Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: 2012 Presidential Debate Thread

Think Obama had a hard time wrapping his mouth around the lies? I think he might have had a conscience at one point, before the Fortune 500 bought it.
    sluce and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

But I still don't know what Romney stands for. And every time there was a subject he knew he would lose on, he tried to switch over to something else.

I heard a lot of Romney mentioning he had "proposals" for this, for that...for everything, but no details. Also, when you claim: "There was a survey done that says..." it would be nice if your were specific about that source. All I heard from Romney was a shitload of double talking and trying to accuse his opponent of exactly what he was guilty of.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Romney 1
    Obama 0

Sorry folks you may hate his blinking red eyes and magic underpants but Mittens brought EVERYTHING back to jobs. EVERYTHING. And in a country hurting for work, that's magic. Not one voter is going to give a shit about PBS at the moment.

Obama phoned it in, barely. When he had the chance to attack (lower tax rates while reducing the deficit? lolwut), he fumbled. All night.

I can't even google the majority of the shit Romney spewed to check and see if his facts were correct, because he'd refuse to name a source. He's a master of pulling shit out of his ass.

But I guess that's all one needs to do now to look strong.

I'll still be shocked if he wins. We haven't even gotten to social issues yet and you know that has to come down the pike at some point. Besides, I believe the fix is in when it comes to Obama winning. And that it won't matter (much) who wins out of these two.

These debates are just a fucking dog and pony show.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

DAP

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    Romney's voice!!! I can't stand it!
    i think it's sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    i think it's sexy.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

You like Gaga.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

DAP

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    You like Gaga.
    So you wouldn't tap that?

No, neither one. They're both phony assholes.
    Jexxifer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    SS = Secret service.

What's with Romney's breathy voice? How does this man not get beat up on a daily basis.

ETA: Did he seriously just bring back Sarah Palin's death panels?

Question - has anyone's health care costs gone up under Obamacare? Mine went down substantially.
    Everyone's health care costs go up with Obamacare. I actually spoke with the director of Public Health in our state. She gave a great analogy about "free" health care and weddings. How many drinks do you have at a cash bar at a wedding? Two or three? How many do you have if it's open bar? Five, six, eight? Why? Because it's available and it's free so why the hell not? If people have absolutely no personal investment in their care, they use resources at a much higher rate. I've seen this professionally for over a decade.

Obama is promising this country much better access to care with HUGE federal subsidies (at least they are promised to the states, who knows how the feds will actually pay the states outside of proposed cuts in Medicare). What isn't taken into consideration is who is going to care for all of these people?

I work at a state run hospital which, up until last year, cared for a large percentage of Medicaid patients. In addition, we cared for almost all of the patients who did not qualify for Medicaid (no dependent children etc) but met certain financial restrictions. They are covered under a state funded program. While the numbers in each program are protected, the guesstimate is that 60-100K people are involved in the two programs together. All of them had to go through our hospital. That led to incredibly long wait times for those who had chronic illnesses or just needed to establish care. It wasn't unusual to have a 6-12 month wait.

Our system got completely flooded. Part of that is that we get even less money per dollar than we do for private insurance companies (who pay us 21 cents for every dollar we actually bill out). Revenue goes down. Resources dwindle. Provider satisfaction plummets and doctors/PAs/ARNPs leave leaving the public with an even worse problem.

With Obamacare, the estimate in our state alone is that an additional 200,000 people will be added to this system. There are not enough providers available to treat these people. Obama has promised us the federal government will subsidize the increase in Medicaid for the first three years. After that, it's up to us to figure out how to pay for it.

I know my views on this issue aren't popular here (or most other places). I've lived this issue for my entire career. Obama is promising things that seem ideal and we all feel good for supporting him by waiving the "I'm a Humanitarian" flag. The truth is, this is not well thought out and we will all pay for it in one way or another.

Before anyone asks, I'm no fan of Romney either and find his own health care policies in Mass. are somewhat similar.
    dexter7, Jexxifer, Mel1973 and 3 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Everyone's health care costs go up with Obamacare. I actually spoke with the director of Public Health in our state. She gave a great analogy about "free" health care and weddings. How many drinks do you have at a cash bar at a wedding? Two or three? How many do you have if it's open bar? Five, six, eight? Why? Because it's available and it's free so why the hell not? If people have absolutely no personal investment in their care, they use resources at a much higher rate. I've seen this professionally for over a decade.

Obama is promising this country much better access to care with HUGE federal subsidies (at least they are promised to the states, who knows how the feds will actually pay the states outside of proposed cuts in Medicare). What isn't taken into consideration is who is going to care for all of these people?

I work at a state run hospital which, up until last year, cared for a large percentage of Medicaid patients. In addition, we cared for almost all of the patients who did not qualify for Medicaid (no dependent children etc) but met certain financial restrictions. They are covered under a state funded program. While the numbers in each program are protected, the guesstimate is that 60-100K people are involved in the two programs together. All of them had to go through our hospital. That led to incredibly long wait times for those who had chronic illnesses or just needed to establish care. It wasn't unusual to have a 6-12 month wait.

Our system got completely flooded. Part of that is that we get even less money per dollar than we do for private insurance companies (who pay us 21 cents for every dollar we actually bill out). Revenue goes down. Resources dwindle. Provider satisfaction plummets and doctors/PAs/ARNPs leave leaving the public with an even worse problem.

With Obamacare, the estimate in our state alone is that an additional 200,000 people will be added to this system. There are not enough providers available to treat these people. Obama has promised us the federal government will subsidize the increase in Medicaid for the first three years. After that, it's up to us to figure out how to pay for it.

I know my views on this issue aren't popular here (or most other places). I've lived this issue for my entire career. Obama is promising things that seem ideal and we all feel good for supporting him by waiving the "I'm a Humanitarian" flag. The truth is, this is not well thought out and we will all pay for it in one way or another.

Before anyone asks, I'm no fan of Romney either and find his own health care policies in Mass. are somewhat similar.
    Yeah I'm familiar with this whole health care debacle too and the other shitty part is that those who opt out of Obamacare will be forced to pay a yearly $2,000 tax.

It's sad to say but the only word that came to mind while watching Obama during this first debate was UNPRESIDENTIAL. But as long as the topic isn't going to be about the economy, he can probably pull it together a lot better in the next debate

Well, I have no answers for the crappy situation you have over there in America. So I'll just try to make you smile instead:

All images nicked from tumblr...

What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Can't be arsed, I despise them both so much all it will do is make me stew myself into a migraine.
    ditto!
    Think Obama had a hard time wrapping his mouth around the lies? I think he might have had a conscience at one point, before the Fortune 500 bought it.
    sympatico!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post

Whether it's popular or not .. it's the damn truth!

I was drunk before the whole fucking thing started! woo hoo!

I am a 47%er, I don't care what the fuck he said last night, the offensive bull shit they've been spewing over the last few weeks has sealed the deal for me.

I don't trust his little hands or his tiny steps.
    ManxMouse and shedevilang like this.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information