Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 2 Post By OrangeSlice
  • 6 Post By sluce

Thread: U.S. Presidential election - 2016

Default U.S. Presidential election - 2016

Looks like the GOP filed is dwindling. Fiorina has ended her bid. Christy is back in NJ making a decision whether or not he should end his bid. I wonder how much money was spend when there was no chance they would get the nomination?

ETA - local news is reporting Christy is about to announce he is ending his campaign.

https://gma.yahoo.com/carly-fiorina-...pstories.html#

Carly Fiorina is suspending her presidential campaign, she announced today.

"While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them," Fiorina wrote in a statement released Wednesday, one day after finishing in 7th place in the first-in-the-nation New Hampshire primary.

Fiorina vowed to continue fighting against the forces of crony capitalism that she warned in her campaign have led to an unfair partnership between government and the rich and powerful, while disadvantaging normal working class Americans. The only woman candidate in the Republican primary contest, Fiorina also encouraged women and girls to define feminism on their own terms.

"Do not let others define you. Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you're a woman," she said. "That is not feminism. Feminism doesn't shut down conversations or threaten women. It is not about ideology. It is not a weapon to wield against your political opponent. A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts."

Fiorina gained some traction in the Republican primary last fall following a strong performance in the first televised Republican presidential debate. After participating in the undercard debate, Fiorina saw a jolt to her poll numbers and earned a spot on the main debate stage for several forums thereafter.

She was ultimately unable to sustain the momentum and her poll numbers began to slip.

Florina's opposition to abortion and Planned Parenthood became a central issue of her campaign, with the candidate repeatedly accusing the women's health organization of supporting the harvesting fetal body parts for profit.

Fiorina launched her long-shot bid for the Republican nomination last May, touting her business credentials and status as a political outsider. She has never held public office but mounted a failed challenge to California Sen. Barbara Boxer in 2010.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
    OrangeSlice and Brah like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Christie doesn't have a chance.

Ben Carson needs to be next. It doesn't make sense, financially, to continue to spend money when you aren't doing well, or doing downright poorly. 2% and he thinks he can win South Carolina? The guy might be a great surgeon but a politician he is not.

sluce and witchcurlgirl like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Jesus. Cruz is on Meet the Press blathering on about why we cannot let Obama pick a new SCJ. He is a one-trick pony - Hillary and Trump will allow abortion on demand, partial birth abortions, take away religious freedom, sand blast crosses and stars of David from tombstones of our veterans... He just makes shit up and there are people out there who believe him. So scary.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Sanders or Clinton - I'm in...but I do think they will end up as running mates.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information