Thread: Banker tied to Enron scandal found dead too...

Exclamation Banker tied to Enron scandal found dead too...

Gee, how convenient... I swear to god, Bush and his cronies are greasing anybody who can tie them to the disaster.

A banker found dead and believed linked to a US fraud probe involving NatWest was allegedly "hounded by the FBI".

Married father-of-two Neil Coulbeck, 53, had gone missing from his home in Woodford Green, east London, on Thursday.

Civil rights group Liberty director Shami Chakrabarti, after Mr Coulbeck's body was found today, said friends of the dead man claimed America's Federal Bureau of Investigation had "hounded" him.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "The man had been interviewed by the FBI. We don't know how important to the investigation he was but FBI sources suggest he was a pivotal character in the case."

Mr Coulbeck's body was discovered in Waltham Forest, east London. He was Head of Group Treasury at the Royal Bank of Scotland and is thought to have been a possible witness in the NatWest Three case.

The discovery comes as MPs debate the controversial decision to extradite three British bankers - dubbed the NatWest Three - to the US to face charges over the scandal.

The men, who previously worked for NatWest, are accused of taking part in a multi-million pound fraud connected to the collapse of Enron.

Mulgrew, Bermingham and Giles face extradition All three - David Bermingham, Gary Mulgrew and Giles Darby - have denied any wrongdoing. They could spend up to two years in a high-security US prison awaiting trial unless they are granted bail.

The move to send them to Houston, Texas, is at the centre of a row over Britain's extradition agreement with the United States.

A deal to counter terrorism, agreed after the September 11 attacks in 2001, means the US can easily extradite British people to stand trial in America - even if the case has nothing to do with terrorism.

But because the US Senate has not ratified the deal, Britain does not have a similar right.

The Government insists that the deal makes little or no difference in practice. But Opposition politicians say it is unfair and one-sided.

Before Mr Coulbeck was named publicly, Mr Bermingham said the discovery of his body "put everything that's happened to us in perspective".

He said: "One day when this is all over I'm going to be coming home to my wife and children and some poor guy is not and my heart goes out to his wife and family."

He added: "(Mr Coulbeck) was a superstar, a thoroughly decent, honest professional guy and a very experienced banker."

The RBS, which owns NatWest, said there was "no evidence" that Mr Coulbeck had been involved in the transaction under investigation.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...227489,00.html
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Banker tied to Enron scandal found dead too...

How come it doesn't state how he died or how he was found? *checking other sources*

Probably haven't done an autopsy, and if the cause isn't obvious then they won't know right off the bat.

How much do you want to bet it's another "heart attack" ?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yes..with a gunshot to the head..
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Well one of the top execs was found shot to death.. apparently a suicide, except the coroner had purposefully put down the wrong kind of ammunition used.. not the kind you'd find for a home-defense weapon, but something more military...

Now we have Kenneth Lay, dead of an apparent heart attack.. is he really dead, or is he living in south polynesia? Was the heart attack induced by untracable chemicals?

And this guy.. also tied to Enron.. dead.

Amazing isn't it.

I bet it was a suicide...where the guy shot himself in the head...three times..

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Why am I suddenly reminded of all the deaths surrounding the Clinton administration?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Gee, how convenient... I swear to god, Bush and his cronies are greasing anybody who can tie them to the disaster.
    so what; let them all die; don't worry Bushes will get theirs' and Cheney too; i have a sneaking suspicion about that.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me” i'm glad you have jesus to comfort you Bushie while you're here on earth, won't be long now.

It's like th JFK assassination. If you do the research, many of the witnesses or people that claimed to have seen or known something ended up dead within 10 years.

Lil

The police are still describing the death as 'unexplained' according to the Beeb, which is an odd term I can't remember having heard them use before. Deaths are normally 'suspicious' or 'police are not looking for anyone else'.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah they're still looking for any witnesses or ppl who knew him according to www.thesun.co.uk

Thread Information