Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: US troops kill 2 Iraqi women, 1 about to give birth

Thumbs down US troops kill 2 Iraqi women, 1 about to give birth

Wow. This is going to piss a lot of people off

U.S. forces killed two Iraqi women _ one of them about to give birth _ when the troops shot at a car that failed to stop at an observation post in a city north of Baghdad, Iraqi officials and relatives said Wednesday.

Nabiha Nisaif Jassim, 35, was being raced to the maternity hospital in Samarra by her brother when the shooting occurred Tuesday.

Jassim, the mother of two children, and her 57-year-old cousin, Saliha Mohammed Hassan, were killed by the U.S. forces, according to police Capt. Laith Mohammed and witnesses.

The U.S. military said coalition troops fired at a car after it entered a clearly marked prohibited area near an observation post but failed to stop despite repeated visual and auditory warnings.

"Shots were fired to disable the vehicle," the military said in a statement e-mailed to The Associated Press. "Coalition forces later received reports from Iraqi police that two women had died from gunshot wounds ... and one of the females may have been pregnant."

Jassim's brother, who was wounded by broken glass, said he did not see any warnings as he sped his sister to the hospital. Her husband was waiting for her there.

"I was driving my car at full speed because I did not see any sign or warning from the Americans. It was not until they shot the two bullets that killed my sister and cousin that I stopped," he said. "God take revenge on the Americans and those who brought them here. They have no regard for our lives."

He said doctors tried but failed to save the baby after his sister was brought to the hospital.

The shooting deaths occurred in the wake of an investigation into allegations that U.S. Marines killed unarmed civilians in the western city of Haditha.

The U.S. military said the incident in Samarra, 60 miles north of Baghdad, was being investigated. The city is in the heart of the so- called Sunni Triangle and has in the past seen heavy insurgent activity.

"The loss of life is regrettable and coalition forces go to great lengths to prevent them," the military said.

The women's bodies were wrapped in sheets and lying on stretchers outside the Samarra General Hospital before being taken to the morgue, while residents pointed to bullet holes on the windshield of a car and a pool of blood on the seat.

Khalid Nisaif Jassim, the pregnant woman's brother, said American forces had blocked off the side road only two weeks ago and news about the observation post had been slow to filter out to rural areas.

He said the killings, like those in Haditha, were examples of random killings faced by Iraqis every day.
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/31/D8HUT0B81.html
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: US troops kill 2 Iraqi women, 1 about to give birth

You are always on the side of the enemy. Why?

What enemy, the pregnant woman? Civilians?

It's called NEWS. I guess newspapers are on the side of evil pregnant civilian enemies too, since they report it.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You're very selfish and one-sided about current events.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

pay no attention to Dirty; they're insane, and this story is just like the story of the marines who orphaned a kid when they murdered her parents for the same "reason"; its disgusting and appalling, but not suprising.

remember this pic:

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    You're very selfish and one-sided about current events.
    I'm selfish? How? How does this benefit me?

I post what is reported, and I look around EVERYWHERE.

There's nothing good coming out of Iraq, maybe you haven't noticed. Oh wait, let me check the White House website, where things are peachy keen and Iraqi children are dancing in the sunlight by a river of chocolate.

Dude, even ex generals, ex heads of the CIA and every other agency have come out to say Iraq is a disaster. You need to come to grips with it.

I don't give a shit about Iraq or Iraqi's. We are fighting that war like little girl's in sunday dresses (and i'm a girl!). Our US Marines should be at the border.

SVZ

I hope Hawaii gets hit by a Tsunami, because you guys have tan skin, and that makes you terrorists. You should all die

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    I don't give a shit about Iraq or Iraqi's. We are fighting that war like little girl's in sunday dresses (and i'm a girl!). Our US Marines should be at the border.
    No, you're fighting a war with a ghost of an enemy. The US still hasn't figured out how to fight guerilla tactics even after all this time.

Give the Israelis, a call they're experts at urban warfare and pacification.

Your US marines should be at what border, the mexican one? How does that even affect you, living on a string of Islands in the pacific?

DirtyPool, no one here is "siding with the enemy". Having an opinion that differs from someone else is not a bad thing. If you have a different opinion from everyone else then explain yourself, don't pull out any rhetoric.

Now the reason why we care that Iraqis get killed is because not only does that send red flags to Iraqi citzens, but it gives fuel to the insuregents that the US is trying to eliminate Iraq and it's people. We also care about the Marines because this kind of unforgiveable acts paints a broad picture of all marines and that gives the insurgents bigger reason to kill off our troops.

It's bad enough that our government has failed at this war, hell even starting it for unclear reasons, yet when these civillian killings are reported it makes the Army's job in IRaq much more difficult.

And really why send troops to the border? Sure immigration is a big issue, but really that's an extreme soultion.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

*applause*

wish I had your patience

SVZ

Booo patience!!! Hurricanes!

No, let's shoot all the pregnant enemy civilians and then cry when someone dares report it!

Silver Member

First off, I would like to say that I don't think we should be in Iraq and I have to say I do feel sorry for the women, but oh please, there has got to be some reasoning in this situation. These people made bad judgement. They live there and they are aware of all the car bombings and know that there are areas and signs to watch for and not to be speeding. I can understand with all the troops getting blown up with speeding cars with bombs that they are going to be on the watch. If I was pregnant and on my way to the hospital over there, I damned well wouldn't let the driver speed no matter what. The driver said he didn't see any signs. Well, yes, its a little hard to see signs when your speeding.

This is a problem that keeps happening.. either people are just zipping by not caring, or they're really not being motioned to slow down.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information