Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush knew about airline plot, stayed on vacation anyhow

Angry Bush knew about airline plot, stayed on vacation anyhow

by John in DC - 8/10/2006 01:09:00 PM

We're upending civil aviation in the US today, freaking the hell out of the entire country, and what is our president doing? Giving speeches about... the economy!

Because what other topic would be more appropriate for a day when we learn that terrorists want to kill thousands of Americans on US airlines.

And even more interesting, according to press reports, Bush was briefed about the attack days ago while he was on vacation. And guess what? He stayed on vacation. Sound familiar?

And even better, they didn't even wake Bush up last night to let him know that the Brits had gone public and that, basically, everyone was freaking over the report:

Because Bush had been getting regular briefings on the developments, Snow said the president was not awakened overnight as action by British authorities was made public.

Then again, they thought someone was trying to kill Laura Bush and Nancy Reagan with an airplane headed to the White House a few years back, and no one told Bush because he was busy riding his bike in Maryland. So, what's a terrorist plot to destroy scores of American airplanes to the president who must never be disturbed.

Oh yeah, and now Bush is off to a Republican fundraiser. After all, if Bush doesn't ignore the current crisis, the terrorists win.

So the big question now, is whether Bush is still on vacation today or whether he called it off?

http://americablog.blogspot.com/
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Bush knew about airline plot, stayed on vacation anyhow

His brain is on a permanent vacation.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    His brain is on a permanent vacation.
    It's probably safer that way.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um no shit; this is such a bullshit hoax any damn way; i don't believe a damn word any of these A-holes say. I heard Mayor of NYC Bloomberg say, "We won't be intimidated by the terrorists bla bla bla" and i yelled at my tv, "I won't be intimidated by my GOVERNMENT DICKWAD!"

Check it out:

by Joe in DC - 8/10/2006 02:18:00 PM

In today's NY Times, Dick Cheney warned that the Lieberman loss would embolden "Al Qaeda" types. It is reasonable to assume that Cheney, like Bush, knew about the unfolding scandal in Great Britain.

Think about this for a minute. It shows how evil the Bush/Cheney team really is. Knowing that this story was about to break, Cheney invoked Al Qaeda in purely political terms. Once again, Cheney is using terrorism for political purposes. The media should have laughed at him when he made his outrageous claim yesterday. Now, the media show be outraged. They were duped.

So Bush stays on vacation, Cheney goes on a political attack. Sums them up. Clearly, Cheney's motives were pure partisan political. He choreographed his statements to be out there when this story broke. It's sick.

Instead of fighting terror, the Bush team is continually playing politics -- even with top secret info. That's one reason why Cheney's former chief of staff, Scooter Libby, is on trial. Bush and Cheney breach security -- and use classified info. for political reasons.

Ken Mehlman's been on a terror tirade lately. Did Ken Mehlman know about the alleged terror plot, too?

www.americablog.com
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Blair was on vacation also. Of course he came back
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Of course he stayed on vacation. He's still hasn't finished "My Pet Goat". He's got to find out how it ends!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Blair was on vacation also. Of course he came back
    Words cannot express how much GW angers me with his actions. Like, staying on vacation--regardless if this is a legitmate threat or not. GOD HES AN ASSHOLE. At least Blair has some fucking brains.

for a day when we learn that terrorists want to kill thousands of Americans on US airlines.

GRRR! i hate the way this is all about Americans!! not the fact this was gonna happen in UK, on Uk airlines which would also be carrying UK passengers. Stupid John in DC. Even Bush went on about it bein bad for Americans, HELLO??? you aint the only ones George!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

First of all; "airline plot" my ass!
    second of all: why are the terrorists seemingly obsessed w/ airplanes?! totally stupid!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    First of all; "airline plot" my ass!
    second of all: why are the terrorists seemingly obsessed w/ airplanes?! totally stupid!

