Thread: Rumsfeld says Bush's critics are "cowards"

Lightbulb Rumsfeld says Bush's critics are "cowards"

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld on Tuesday accused critics of the Bush administration's Iraq and counterterrorism policies of lacking the courage to fight terror. (Yes, pointing out the inherent flaws in those policies means that, for some reason, you're skirred of them turrists.)

In unusually explicit terms, Rumsfeld portrayed the administration's critics as suffering from "moral and intellectual confusion" about what threatens the nation's security. (no, we're perfectly aware that you turning Iraq into a 'turrist recruitment center threatens national security. Way to go.)

Addressing several thousand veterans at the American Legion's national convention, Rumsfeld recited what he called the lessons of history, including the failed efforts to appease the Adolf Hitler regime in the 1930s.

"I recount this history because once again we face the same kind of challenges in efforts to confront the rising threat of a new type of fascism" he said. (What fascism? People pissed off because you bomb their countries and finance tyrants/dictators, the very people PROMOTING fascism?)

Rumsfeld spoke to an American Legion convention as part of a coordinated White House strategy, in advance of the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, aiming to take the offensive against administration critics at a time of doubt about the future of Iraq and how long U.S. troops must remain there.

Rumsfeld recalled a string of recent terrorist attacks, from the 9/11 attacks to bombings in Bali, London and Madrid, and said it should be obvious to anyone that terrorists must be confronted, not appeased. (so what does that have to do with Iraq? Oh right, nothing. You want to end terrorism? End US imperialism and interference in other nations.)

"But it is apparent that many have still not learned history's lessons," he said, adding that part of the problem is that the American news media have tended to emphasize the negative rather than the positive. (Yes, it's horrible when the lessons of Osama and Saddam, Shah Rezam, Noriega and all the rest of the US backed freaks are ignored.)

He said, for example, that more media attention was given to U.S. soldiers' abuse of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib than to the fact that Sgt. 1st Class Paul Ray Smith received the Medal of Honor. (Maybe because it was more fucking important and you'd rather Abu Grhaib not be investigated at all. Fucktard.)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/....ap/index.html
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Where are my Christmas lights?........
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

"moral and intellectual confusion"
    WTF does that mean? THe criitcs are not confused on anything, they KNOW that this war has made the world's security worst off.

I think Rumsfield is confused. He must've forgot that were in the US, not Nazi Germany. Fucking fascist.

No, he's not confused. He's deflecting. He's using straw man techniques.

straw man tactic: "Some say that we should appease the terrorists..."

reality: Nobody has said that, he could not provide even ONE instance of someone having said that if pressed (and nobody presses), and nobody WOULD say that. But by simply uttering it, he gives that falsehood an air of legitimacy.

It's brilliant, but come on..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information