Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teen singers sell white supremacy.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Teen singers sell white supremacy.

Duo Considered the Olsen Twins of the White Nationalist Movement
    Oct. 20, 2005 - Thirteen-year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.

They may remind you another famous pair of singers, the Olsen Twins, and the girls say they like that. But unlike the Olsens, who built a media empire on their fun-loving, squeaky-clean image, Lamb and Lynx are cultivating a much darker personna. They are white nationalists and use their talents to preach a message of hate.

Known as "Prussian Blue" -- a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes -- the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were nine.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white ... we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

Lynx and Lamb have been nurtured on racist beliefs since birth by their mother April. "They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."

April home-schools the girls, teaching them her own unique perspective on everything from current to historical events. In addition, April's father surrounds the family with symbols of his beliefs -- specifically the Nazi swastika. It appears on his belt buckle, on the side of his pick-up truck and he's even registered it as his cattle brand with the Bureau of Livestock Identification.

"Because it's provocative," explains April of the cattle brand, "to him he thinks it's important as a symbol of freedom of speech that he can use it as his cattle brand."

Teaching Hate
    Songs like "Sacrifice" -- a tribute to Nazi Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy Fuhrer -- clearly show the effect of the girls' upbringing. The lyrics praise Hess as a "man of peace who wouldn't give up."

"It really breaks my heart to see those two girls spewing out that kind of garbage," said Ted Shaw, civil rights advocate and president of the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund -- though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.

On that point, April Gaede and Ted Shaw apparently agree.

"Well, all children pretty much espouse their parents' attitudes," she said. "We're white nationalists and of course that's a part of our life and I'm going to share that part of my life with my children."

Since they began singing, the girls have become such a force in the white nationalist movement, that David Duke -- the former presidential candidate, one-time Ku-Klux-Klan grand wizard and outspoken white supremacist -- uses the twins to draw a crowd.

Prussian Blue supporter Erich Gliebe, operator of one of the nation's most notorious hate music labels, Resistance Records, hopes younger performers like Lynx and Lamb will help expand the base of the White Nationalist cause.

"Eleven and 12 years old," he said, "I think that's the perfect age to start grooming kids and instill in them a strong racial identity."

Gliebe, who targets young, mainstream white rockers at music festivals like this past summer's "Ozzfest," says he uses music to get his message out.

But with names like Blue-Eyed Devils and Angry Aryans, these tunes are far more extreme than the ones sung by Lamb and Lynx.

"We give them a CD, we give them something as simple as a stick, they can go to our Web site and see other music and download some of our music," said Gliebe. "To me, that's the best propaganda tool for our youth."

A Taste for Hate
    Gliebe says he hopes that as younger racist listeners mature, so will their tastes for harder, angrier music like that of Shawn Sugg of Max Resist.

One of Sugg's songs is a fantasy piece about a possible future racial war that goes: "Let the cities burn, let the streets run red, if you ain't white you'll be dead."

"I'd like to compare it to gangsta rap," explained Sugg, "where they glorify, you know, shooting n****** and pimping whores."

Sugg shrugs off criticism that music like his should not be handed out to schoolyard children, arguing that "it's just music, it's not like you're handing out AK-47s."

Perhaps not, but Shaw says it's the ideas in the music that are dangerous.

"When you talk about people being dead if they're not white," said Shaw, "I don't think there is much question that that is hateful."

A Place to Call Home
    Despite the success of Prussian Blue and bands like Max Resist within the White Nationalism movement, most Americans don't accept their racist message.

Like many children across the country, Lamb and Lynx decided to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina -- the white ones.

The girls' donations were handed out by a White Nationalist organization who also left a pamphlet promoting their group and beliefs -- some of the intended recipients were more than a little displeased.

After a day of trying, the supplies ended up with few takers, dumped at a local shop that sells Confederate memorabilia.

Last month, the girls were scheduled to perform at the local county fair in their hometown. But when some people in the community protested, Prussian Blue was removed from the line-up.

But even before that, April had decided that Bakersfield was not "white" enough, so she sold her home, and hopes that she and the girls can find an all-white community in the Pacific Northwest.
    I'm not even sure where to put this one but really, WTF????
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

let's grind them up and make german sausages.

raising kids like that is child abuse.
    i love how that redneck loser has a swastika as his symbol cause it represents "freedom of speech". yeah. cause the nazis were all about that. what an ignorant douche.

how can people be that dumb??

Did I misread that, or did it call the Olsen Twins "singers"? Do they sing?

Just imagine what will happen when one of these little girls grows up and decides she isn't into anymore and brings home a nice rapper from the 'hood.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I wondered about the singing Olsen Twins as well.

--Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Just imagine what will happen when one of these little girls grows up and decides she isn't into anymore and brings home a nice rapper from the 'hood.
    or urkel

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx.

Are they going to be turned another color? What is the concern here?

Saw that on Primetime Thursday and I just had to shake my head in disbelief.
    Just dont even appoach me on this crap, its stupid.

I have to say that, given all the publicity they're courting, it almost looks like they're setting up to suddenly have an 'epiphany' and will renounce their 'beliefs' when they're around 16. They can just say that they were young and misguided and although they won't kick mom out of thier lives (after all, she is mom, no matter how much of a racist asswipe she seems to be), they will try to 'teach' her about her misbegotten ideas. Then they'll try to hit the charts with songs about 'reconciliation'.

--Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

im sure they could make tonnes of money being white supremecists....you'd be suprised

I know about Lamb and Lynx...Louis Theroux did a special on Nazis and white supremacists in America and they were very prominently featured. This was on TV at Christmas '03, I think; maybe it was '02. I can't remember.

It was pretty fucking shocking though...and those girls CANNOT sing.

Olsen Twins? Tsk.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I just saw them on some kind of a documentary show 2 days ago. It was creepy!!! They are only 10 and are being home schooled by her mom into bigotry. The interviewer was asking them what they thought of Hitler and they were saying "He's a great man." And then she asked if they knew what he did to the Jews and how many died in the concentration camps etc and they were like "That must be exaggerated. I don't think there were that many Jews to begin with. Hitler did the right thing anyways."
    I was utterly speechless.
    They also play this video game killing Blacks and Mexicans in ghettos and they were like "This game is fun!!!"

I couldn't watch it anymore. It's too scary to think there are 10 yr olds like this.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I honestly was hoping that this kind of bigotry was dying, but I guess I was wrong!
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information