Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree4054Likes

Thread: Do we still want to talk about this Trump thing?

Default Do we still want to talk about this Trump thing?

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

no. but we have to. for at least 4 more years
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

NO! It is over, it sucks, but it is what it is.
    SHELLEE likes this.

Elite Member

I have posted since the election, but I can't get over all the conflicts of interest and this whole Melania and Barron not living in DC crap. Why is this OK? Who is supposed say "no" to this guy? There has to be someone that tells him that you can't do this stuff. Aren't there rules? Or, are there none? This is ridiculous. He's is going to make money hand over fist being the President. It's disgusting and embarrassing.
    BBDSP, sparkles and HWBL like this.

Nobody with children in the public schools should stop talking . president orangina just named betsey devos as sec of education.

Betsey fucking deVos, who has been destroying MI schools for some time, and will now spread it to the rest of the country.
    BBDSP, stella blue, tulip and 6 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I have posted since the election, but I can't get over all the conflicts of interest and this whole Melania and Barron not living in DC crap. Why is this OK? Who is supposed say "no" to this guy? There has to be someone that tells him that you can't do this stuff. Aren't there rules? Or, are there none? This is ridiculous. He's is going to make money hand over fist being the President. It's disgusting and embarrassing.
    As much as I despise everything about Trump, if Melania and Barron don't want to move, that is fine with me. We didn't elect them, and they don't get a paycheck for whatever it is we expect the first family to do. Trump is the only one who has an actual paid elected job to do. It's customary for the family to join in, but not required. And I don't blame them for not wanting to be around Donald.

Confession: my dirty lens is having to move across town and go to a different school because my dad was the principal and his contract required us to live in the district. It sucked. And this is .0000000000000000001% as much scrutiny as a kid in the White House gets, so I can't blame Melania for opting her kid out. Too bad Barron's dad didn't give a fuck before applying for the job.
    sparkles, Beeyotch and Seapharris7 like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I hate to use buzz-words, but yes...we cannot let him be "normalized". I can't stand the thought of every single thing turning into what's happened on FB, where, for the last year, all I've seen are posts about this candidate or the other. And now everyone's like...can we just get back to posting cat pics or recipes please?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    As much as I despise everything about Trump, if Melania and Barron don't want to move, that is fine with me. We didn't elect them, and they don't get a paycheck for whatever it is we expect the first family to do. Trump is the only one who has an actual paid elected job to do. It's customary for the family to join in, but not required. And I don't blame them for not wanting to be around Donald.

Confession: my dirty lens is having to move across town and go to a different school because my dad was the principal and his contract required us to live in the district. It sucked. And this is .0000000000000000001% as much scrutiny as a kid in the White House gets, so I can't blame Melania for opting her kid out. Too bad Barron's dad didn't give a fuck before applying for the job.
    But it's going to cost the taxpayers millions for them to live in NYC. I have a problem with that.

I think you both make valid points in your posts. I'd be pissed about the cost to keep them in NYC but I feel for the little boy. Someone sent me a video of him at the Republican Convention asking me if I thought he was autistic. I watched the first few minutes and rolled my eyes. He just looked awkward and exceedingly uncomfortable to me-nothing like my Aspie son. Nothing similar at all in their behaviors. I think he is mortified to be anywhere around his dad in public and I would definitely feel the same way. I also think he's a whole lot smarter than the rest of his siblings because he clearly didn't want Pence touching him at all. I don't have one iota of sympathy for Trump's wife though.

Here's something amusing. Read the reviews. https://www.amazon.com/Trump-America...toys-and-games

There was a blue ornament, it was smarter than this one, had a lifetime of experience, supported trees of all colors and beliefs, and (get this) was loved by two million more people than this ornament but somehow this ornament is the one on Amazon.
    Despite ordering a more reasonable ornament, this one arrived. It. Is. Yuge. It's absolutely yuge. It's the biggest ornament. Yuge.
    I hung it on my tree, but it is so yuge that it has totally unbalanced my whole tree. No matter where I hang it, the tree leans waaaaaay over to the far right.
    There are 460 reviews right now.

No. The answer is no, I'm done with this fucking shit.
    Sarzy and Froogy like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Here's something amusing. Read the reviews. https://www.amazon.com/Trump-America...toys-and-games

There are 460 reviews right now.
    My favorite:

It tried to put my nativity figures into an internment camp. Would not buy again.

Quote Originally Posted by mmevertigina View Post
    here's something amusing. Read the reviews. https://www.amazon.com/trump-america...toys-and-games
    lol
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Elite Member

This Thanksgiving I am grateful that everyone in my family and my husband's is on the same page politically.

I can't imagine sitting down with a bunch of Trump voters and trying to stay cordial.

If anything, I'm more upset than I was on November 9 because everything I've seen so far of his administration is somewhere on the spectrum of disturbing to terrifying.

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information