Simone.

In her statement, Howard said, "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone." It didn't say what her intent was.

Her primary opponent, Tommy Gregory, didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gabrielle-...-wellness.html
    What she did was not a "mistake". A mistake would be implying that she had in effect "graduated" because she had done something like completed all coursework except for one last class. I could kind of see that even though it would be a material misstatement.

Instead, what she did was actually go and put forth some kind of fake diploma with erroneous info on it and say that the university was mistaken. That is a whole different level of lying about your background and is exactly the kind of gaslight distortion we are dealing with at the highest levels of our government right now.
    mostroop, Kittylady and SHELLEE like this.

sheesh. Such a cynic. I'm sure she just accidentally scanned, photoshopped, printed, framed, and hung the thing, and here's people like you ascribing ulterior motives.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Her mouth is fixed into an injected lopsided permanent sneer slash smile.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

From a CNN article
    The document in the image showed that she received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing degree, but the university said it has no such record of a degree. School officials said the university's degree for marketing majors, both then and now, is called a Bachelor of Science in Business.
    Also, Howard's major while she was enrolled at Miami University had been retailing, and the degree for that program would have been a Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences, according to the university.
    The picture of the diploma included the signatures of James Garland, who was the president of the university in 1996, and of Robert C. Johnson, who was actually the dean of the graduate school, which would not have been the proper school, the university statement said.
    If you're falsifying things at least get the damn facts straight.

I thought I read she dropped out of the race - has anybody seen news about that?

Good, maybe she'll stay why bother and stop jacking with her face.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I actually love that the university point by point proved that her diploma was fake. They didn't just say, "we have no record of her graduating" Every little mistake she made on that fake diploma was pointed out. And really, how ballsy is it to say that you didn't mean to "mislead" anyone when in fact you intentionally made a fake diploma and lied about graduating from that school.

Again, as with Trump, why lie about things that can be proven easily?
    Mivvi21, fgg, mostroop and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Good, maybe she'll stay why bother and stop jacking with her face.

Did she ask her doctor for the joker face? What the fuck is wrong the her besides being a Republican and a stupid liar?
    Kittylady and Brookie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Again, as with Trump, why lie about things that can be proven easily?
    Because time and time again Trump has ignored incontrovertible proof and bulldozed through without any consequences, making it the new standard operating procedure for the Republican Party.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information