Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 2 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: September 16, 2017: BATTLE OF THE CLOWNS!

Default September 16, 2017: BATTLE OF THE CLOWNS!

Photo Credit: John Carucci for AP Photo

Pro-Trump Rally Set to Clash with Juggalo March in Washington, D.C. in September

“The Mother of All Rallies” is coming to Washington, D.C. on September 16th. The Pro-Trump group bills itself as “The Woodstock of American Rallies” on its official website, with the aim of sending “a message to congress the media and the world” that “we stand united to defend American culture & values.” Over 7,000 people follow the rally’s Facebook page. It should be quite the gathering.
    There’s only one problem: there will already be another kind of gathering in town.
    Also scheduled to storm the National Mall that day is the Juggalo March, a collective of I.C.P. fans seeking equal treatment, which we first reported on here last summer. The Juggalo March “aims to bring national attention to the ongoing discrimination and profiling that Juggalos continue to be subjected to following the group’s inclusion in the U.S. Department of Justice’s 2011 National Gang Task Force report.” Which is a ludicrous classification, to be sure: while we may enjoy making fun of ICP and their fans, they’re not inherently bad people.
    We’ve previously gone on record as saying the Juggalo March might be in poor taste; millions of Americans have been fighting for the privilege of being treated equally for centuries, based on circumstances entirely out of their control, and it seems insensitive and tone deaf in this time of civil rights upheaval for Juggalos to claim the same level of unfair treatment based on a lifestyle they’ve chosen for themselves… and one based around fandom of a band, no less.
    That said, there’s no question whose side we’re on when it comes to Juggalos vs. pro-Trump crazies: Juggalos all the way!!
    That said, I’m really not sure where most Juggalos’ politics lie. There may be a significant pro-Trump contingent amongst them. As with any fanbase, I’d expect their group is diverse.
    In short, it’ll be very, very interesting when these two groups meet on September 16th. Both rallies have made pledges to stay peaceful, and we certainly hope it comes to pass that way. We’ll keep you updated!
    Pro-Trump Rally Set to Clash with Juggalo March in Washington, D.C. in September | MetalSucks

Team Juggalo all the way! <-words I never thought I'd say.

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I'm team juggalo all the way too. Fuck these pro-trump hate fests that are disguised as rallies.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

OCD

I'm pretty sure most Juggalos are Trump voters. The ones I know personally are all ignorant, belligerent, illiterate, white and are the bottom of the barrel of humanity. And my niece once she became very into the Juggalo scene (which I just have no idea what the appeal is there....) was caught holding a hatchet over her moms face while she was sleeping. Juggalo types seem to be the sort that follow without thought. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

ETA: Actually I'm pretty sure Juggalo followers don't vote at all.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about KKK members.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Or Trump versus Pennywise.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

"...we stand united to defend WHITE American culture & values.”
    Fixed.
    panic likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Yes, and by "culture and values" they mean hating and controlling others. I've seen pictures of these people. There's very little culture in evidence.
    BITTER and panic like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

One of my coworkers theorizes that juggalos are kind of like a remainder bin for human beings who don't fit in anywhere else. Basically, the Big Lots of humanity.
    panic likes this.

Thread Information