Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Stand With Wendy

Default Stand With Wendy

In Texas, right now, Senator Wendy Davis is holding a filibuster to prevent the Texas Senate from passing legislation that would further restrict choice. She must speak until 12am, Central Time to be successful. This is a 13 hour commitment and she is in the final 45 minutes. They have tried to stop her at every turn but she is holding strong. They are pulling out every trick to try and stop her still. You can watch it live too:

Daily Kos: #StandWithWendy Davis during Final 2 Hours of her Epic Filibuster of #SB5
    gardenwitch, Tex-ass and Mel1973 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The Lt Gov (idiot) has tried to stop her and they are debating points of prcedure.
    Wendy Davis is my Hero. So frigging brave! I will copy the post I just made on another thread:
    Brookie and Tex-ass like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Are you watching McJag? I need to get to sleep but I can't stop until I see how it ends. They are so nasty to try and take away her right to filibuster.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I was there earlier today. This woman is impressive. A star is born, and these Republicans know not what they have wrought with what appears to be their imminent Pyrrhic victory. The backlash is going to galvanize a renewed movement. Honestly, I haven't been so infuriated in years by the political grandstanding on the backs of the "lesser" that I see in my state today, and that is really fucking saying something. These craven, arrogant, mercenaries give the same amount of fucks for women's health as they do for children: exactly zero. Well, I'm drunk, thanks a lot fuckhead right-wingers.
    McJag, Brookie, sluce and 3 others like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I am weepy over it. JKM is watching,I am too nervous.Here is my love letter to her:

Tonight ladies,I ask that you give pause and salute the bravest woman in the State of Texas.
    State Senator Wendy Davis (D)Ft Worth.
    This slender blonde with only semi-big hair stood in her pink running shoes from 11am until just about now when the asshole Lt Gov tried to stop her on a techical flaw. They are still debating points-of-procedure and she may win or lose.
    She took up Womens Rights in the Good Ol'Boy state like no one since Gov Ann Richards. Her filibuster (no food,no water.no bathroom beaks) will be Legend.
    They may win this round and there will be only 5 abortion centers left in this huge State. All in the name of "protecting women".
    Wendy Davis you are my Hero and I will vote for you whenever I can.
    Brookie and sluce like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Brave, smart, and beautiful. I didn't know she was the close to finishing now, but it looks like Lt. Dewhurst is pulling some very dirty tricks to stop her, in claiming that Davis has strayed off topic. Which I think is a lie.

If the legislation passes, it will close virtually every abortion clinic in the state of Texas.

He is going to get his. Did they learn nothing from Susan B komen??

I am so anxious. Our local chanel is updating every few minutes. All my heart can take.
    Brookie likes this.

wendy davis.jpg

She is a bit blonder now. Sun,no doubt.

McJag the link I posted is showing it live. I am enraged and won't be able to sleep for hours. That they gave her a strike because someone helped her adjust her backbrace is disgusting.

I am clapping and and screaming with the crowd. This guy is toast. He may get a shallow victory tonight but payback will be hell.
    McJag likes this.

They were out to find something. She knew that starting out. Her courage is breath taking.
    Wendy will be the winner here.

6 minutes to midnight! The Dems have not let up!

God Bless all in the gallery who refuse to be silenced and allow this travesty to move forward.
    McJag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    God Bless all in the gallery who refuse to be silenced and allow this travesty to move forward.
    No one has ever seen the like! The guards can clear them out but is not trying! This is History.
    People are coming from all over Austin and the lobby is already jammed! Never before!
    sluce likes this.

Midnight!!!
    choozen1ne likes this.

I presume she made it ? ^
    Good for her , the attack on woman rights the last couple of years truly scares me (I am not really trying to get preachy or start a discussion/argument )
    McJag likes this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information