Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! My husband is a Republican!

Default Help! My husband is a Republican!

Ok, obviously this is not big news to me personally, but today in the mail came a very shocking and disgusting 'letter' for him. It was 'from' the White House. In it, was a 'signed' photograph of George and Dick Cheney (standing together in the Rose Garden). I'm like, WTF???
    Swear to god, its say 'For Mr LynnieD, with deepest appreciation for your support'. And then signed by GW.

I wanted to throw up then light the bitching photo on fire but my hubby thinks its funny!!!

For the record; hubby did NOT vote for GW either time, nor does he think he is doing a good job, and hates the War. BUT, he is still a Republican....oy!!

Default Re: Help! My husband is a Republican!

Well the only good thing I can say is that your husband seems to be more on the moderate side. He does'nt like Bush and he disagrees with the Iraqi war. Most likely he beleives in the Republican party's views more than the Democrat's, sure I don't understand why but at least he's not a neo-con.Just be lucky he is'nt on the Evangelical Republican bandwagon.

BTW what are ya gonna do with the letter?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I once did some work for a big Republican supporter for a year, did some computer work and some graphic design work and never once discussed politics with him and never once voted Repub. Now I'm signed up as a card carrying Repub in their roles and I get all that same shit in the mail too. What I do now is every single time I get something from them begging for money I remove anything that identifies my name, stuff it back in the prepaid envelope and mail the blank documents without any money back to them on their own dime. I'm making them waste the better part of a buck every time they beg me for money, hehehehhe

You need to seriously slap your husband in the face.

I never understood this whole 'party allegiance' bullshit. VOTE AND THINK WITH THE ISSUES, not some stupid clique mentality.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gold Member

I grew up in a family and community of Dems, I didn't meet my first Repub until I went to college Turning 18 and signing up as a Dem was a family tradition. My grandmother went to vote with me for the first time and went on how my great grandmother couldn't vote until she was almost 40 and she worked hard to make sure I had the right to. So I always vote no matter what. I am sure it's similiar in some Repub families. I get why people are lifelong members of one party. Your hubby probably comes from a Repub family or community so don't hold it against too much. He can always become an independent.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

weird.

it's like being a cheerleader or something.. nothing to do with actual issues, more an identity.

That's stupid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I want a new fucking party. I hate all of them.

He he, my daddy taught me to be a dem on one issue alone...unions and laborers' rights. I remember the day in 2nd grade we had a mock election and I voted for Reagan because, well, everyone else did! I got a prompt lecture that night.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    weird.

it's like being a cheerleader or something.. nothing to do with actual issues, more an identity.

That's stupid.
    It's definately part of a family/communities identity in some areas of this country. Both parties have their core "values", but before Bush most Dem and Repub presidents stuck to the middle, they never got to radical. Bush is the exception. Hopefully the repubs will regain the center position again, but I don't see it the near future.

I don't think it's cheerleading it's more of a game with teams, some Americans don't care about the issues, only if their side wins. Those people don't love our country and are nuts. I agree it should be about the issues.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Well the repubs werent in the center with reagan either lol

Myself, I vote on the issues and cross party lines all the time as an independent. Then again, I was on the fringe and never in any "clique" in high school.

BTW, the Democratic party sends me the most heinous volume of mail imaginable, and I did NOT get a Christmas pic of GW and the wife this year. Boo-freakin-hoo. LOL
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Gold Member

Far more than they are now and Reagan was liked by moderates. He gave us both radical right and moderate justices when he could have easily gone all right. I wasn't a big fan of Reagan, but compared to what we have now, I'd take him again.

Maybe him without his horrid 'reaganomics'.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lovely bones
    Myself, I vote on the issues and cross party lines all the time as an independent. Then again, I was on the fringe and never in any "clique" in high school.

BTW, the Democratic party sends me the most heinous volume of mail imaginable, and I did NOT get a Christmas pic of GW and the wife this year. Boo-freakin-hoo. LOL

The day the Democratic party starts mailing me propaganda is the day I pull the same stunt on them. I'm registered as an independent and I vote on issues not parties. It's sick how much time and money is spent trying to raise more money to put a bunch of jackasses in office.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

OK, take a deep breath, sit down, have a cocktail or three and then think. What were the warning signs? How serious is his committment? If he even remotely agrees with el Shrubbo on anything, I'm afraid divorce is your only option. But it's very brave of you to admit this. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information