Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic campaign ad uses vivid imagery

Thumbs up Democratic campaign ad uses vivid imagery

http://www.dccc.org/multimedia/archives/new_directions/

I'm of 2 minds on this.. invariably part of me views using war footage as taboo, but I can't think of a particular reason in this case. It's just instinctual.

I think part of it stems from the fact that NOBODY is really taking a hard look at Iraq, and it's all too easy to avoid the very real horror that's going on there... most people do. It's the sanitized nature of our media.

Confronted with it, it's not pleasant. However, I think it remains that people NEED to be confronted with it, and hard.

It was done in a tasteful way, non exploitive. That helps.

Good commercial all around
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Democratic campaign ad uses vivid imagery

*off topic*
    Grimm, have you ever listened to Michael Savage on the radio? I'm sure everyone will freak out about him but I've listened to his show for 3 years now and I think you would just get a kick out of him. I have some mp3's if you want but he is the voice of the *true* patriotic conservative movement. I guess some of my "anger" that you speak of here is influenced by him. He's the author of these best sellers: The Political Zoo, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (lol), and The Savage Nation- I would love to hear your analysis about his show and not a kneejerk reaction because he's an independant conservative.

SVZ

Well executed I'd say.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Very well done.
    Confronted with it, it's not pleasant. However, I think it remains that people NEED to be confronted with it, and hard.
    Grimm, did you see "Baghdad ER" on HBO? It showed quite a bit about the reality and all it's horrors that's happening over there. Very graphic.

Anybody who deems liberalism a mental disorder is automatically classified as a cowardly little child who's scared of everything outside his comfort zone

conservatism isn't a mental disorder (unless it's freakishly fundamental, in which time stands still or reverts back to some idyllic period that never existed).. i can appreciate traditions, fiscal responsibility and such.

Why liberalism (again, sans the fundamentalism) would be classified as a mental disorder is beyond me. It seems to be a callous label slapped onto the political spectrum for the mere purpose of getting a rise.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^He's the most ignored man in the media even though his show is the 3rd or 4th most listened to radio talk show in America. Considering how conservative he is I find it hysterical that he earned his PhD from Berkely back in the 70's. He also coined several phrases like "the stench from the bench is making me clench" (speaking of activist judges) and "the 9th circuit court of shlameels" all with an old school thick ny accent. I love that man and I know I'm heavily influenced by him.

Activist Judges only seem to be a problem with conservatives when they don't rule in THEIR favor. Knowing the history of that ridiculous bombast leads me to the conclusion that most conservatives who spew this particular tidbit have their head jammed firmly up their ass so they can't see their own collusion in 'judicial activism'.

I could think of better people to be influenced by.. INTELLIGENT people who can look at an issue from more than one small direction.

"I'm not going to deal with the salacious issues that these faggots come up with... If I know a gay, suddenly everyone's gay? It's disgusting! "

^^A quote from Mr. Savage. Yeah..I am sure Grimm would be interested in wasting his time on this piece of shit!

On the July 6 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage declared that "[l]iberalism is, in essence, the HIV virus" because it "weakens the defense cells of a nation." Savage described the "defense cells of a nation" as including the police, which have been undermined by the "ACLU viruses," and the military, which has been weakened by "[Sen.] Barbara Boxer [D-CA] viruses." Savage also claimed the liberalism "virus" has weakened "the church ... particularly the Catholic Church."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200607110002

What a piece of shit!

On the May 10 and 11 broadcasts of his nationally syndicated radio program, host Michael Savage unleashed a series of attacks on Hispanics, gays, and Jews. Savage said that "our brown brethren" entering the United States may "erase" the "European-American, or the white person," who Savage claimed is more "benevolent" and "enlightened"; declared that Americans "must never elect an overt pushy lesbian or homosexual to any office";
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200605120017

You say alot about yourself DirtyPool if this is the piece of shit that has influenced you so.

He's misunderstood and I don't support any anti-gay nonsense. I agree he's too sarcastic for the overly PC world we live in which is why he's ignored.

I dare anyone to listen to his show for a couple of days before writing him off as anti-gay or crazy. He's a self-proclaimed sexual libertarian but he is against gay marriage and I'm for it so its not like I hang on every word. I know more about this man than anyone here so I can answer any logical question or concern about him.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    He's misunderstood and I don't support any anti-gay nonsense. I agree he's too sarcastic for the overly PC world we live in which is why he's ignored.
    He is not misunderstood. I understood his insane and hideous rantings perfectly well. And his rabid insane bigotry is not 'overly sarcastic'..please! he makes Hitler look 'overly sarcastic"
    I find your brushing aside his evil bigotry as simply disgusting and it says much about you and your character..or should I say lack thereof.

*Suggesting a caller he labeled a sodomite should die of AIDS led to Michael Savage's dismissal as an MSNBC talk show host. *
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...st-fired_x.htm

^^if this man is the 'true' voice of the conservative patriotic movement...then FUCK that movement
    Last edited by Sojiita; July 12th, 2006 at 06:10 PM.

Fajita, i should just put you on ignore because i really dislike you and i think you have no kahones of your own unless you've got grimm involved.

Fajita, i should just put you on ignore because i really dislike you and i think you have no kahones of your own unless you've got grimm involved.
    Well shitty pool..I suggest you do that and put me on ignore. Since I am not relying on anyone on this thread and Grimm is nowhere to be found..so take the cahones and stick them. Oh..and I don't dislike you..I am just disgusted by you sweety. kisses!

Take your kisses and shove them up the sphinctor portion. Good day sir.

Take your kisses and shove them up the sphinctor portion. Good day sir.
    Check your spelling! lazy lazy lazy!!! You are pathetic and clueless.

*DirtyPool...good bag..cheap shoes...shoddy mind...and rotten dirty soul and heart.*

I said GOOD DAY, SIR.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information