Because it's a good cheap easy way to access a whole lotta explosive material (jet fuel) to be used to maximum advantage to kill the biggest number of folks. It's not like they can just walk into "Warheads R Us" in Dubuque and buy a fully armed Triton missle to toss at the Pentagon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Because it's a good cheap easy way to access a whole lotta explosive material (jet fuel) to be used to maximum advantage to kill the biggest number of folks. It's not like they can just walk into "Warheads R Us" in Dubuque and buy a fully armed Triton missle to toss at the Pentagon or something.
    Dubuque may not have a store, but I think Warheads R Us is wayyyy overpriced anyway. I usually end up going to WarheadMart or The Warhead Barn to get my weapons of terror. And at WarheadMart if you purchase a Triton missile they throw in a pound of Semtex for free! Wheeeeee!!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

On a day when terrorists want to kill thousands of americans..........

Thats everyday people!!!

FFS.

The threat is there everyday. Arrests are constantly made and plots constantly uncovered. Its only news when a journalist gets a sniff ( which they then emebelish to make newsworthy )

Lets talk tactics. The goal is to attack the Enemy's (En) centre of gravity (COG) The COG is the concept, materiel, territory or capability that provides an the En his Freedom of Action.

Fundamentally with Terrorists the COG is widely debated ergo a lack of a clear path to create a defeat mechanism.

However reversing the situation. The En has ID'd our COG as the ability to retain popular support.

This means we have several Critical Requirements such as:

- Public Sense/perception of Security (Sy)
    - Economic sense of Sy.

Every requirement is then targetted for Critical Vulnerabilities. (CV's)

Some key CV's

- Requirement to maintain personal freedoms of citizenry.
    - Requirement of functional infrastructure.
    - Mainrtenance of economic strength.
    - Maintenance of popular / strong leadership.

This list is endless.

So lets take 9/11.

- Broadcast Live to the world.
    - Visually spectacular result
    - Economically crippling. Shut down key transport system. Shut down key Economic centre.
    - Established the climate of fear. restricted freedoms.

London

- Shut down transit system (infrastructure)
    - Shut down economic centre.
    - Restricted freedoms.

There are constantly plots and threats. However any leadership must decide whether or not the risk outweighs the need to maintain the sense of SY and freedom.

Perception of SY is in reality more important than actual SY. In many ways the press and its need for scaremongering to sell papers when it latches on to these plots is not helping you but in fact aiding the En in their goals.

I would suggest you look to the UK in 1940. They had the crap bombed out of them but stood by their country in the face of the En. The Blitz was aimed at terrorising the public into forcing the Govt to surrender.

You need to realise there are people out there who want to kill you. They will die to do it. It is up to you as to how to react.

They have guts and determination. They will attack as long as you dont show the same back to them.

The Defeat Mechanism is not destroying his people or resources. Its destroying his will to fight.

This is why Spain will go down as the first country to lose the war on terror.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

The 'war on terror' is about as winnable as the war on drugs.

Throwing bombs and bullets at it will only clip it at the periphery.

It's an IDEA.

The IDEA needs to be killed.

The IMPETUS for the idea must be found and stopped.

So far, the powers that be haven't done that and will not because it simply interrupts their imperialist aims. Plus, there's always a need for an evil empire, a boogeyman. The Soviets filled the role for awhile, but this is even better. An amorphous, shadowy, indefinable enemy. Perfect.

These nutjobs don't give a fuck about 'western civilization'. They give a fuck that 'western civilization' is fucking around in their affairs.

It's been repeated time and again, but some don't care to hear it.

The roots of the issue are being ignored in favor of idiotic, short-term reactionism that has accomplished nothing since its inception.

Someone on nytimes.com said "I can't bring my hair gel with me on a trip. My hair looks bad. I'm not as safe as before."

What I said was we need better profiling, f$$k the PC bull##hit. But that wasn't published.

It's all oil, it's all politics. It's all horrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information