Thread: Bush gave Israel go ahead to bomb Lebanon months ago

Exclamation Bush gave Israel go ahead to bomb Lebanon months ago

In a new article in the New Yorker, Seymour Hersh, of Abu Ghraib fame, claims that the Bush administration gave Israel the green light to attack Lebanon earlier in the summer:

A Pentagon consultant said that the Bush White House "has been agitating for some time to find a reason for a preemptive blow against Hezbollah." He added, "It was our intent to have Hezbollah diminished, and now we have someone else doing it." (As this article went to press, the United Nations Security Council passed a ceasefire resolution, although it was unclear if it would change the situation on the ground.)

Earlier this summer, before the Hezbolla kidnappings, the U.S. government consultant said, several Israeli officials visited Washington separately, "to get a green light for the bombing operation and to find out how much the United States would bear." The consultant added, "Israel began with Cheney. It wanted to be sure that it had his support and the support of his office and the Middle East desk of the National Security Council." After that, "persuading Bush was never a problem, and Condi Rice was on board," the consultant said.

Hersh alludes to the reaction to this article in the Middle East. Will the American press actually understand how important the implications of this revelation are to our situation in Iraq? Will they even ask the President and his people for honest answers?

With a civil war breaking out in Iraq, an Arab country we occupy, did we actually encourage Israel to ferment the anti-Israeli / anti-Western flames in the Arab world? Who could possibly think that was a good idea and why are they still running this country?

Feel safer yet?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Bush gave Israel go ahead to bomb Lebanon months ago

Hate to break it to the world press, but Israel is a free democratic nation and they do NOT need or require the US's permission to defend their homeland. This article is bs.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

I hate to break it to YOU, but Israel seeks the permission of the US all the time considering the US is the one that has to step in and play big brother.

That's really common knowledge. Israel pretty much exists only because the US lets it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This information has been circulating in the media for quite some time now. Israel does need the US's permission because if you've been following the news lately The US government is the only one that kept pushing back a cease fire( between silly speeches about birth pangs and vetos in the security council) and it supplies the Israeli army with a lot of it's weaponry, not to mention, a lot of your tax money goes there.
    So, um yeah.They do need it.

No they don't. They are not bound by treaty or any other international law to request permission to defend their country. Passing ya'll the ol' tinfoil hat.... the messages from the mother ship are scrambling your circuits.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Oh for fucks sake, do some damned research. It's COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Just because you're ignorant of it doesn't mean it isn't obvious to anybody else who actually reads.

They vet pretty much anything they do with the US.

LOOK IT UP.

Thread Information