Thread: Katherine Harris: separation of church and state a lie

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Katherine Harris: separation of church and state a lie

In a lengthy interview with Florida Baptist Witness, struggling U.S. Senate candidate Katherine Harris asserts, among other things, that the separation of church and state is a fallacy.

Advertisement
    "We have to have the faithful in government and over time," the Witness quotes Harris as saying, "that lie we have been told, the separation of church and state, people have internalized, thinking that they needed to avoid politics and that is so wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

Excerpted answers from the interview follow:

On civil rights for gays: "Civil rights have to do with individual rights and I don't think they apply to the gay issues. I have not supported gay marriage and I do not support any civil rights actions with regard to homosexuality."

When asked if abortion is a moral evil: "Yes. Because it's a life, it's a life. Life begins at conception."

Stem cell research: "I'm the only candidate in the primary or general who's voted against embryonic stem cell research and has voted for cord blood research and adult stem cell research. ... There are no successes for embryonic. That is why the private sector is not involved and there is no justification for taking a live embryo and destroying it."

Regarding the Florida primary: "Florida is the forerunner state. ...[W]hat happens in Florida sets the trend for what happens nationally. And with this election, if Bill Nelson wins, itís going to be a very frightening proposition in 2008 in the presidential elections because whoever wins Florida will win the presidency."
    http://www.rawstory.com/printstory.php?story=3028

Full interview here http://www.floridabaptistwitness.com/6298.article

Ok, God is the one who chooses our rulers? Maybe she should move to Russia and find herself a spare Romanov. Is anyone surprised this woman is tight with the Bushies? I guess self-rightousness is a prerequisite for hanging with them.

And I really recommend reading the full interview. It's not easy on the stomach but worth it just for the sheer insanity. The stuff about her missionary family is hilarious--and also the height of arrogance. I just cannot believe that people like this exist. It has to be some sort of joke.
    Last edited by buttmunch; August 25th, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Katherine Harris (helped Bush win Florida) separation of church and state a lie

Katherine Harris: The Picture of Professionalism

Default Re: Katherine Harris (helped Bush win Florida) separation of church and state a lie

Ha! My wallpaper of the day. Thanks!

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Batshit crazy skank.

"If you are not electing Christians, tried and true, under public scrutiny and pressure, if you’re not electing Christians then in essence you are going to legislate sin. They can legislate sin. They can say that abortion is alright. They can vote to sustain gay marriage. And that will take western civilization, indeed other nations because people look to our country as one nation as under God and whenever we legislate sin and we say abortion is permissible and we say gay unions are permissible, then average citizens who are not Christians, because they don’t know better, we are leading them astray and it’s wrong. ..."
    What about the other 180 million who ARENT christian? I guess they don't matter...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Or those who are born christian but don't practice it in any formal way. She's as batshit insane as Coulter, but more dangerous because she gives the impression of actually believing this horseshit (we all know Coulter just wants money and attention--not necessarily in that order--and would shill for Mao if it would make her a dime).

--Sinclair Lewis

Well this bitch is leading one of the most hilariously pathetic campaigns... so funny. She's trailing the Dem candidate by about 35 points, she had a rally and the only people that showed up were her staff and reporters, in this HUGE airplane hangar..

She tried to pass it off by saying "oh our original SMALLER location was damaged by a falling tree, so we had to move here, and there wasn't a lot of time to alert people to the change..." except that the hangar had always been the primary location.

At the end of her speech (to herself i guess), a bunch of red, white and blue balloons fell softly from the ceiling onto the empty rows of seats.

Priceless.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Katherine Harris: separation of church and state a lie

What I wouldn't give to see video of that. But I'm still stuck on her missionary granddaddy heading to Africa to apparently 'help' the 'savages' find their way to God. I fucking hate missionaries. What they do is so beyond arrogant.

--Sinclair Lewis

Maybe they bring edible bibles.

Along with thier edible underwear?

--Sinclair Lewis

Kill her now.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

What an idiot. One of the founding concepts that made the USA unique was that we threw out the divine right of rulers and instead posited that all men had rights (well, except for blacks, slaves and women) that could not be squelched by tyrranical rulers.

Remember folks, she was in charge of the recount in Florida. Any wonder bush 'won'?

--Sinclair Lewis

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Maybe she'll be blown away by Hurricaine Ernesto.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Thread Information