Thread: 'Katrina Kids' praise Der Chimpenführer in sick political showmanship over Easter

Thumbs down 'Katrina Kids' praise Der Chimpenführer in sick political showmanship over Easter

This is TRULY hideous. Absolutely disgusting. Bush and clan were worried about gay families showing up to the Easter egg roll?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/17/katrina-song/

ThinkProgress.com-

Today at the White House Easter Egg Roll, dozens of children “from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.” To the tune of “Hey Look Me Over,” the kids from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

“Our country’s stood beside us
    People have sent us aid.
    Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
    Congress, Bush and FEMA
    People across our land
    Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!”

Neither Congress, FEMA, nor President Bush should be proud of their response in the Gulf Coast. FEMA’s post-Katrina housing program has produced “vast sums of waste and misspent funds,” now likely to “top $1 billion and perhaps much more.” Despite President Bush’s pledge to build the levees “higher and better,” federal officials now say “there may not be enough money to fully protect the entire region.” And as even Newt Gingrich acknowledged this weekend, “it’s going to be really bad by September when we go back and have a one-year review and we realize how much of New Orleans is not fixed as of this coming September.”

It’s not yet clear who actually produced the song, but the mystery writer is definitely in the running for a Grammy.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: 'Katrina Kids' praise Der Chimpenführer in sick political showmanship over Easter

Isn't that gross! I guess the White House had its token poor, minority children on the lawn for photo ops, so now they are done being nice to poor people. And FEMA must have done a good job, look, everyone said so! They even wrote a song about it. Excuse me while I go throw up into my wastebasket.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Thread Information