Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota Forced Pregnancy Nazi's start campaigning to keep their draconian law

Thumbs down South Dakota Forced Pregnancy Nazi's start campaigning to keep their draconian law

MITCHELL, South Dakota (Reuters) - Supporters of a South Dakota abortion ban, passed as a challenge to an established U.S. right to abortion, launched their campaign on Wednesday to uphold the state law in a November referendum.

The ballot issue is expected to make South Dakota a key battleground in a national election-year debate over abortion. Democrats are seeking to recapture the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives from President George W. Bush's Republican party, where abortion opponents are bedrock supporters.

A small-town elementary school parking lot served as the backdrop for a group called Vote Yes for Life to begin a bus tour across South Dakota with a stop in the farming community of Mitchell, stumping for money and volunteers in support of the law.

"We're all about life, helping women and helping babies," Leslie Unruh, the group's leader and a long-time anti-abortion activist, told the gathering of about 100 supporters.

The South Dakota abortion ban is considered the most restrictive in the United States, banning abortions at all stages of a pregnancy, even those that result from incest or rape or harm a woman's health.

The law says that if a woman is dying, a doctor must try to save the fetus as well as the woman. Doctors who carry out an abortion could be fined $5,000 and imprisoned for five years.

The law was to take effect July 1, but opponents gathered enough signatures to petition the state to put the matter before voters in the November mid-term election.

Campaign money has already started flowing in from around the country. Disclosure reports filed last week showed that a group called Campaign for Healthy Families, which opposes the abortion ban, had collected more than $116,000, with nearly half coming from out of state.

Vote Yes for Life had collected $62,000 through the end of June, according to a report filed with the Secretary of State's Office.

Leaders on both sides said they expect the war to win votes to be aggressive, with advertising and on-the-ground campaigning blitzing South Dakotans during the next few months.

"People can't tell other people what to do and make decisions for them," said Jan Nicolay, a former Republican state representative and co-chair of the South Dakota Campaign for Healthy Families.

Backers of the law expected it to be challenged in court and they have said they would like the issue to make its way to the U.S. Supreme Court where they hope a more-conservative group of justices will overturn the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that established a woman's right to an abortion.

"Abortion hurts women, abortion denies us our relationship with our child," said Unruh. "All of us have a reason for being born."

http://reuters.myway.com/article/200...DAKOTA-DC.html
    Again, religion weighs into a decision that is not, in any way, related to it. Stupid fundie cow, keep your beliefs off other people.

Why can't these idiot christians realize that FORCING your beliefs onto OTHER PEOPLE is an assault on freedom?

Why do they hate freedom and America?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: South Dakota Forced Pregnancy Nazi's start campaigning to keep their draconian law

It's refreshing to know there are these wonderful pro-life groups out there fighting against abortion. I know I'll be sending a check to help out these brave women. Thanks for the information.

Default Re: South Dakota Forced Pregnancy Nazi's start campaigning to keep their draconian law

They're not pro-lifers, theyre fucked up Forced Pregnancy Nazis who think they're on a divine mission from god to bend everyone to their beliefs.

Ie: Fascist retards.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It just boggles my mind that some people think they have the "God given right" to interfere in what should be a personal matter. I hope these assholes open up their homes to all the unwanted babies in their hometowns. North America is drowning in abused, neglected, and abandoned kids already. Who is going to look after all these babies? Is the state going to start opening up orphanages? And we all know the history of abuses of the orphanages in the past. There is not enough foster parents for the kids we have now, so seriously DP, how is South Dakota planning on addressing raising all these kids?

What a stupid fucked-up law...
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Once they're born, they're on their own. Or they're vilified as freeloaders, losers, the underclass whatever, but they're sure not helped. That would be communism and not at all "Christian."

