Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shock! Laura Bush campaigning for repug racist.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Shock! Laura Bush campaigning for repug racist.

BELGRADE, Montana (AP) -- Republican Sen. Conrad Burns, whose recent comments have stirred controversy, says the United States is up against a faceless enemy of terrorists who "drive taxi cabs in the daytime and kill at night."

During a fundraiser Wednesday with first lady Laura Bush, the three-term Montana senator talked about terrorism, tax cuts and the money he has brought to his state. Burns is one of the more vulnerable Senate incumbents, facing a tough challenge from Democrat Jon Tester.

He has drawn criticism in recent weeks for calling his house painter a "nice little Guatemalan man" during a June speech. Burns, whose re-election campaign is pressing for tighter immigration controls, also suggested that the man might be an illegal immigrant. The campaign later said the worker is legal.

Burns, 71, also had to apologize after confronting members of a firefighting team at the Billings airport and telling them they had done a "piss-poor job," according to a state report. In July, the Hotshot crew had traveled 2,000 miles from Staunton, Virginia, to help dig fire lines for about a week around a 143-square-mile wildfire east of Billings.

At the campaign event with Bush, Burns talked about the war on terrorism, saying a "faceless enemy" of terrorists "drive taxi cabs in the daytime and kill at night."

Bush described Burns as a strong advocate for Montana farmers and families.

"In Washington, Senator Burns is a respected voice on the issues facing rural communities in Montana and across the nation," Bush told Burns supporters.

She also said Burns has been important in helping the president on key initiatives, such as tax cuts, and has supported the troops fighting in Iraq and the war on terror.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/....ap/index.html

Well, this should help immigrants fit in, eh? Why can't this guy just go gracefully into a senile old age and stay out of important discussions?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Dammit, beat me to it!

The GOP lately has been rearing it's hideous, racist head in all sorts of ways. This guy, another guy running who called an east indian man a Macac (monkey), and who apparently has ties to the KKK and other white supremist groups..

I swear to god, if any politician up in Canada did that they would be out on their ass so fast and would be ruined for life. It's happened before and they've been fired, kicked out of the party and relegated to obscurity. I can't fathom how anybody gets away with it south o the border.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Dammit, beat me to it!
    Woohoooooo!

Anyway, I agree the repugs are really showing their true colors. They must be hoping to round up enough closet redneck votes to help shore up their dwindling fortunes. But this guy is just plain moronic.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Well he's a Repiglican.. they're all moronic.

Btw, speaking of Repiglican and moronic.. whatever happened to Delphonium and DirtyPool?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Pehaps they're out campaigning for their local nitwit repug.

--Sinclair Lewis

They seem to have gone awfully quiet. I wonder if they've hightailed it to Saving Face, where the rest of the dittoheads reside.

hey now! actually I've been working alot the last couple of weeks so my on-line time is limited.

but it warms my heart to know yer thinking of me Grimm

I also wonder where Dirty Pool is. I miss her!!!

Anyhow.... as to the subject at hand.....

I predict this guy may win the election,because while his comments are a bit inflammatory, he IS stating what a large number of Americans are thinking!

there are too many immigrants legal and illegal, not being watched closely enough and they do present a threat to our safety and well-being.

heck, if I lived in Montana I'd vote for him!

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Then you'd be voting for a racist bigoted asshole and you'd be one yourself.

Congrats on being a horrible person!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Then you'd be voting for a racist bigoted asshole and you'd be one yourself.

Congrats on being a horrible person!

well Grimm, you can always take in a few illegals into your home, feed em, pay for their 12 kids, and employ them. as for me, heck yes I'd vote for this guy, and vote to pay for increased apprehension, jailing and deportation of illegal immigrants!

we have too many immigrants and too many opportunities for terrorists to slip in and wreak havoc.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Ah no, see he's equating taxi drivers with terrorists.

Besides, did Timothy McVeigh slip in? How about the Unabomber? Hmm?

You have your own homegrown crackpots to deal with

there are too many immigrants legal and illegal, not being watched closely enough and they do present a threat to our safety and well-being.

Please kindly define 'too many' and please back up the statement that 'they' present a threat to 'our' safety and well-being.

--Sinclair Lewis

What is up with this guy? It is not exactly like Montana is a hotbed of terrorist activity, has tons of potential terrorist targets or is awash in waves of immigrants, legal or illegal. Hmmm...I wonder what the REAL issues in Montana are that he is avoiding by focusing on this stuff... Also I see DirtyPool was banned..but I don't know when or why.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Really?

Oh.

That's too bad, I semi-enjoyed her ridiculous rantings and skewed point of view.

You know.. for the novelty.

You know, while knocked up on tranquilizers, I theorized that DirtyPool was Ann Coulter. Then, while fairly clear of mind, I realized that it made a lot more sense than I had thought it to posess at the moment.
    2 years...

That's too bad, I semi-enjoyed her ridiculous rantings and skewed point of view.

You know.. for the novelty.
    It's kind of like watching Foxnews for the comedy value.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information