Thread: Bush only vacationing 10 days (this summer) while planet falls apart

Red face Bush only vacationing 10 days (this summer) while planet falls apart

Boo frickety hoo! You can only stay 10 days THIS MONTH. Wahh!

You've collectively taken almost a year off by kicking back at your stupid ranch.. you're the most vacationed preznit ever!

Fucktard!

By Richard Benedetto
    USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — August is usually when President Bush stays away from Washington to recharge at his Texas ranch.

This year, Bush is cutting his down time to only 10 days — the shortest summer break of his presidency — against the backdrop of the Middle East in crisis, Baghdad beset by violence and Cuba in flux.

Bush usually spends three to four weeks at his 1,600-acre spread near Crawford, Texas. His rest, though, has been marred by wars, a re-election campaign, anti-war protests and Hurricane Katrina.

Analysts see Bush's shorter vacation as partly a response to the angry criticism last year from the hurricane-devastated Gulf Coast that he and his administration were slow to respond to the disaster. Bush cut his month-long Texas stay by two days.

“Last summer, he was not seen as being on top of the job,” says Merle Black, a political scientist at Emory University in Atlanta. “He doesn't want to be seen taking a whole month off right now. It doesn't look good.”

White House press secretary Tony Snow says Bush is taking a shorter break not because of criticism but because he has other things to do, including campaigning for Republican candidates in the fall elections, pushing for immigration reform and attending a family wedding in Kennebunkport, Maine. He plans to be in Louisiana and Mississippi on the Aug. 29 anniversary of Katrina and might return to Crawford for two days after that.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be at the ranch, where they will monitor the Middle East, Iraq and the United Nations. “He's going to be working a lot, and people are going to see it,” Snow says.

Black says people used to grant that presidents needed time off, but not anymore and not in times of crisis. “These are times when the president has to be seen as being the president, and to many Americans, if he's not in Washington, he's taking time off,” Black says.

Mel Borins, a Toronto physician and author of Go Away Just for the Health of It, says the attitude that people should not take time off stems from the competitiveness that has developed in the American workplace in the past 20 years. “You have a strong culture of work so that if you take a vacation, you are seen as being lazy or sloughing off your responsibilities,” he says.

On his way to the ranch today, Bush planned to stop in Mission, Texas, to tour a Border Patrol facility and speak on immigration.

Next Thursday, he will headline a $1,000-a-plate luncheon for Republican congressional candidate John Gard in Oneida, Wis.

Once again, Bush's Texas stay will be shadowed by war protester Cindy Sheehan, whose son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, was killed in Iraq in 2004. Spokeswoman Tiffany Burns says Sheehan will arrive Sunday and renew her call for a meeting with Bush.

The president's only restful summer stay at the ranch was his first one, the month before 9/11.

“They don't understand the definition of work,” he responded to critics of his time away at an Aug. 8, 2001, news conference. “I'm getting a lot done. Secondly, you don't have to be in Washington to work. It's amazing what can happen with telephones and faxes.” ( Yeah, you can ignore those at a ranch too.)

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...tion03.art.htm
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Re: Bush only vacationing 10 days (this summer) while planet falls apart

That's like an overnight trip for most of us. This guy digs his down time, eh?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

Default Re: Bush only vacationing 10 days (this summer) while planet falls apart

Let's hope another hurricane doesn't hit during his vacation!

unless it hits Crawford Texas.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

and you kno who he's shackin' up with don't you!?

thats right; none other than Condi Rice! Laura's pretty pissed about it; well not really; she's lost her ability to feel emotion thanks to her 'happy' pills and botox tea parties.

SVZ

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

How do you have sex with used condomleeza rice?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ x 1,000,000,000,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Bush with an erection heading towards Condi's moist opening....*faints and knocks self out cold*
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

How do you have sex with used condomleeza rice?
    LMAO Comdomleeza Rice. I really don't know the answer to that question...and I never want to find out. blurgh

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Bush with an erection heading towards Condi's moist opening....*faints and knocks self out cold*
    I just startled my Sammy with my outburst of laughter.
    Yeah when I heard he was only having 9/10 days of vacation time I said out loud "it sucks to be you" and my son thought I was talking to him.
    Yeah lets not hope we dont have any kind of crisis that would interupt his "vacation" time like last year when Katrina hit.
    What a douche bag

He's such an ass. I hope Cindy Sheehan and her crew protest out his ranch throughout his vacation. And Bush and Condoleeza? Ugh. You know who's the bitch in this setup!

Love the title(...while planet falls apart).. !!!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Why the hell can't he do the right thing and skip his vacation. Show the country that he is "on the job". Christ he retires in less than 2 years!
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Why the hell can't he do the right thing and skip his vacation. Show the country that he is "on the job". Christ he retires in less than 2 years!
    Hell with bush is whole job is a vacation. He lets Cheney and his minions do all the dirty work while he participates in his favorite hobbies like golf, sending troops to their death, lying to the public, and hanging out with the Saudis. He does'nt do jackshit except making the US public miserable.

He's such an ass. I hope Cindy Sheehan and her crew protest out his ranch throughout his vacation. And Bush and Condoleeza? Ugh. You know who's the bitch in this setup!
    Luckly Camp Casey's moved up to August 6th (tomorrow) so Bush's plan to avoid them is invalid now.

Thread Information