Default Re: South Dakota Forced Pregnancy Nazi's start campaigning to keep their draconian la

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    It's refreshing to know there are these wonderful pro-life groups out there fighting against abortion. I know I'll be sending a check to help out these brave women. Thanks for the information.
    You're sending a cheque to help support some brave unwed mother? To pay for her pre and antenatal care? To care for her child or help place it in a loving home? To provide her with the counseling and support she will need? Because THAT would really help.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

^No, I'm sending a check to the organizations listed in the article. I fully support their efforts. I hope to see an end to legalized abortion and the morning after pill.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    ^No, I'm sending a check to the organizations listed in the article. I fully support their efforts. I hope to see an end to legalized abortion and the morning after pill.
    So it's the "Theory" you support, not the actual people involved, ridiculous...

And DirtyPool I am still waiting for my answer to this question

There is not enough foster parents for the kids we have now, so seriously DP, how is South Dakota planning on addressing raising all these kids?
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

But you know that none of these problems would exist if women would just stop having sex, right?

You won't get an answer, there isn't one. 'Right to life' ends when you're disgorged from the womb. After that, if you starve to death too bad. It's apparently God's plan.

These people are demented and should be put out of their misery. I wish I could go back in time and abort them all.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    But you know that none of these problems would exist if women would just stop having sex, right?
    Well, sex in the kitchen while you cook for your man is just unbecoming of a lady. She should know her place.

Dirty Pool, if you really want to end abortion, then you need to try to understand why a woman might be so desperate that she would consider it and then attack the root causes. This is not a decision that is taken lightly. Women NEED support to raise a child. Financial and emotional support. Provide that and most women would be far more likely to carry a child to term and either keep it or place it for adoption.

Instead of supporting these negative people who claim to be "helping women" but are actually just travelling around on their bus while hating, you could make your cheque really useful and support a group or organization that actually provides help. These are a few groups that provide counselling, medical care and other assistance to women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy. If you really want to make a difference, check them out and then donate or volunteer some time.

Birthright http://www.birthright.org/htmpages/index.htm
    Carenet http://www.care-net.org/aboutus/
    Heartbeat International http://www.heartbeatinternational.org/
    Optionline http://www.optionline.org/
    National Life Center http://www.nationallifecenter.com/index.htm
    Nurturing Network http://www.nurturingnetwork.org/

I'm sure that there are others.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I was channeling Loli there re the sex comment.

I am total pro-choice (i may never have one but who am I to tell someone what they can't do with their bodies, although i don't agree with multiple abortions as birth control) but my mother once made a really good point.
    When you see all these Pro-Lifers out there trying to convince women not to go thru with the abortion, where are they when the babies are born and the women are struggling with food, medical care, child care, clothing, etc??? Pro-Life seems to end when life begins if you ask me.
    I child-proofed my house but they keep getting back in!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I was channeling Loli there re the sex comment.
    Eugenics and abstinence!!!!!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    Dirty Pool, if you really want to end abortion, then you need to try to understand why a woman might be so desperate that she would consider it and then attack the root causes. This is not a decision that is taken lightly. Women NEED support to raise a child. Financial and emotional support. Provide that and most women would be far more likely to carry a child to term and either keep it or place it for adoption.

Instead of supporting these negative people who claim to be "helping women" but are actually just travelling around on their bus while hating, you could make your cheque really useful and support a group or organization that actually provides help. These are a few groups that provide counselling, medical care and other assistance to women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy. If you really want to make a difference, check them out and then donate or volunteer some time.

Birthright http://www.birthright.org/htmpages/index.htm
    Carenet http://www.care-net.org/aboutus/
    Heartbeat International http://www.heartbeatinternational.org/
    Optionline http://www.optionline.org/
    National Life Center http://www.nationallifecenter.com/index.htm
    Nurturing Network http://www.nurturingnetwork.org/

I'm sure that there are others.
    While I appreciate the time you took to write this I have to say that it was in vain. I will research the links provided since you were kind enough to provide those resources. There is no information in the world that would make me stray from my feelings toward the crime of abortion. I do my part every day and I won't go into specifics but lets just say I put my money where my big mouth is. I hope you don't think I'm being rude. I really hate the monsters behind organizations like Planned Parenthood and to support anything they're behind is like asking me to pole dance for satan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information