Page 1 of 246 123451151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

Default Can we talk about this Trump thing?

I don't have an article to post, because there are too many, but he's punking the Right, right? He's absurd as a host of a reality show and there are actually people who think he should have the codes to the bombs?

I'm just pleased with how many he's taking down with him.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

He was never a serious candidate and I say let him run free to damage the Repugs as much as possible. What does concern me a bit as how many ridiculously stupid people are polling in his favor.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Agreed.

If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

What if by some kind of miracle he gets the nomination, President Bernie Sanders has a nice ring to it..(I sincerely hope the voters would not be stupid enough to vote for this racist assclown on election day)
    greysfang likes this.

I can't wrap it around my head around the idea that so many people are (stupidly) seriously supporting him, and that he's still on top of the Republican polls. He just seems to be mouthing off all these stupid comments and ideas, and sadly, it seems to be what people want to hear. All his idiotic "solutions" are so unrealistic; if, God forbid, he were elected, he'll find out very quickly that it's not so easy to "make America great again" as he thinks. He says, let's build a wall and have Mexico pay for it; how are you going to force Mexico to pay, and who do you think more than likely will end up working on building the wall? Immigrants, you jackass! Deport all illegals immediately? Sorry, but good luck finding any non-immigrants willing to work in farm labor in 100 plus degree heat 7 days a week.

It does almost seem like satire from some movie. The closest I can think of is "Being There" with Peter Sellers -- where Sellers plays a mentally challenged gardener who is mistaken for a political savant.

I can't wrap it around my head around the idea that so many people are (stupidly) seriously supporting him, and that he's still on top of the Republican polls. He just seems to be mouthing off all these stupid comments and ideas, and sadly, it seems to be what people want to hear. All his idiotic "solutions" are so unrealistic; if, God forbid, he were elected, he'll find out very quickly that it's not so easy to "make America great again" as he thinks. He says, let's build a wall and have Mexico pay for it; how are you going to force Mexico to pay, and who do you think more than likely will end up working on building the wall? Immigrants, you jackass! Deport all illegals immediately? Sorry, but good look finding any non-immigrants willing to work in farm labor in 100 plus degree heat 7 days a week.
    I think it does indicate the impotent rage that a certain segment of the US population feels about issues like immigration, foreign policy, and economic policy.

It's also very telling that when Trump went after one of Roger Ailes' top anchors, Ailes did not set the whole Fox News machine against Trump. Instead, he said very little publicly in defense of Kelly, and instead worked back channels very, very hard to come to some kind of agreement with Trump. He is a monster that Ailes helped create, and one that couldn't be controlled who was actually turning on Fox.
    twitchy2.0 and Kathie_Moffett like this.

A*O

As an outside observer I get the strong impression that Trump appeals to a much bigger constituency of old school American patriots, not necessarily with one particular political affiliation, who are sick and tired of weak, mimsy, PC "leadership" and in these uncertain times want someone who isn't afraid to stand up and proclaim what many of them believe but dare not say. His stance on immigration for example is pretty extreme but I bet there's a lot of people who are secretly saying "at last! Go Donald". I don't believe his "inexplicable" success in the polls is anything of the sort. The people have spoken and wise candidates (both sides) should learn some important lessons from it.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    As an outside observer I get the strong impression that Trump appeals to a much bigger constituency of old school American patriots, not necessarily with one particular political affiliation, who are sick and tired of weak, mimsy, PC "leadership" and in these uncertain times want someone who isn't afraid to stand up and proclaim what many of them believe but dare not say. His stance on immigration for example is pretty extreme but I bet there's a lot of people who are secretly saying "at last! Go Donald". I don't believe his "inexplicable" success in the polls is anything of the sort. The people have spoken and wise candidates (both sides) should learn some important lessons from it.
    A CNN commentator said something really funny about Trump's candidacy - "he doesn't have policies; he has notions". Basically, there is nothing to his statements in terms of tactics or realism.

I read somewhere (Reddit, maybe?) that people think he was hired by the Clintons so there was no choice but to vote for Hillary, if Trump actually did get nominated (that's a big reach, there's just too many variables in there to know beforehand that it would work).

Why he's at the top of the polls, I have no freaking clue. Even the right says he's a joke. And, no, I certainly don't want him to have the codes. This whole situation is insane. I don't think the RNC would ever nominate him.

I think he's at the top of the polls for the same reasons Mohand and A*O gave: he's appealing to the people. Like it or not, there are many, many people who feel this country has gone too far to the left. They also don't like to be befuddled by the facts of things but rather long for the black and white, simple answer to everything. It's embarrassing how stupid the average person is.

He's only running for attention. He can claim he was the best candidate ever or whatever. So does he drop out before the primary? Or does his ego take flight over the poll numbers and he takes his stupid little game to the finish line?
    MohandasKGanja, A*O, palta and 1 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Not while I'm eating.
    Honey and cherrypye like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A*O

You're right, the average voter really has no clue about what they are actually voting for. But they will be drawn to a strong leader with firm views on trigger alert issues like immigration, tax, abortion, healthcare, homeland security, foreign policy etc. Trump may be a vain braggart and attention whore but people obviously like him and the other candidates need to look and learn.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

What's demoralizing is his "strong views" aren't really anything resembling a platform: Make America Great Again! Stop Illegals! End Political Correctness! I'm the Best!
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You're right, the average voter really has no clue about what they are actually voting for. But they will be drawn to a strong leader with firm views on trigger alert issues like immigration, tax, abortion, healthcare, homeland security, foreign policy etc. Trump may be a vain braggart and attention whore but people obviously like him and the other candidates need to look and learn.
    That's where Trump is particularly hurting the Republican brand. Other candidates are loath to publicly criticize him - the theory being that they don't want to alienate a set of voters who will be looking for someone with a similar platform to latch onto when Trump "inevitably self destructs". This is causing some of them to edge ever closer to some of the more extreme things Trump is saying. Apparently, Trump wants to end birthright citizenship which is considered to be a right under the 14th amendment. In the last couple of days, Jeb Bush has made some comments indicating he supports that view.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

The thing I keep reminding myself is that he's supported by 25% (depending on the poll) of a minority 40-45% of the country that identify as Republican. Isn't that in the 10-11% range? Also the other thing I have to keep reminding myself is that I believe that Republicans believe that they are running for President of the World (I first thought this with Bush, because his actions just made no common sense unless that was his belief). There is not a distinction or recognition of the sovereignty of other nations or cultures. Whatever happens anywhere somehow directly impacts the US and we have the ability to affect every and any action anywhere. And somehow all people outside of the US are somehow less than US citizens.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That's where Trump is particularly hurting the Republican brand. Other candidates are loath to publicly criticize him - the theory being that they don't want to alienate a set of voters who will be looking for someone with a similar platform to latch onto when Trump "inevitably self destructs". This is causing some of them to edge ever closer to some of the more extreme things Trump is saying. Apparently, Trump wants to end birthright citizenship which is considered to be a right under the 14th amendment. In the last couple of days, Jeb Bush has made some comments indicating he supports that view.
    It's the greatest idea ever! See ya Jindal and Rubio, the Donald sayz youse gotsa to go. Let's see what other ideas he can come up with to ban and deport the rest of the clown car.
    OrangeSlice likes this.

Page 1 of 246 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information