Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iran issues stark military warning to United States

Silver Member

Default Iran issues stark military warning to United States

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran said it could defeat any American military action over its controversial nuclear drive, in one of the Islamic regime's boldest challenges yet to the United States.

"You can start a war but it won't be you who finishes it," said General Yahya Rahim Safavi, the head of the Revolutionary Guards and among the regime's most powerful figures.

"The Americans know better than anyone that their troops in the region and in Iraq are vulnerable. I would advise them not to commit such a strategic error," he told reporters on the sidelines of a pro-Palestinian conference in Tehran.

The United States accuses Iran of using an atomic energy drive as a mask for weapons development. Last weekend US news reports said President George W. Bush's administration was refining plans for preventive strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities.

"I would advise them to first get out of their quagmire in Iraq before getting into an even bigger one," General Safavi said with a grin.

"We have American forces in the region under total surveillance. For the past two years, we have been ready for any scenario, whether sanctions or an attack."

Iran announced this week it had successfully enriched uranium to make nuclear fuel, despite a UN Security Council demand for the sensitive work to be halted by April 28.

The Islamic regime says it only wants to generate atomic energy, but enrichment can be extended to make the fissile core of a nuclear warhead -- something the United States is convinced that "axis of evil" member Iran wants to acquire.

At a Friday prayer sermon in Tehran, senior cleric Ayatollah Ahmad Janati simply branded the US as a "decaying power" lacking the "stamina" to block Iran's ambitions.

And hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told AFP that a US push for tough United Nations sanctions was of "no importance."

"She is free to say whatever she wants," the president replied when asked to respond to comments by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice highlighting part of the UN charter that provides for sanctions backed up by the threat of military action.

"We give no importance to her comments," he said with a broad smile.

On Thursday, Rice said that faced with Iran's intransigence, the United States "will look at the full range of options available to the United Nations."

"There is no doubt that Iran continues to defy the will of the international community," Rice said, after Iran also dismissed a personal appeal from the UN atomic watchdog chief Mohamed ElBaradei.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief must give a report at the end of April on Iranian compliance with the Security Council demand. In Tehran he said that after three years of investigations Iran's activities were "still hazy and not very clear."

Although the United States has been prodding the council to take a tough stand against the Islamic republic, including possible sanctions, it has run into opposition from veto-wielding members Russia and China.

Representatives of the five permanent members of the Security Council plus Germany are to meet in Moscow Tuesday to discuss the crisis.

In seeking to deter international action, Iran has been playing up its oil wealth, its military might in strategic Gulf waters and its influence across the region -- such as in Iraq, Lebanon and the Palestinian territories.

At the Tehran conference, Iran continued to thumb its nose at the United States and Israel.

"The Zionist regime is an injustice and by its very nature a permanent threat," Ahmadinejad told the gathering of regime officials, visiting Palestinian militant leaders and foreign sympathizers.

"Whether you like it or not, the Zionist regime is on the road to being eliminated," said Ahmadinejad, whose regime does not recognise Israel and who drew international condemnation last year when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

Unfazed by his critics, the hardliner went on to repeat his controversial stance on the Holocaust.

"If there is serious doubt over the Holocaust, there is no doubt over the catastrophe and Holocaust being faced by the Palestinians," said the president, who had previously dismissed as a "myth" the killing of an estimated six million Jews by the Nazis and their allies during World War II.

"I tell the governments who support Zionism to ... let the migrants (Jews) return to their countries of origin. If you think you owe them something, give them some of your land," he said.

Iran's turbaned supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, also accused the United States of seeking to place the entire region under Israeli control.

"The plots by the American government against Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon aimed at governing the Middle East with the control of the Zionist regime will not succeed," Khamenei said.

There was no immediate reaction from Washington, but French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy severely condemned Ahmadinejad for his latest remarks on Israel.

"As I have had occasion to do before, when the Iranian president made similar statements, I condemn these inacceptable remarks in the strongest possible terms," Douste-Blazy said in a statement.

"Israel's right to exist and the reality of the Holocaust should not be disputed," he added.
    How I see it...Actually, it was the U.S. and Israel that has been warning and threatening to nuke Iran for YEARS now if they do not stop their nuclear enrichment program. Then Iran starting making these kind of remarks.

The U.S. and Israel have been instating that Iran is the #1 exporter of terrorism, that they will be able to make nukes, that they are supposedly helping Iraq insurgents,etc...They have been saying this stuff since 2003-2004....I guess Iran is feeling like it needs to reel on the defense.

The U.S. and Israel WILL not hesitate to attack,you need to look no further than Iraq with the U.S. invasion. As for Israel, they mean it by saying they will strike Iran. Afterall, in 1987, they bombed Saddam's nuclear research facility program and they will do it to Iran if they feel like they have to.

I did not know if this belong in the World Politics Forum on here because of the fact the headline says Iran is threatening back at the U.S. So if it needs to be moved, move it.

Default Re: Iran issues stark military warning to United States

I say use up some of that nuclear arsenal we have been building up for years and nuke them out of existence forever while we have the chance. will serve as a warning to the rest of them as well.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Frankly, I think everyone needs to grow the fuck up.

I dont care if Iran gets nukes, because the crazy isnt going to go away. We have crazies in the US, crazies in Israel, crazies in Iran.. they're all the fucking same.

Everybody armed to the teeth and threatening to nuke each other, and nobody will because they'd be instantly obliterated.

That's what we call 'détente'.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

that is fine..as long as you have a place to nuke..what about the terrorists who are state-less and act out of strung out psycho beliefs and value no individual nation or land? They have nothing to be mutually assured to be destroyed?????

**ok for a long time now I am switching letters when I post and having to correct them..in this post for example...the first word was 'taht'..is this a learning disability, can I get disability$$$ for it or must I got to $cientology to get 'cured'...????***

I've started to do the same thing, Soj. I think it is keyboard dyslexia. Tommy boy is dyslexic and $cientology hasn't done much for him.

But if I can get to thetan level seven like Tom then I can cure sinus problems, TB, arthritis..I should surely be able to correct dyslexia?? and learn to fly a plane too and couch-jump!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    I say use up some of that nuclear arsenal we have been building up for years and nuke them out of existence forever while we have the chance. will serve as a warning to the rest of them as well.
    Are you fucking serious? nuke them and kiss your country goodbye, if that what you really wants.

Removed as per user request
    Last edited by Sojiita; April 15th, 2006 at 06:53 PM.

Silver Member

Well,this is all a plan in the work for the U.S. this is EXACTLY what they wanted.

Basically, my point is that yes, this looney of a nutcase Iranian president is out of line to threaten Israel and say these kind of anti-semitic remarks...But then again, the U.S. and Israel started to bully and threaten Iran for a while now. So,for both ways, it is uncalled for.

I have a feeling the U.S. and Israel have been waiting for this opportunity to get to strike Iran and bring them down for their own gains and means...These plans have been going on for YEARS..And now it is building momemtum.

They will get rid of the present Iranian regime and "democratize" it and then head to Syria next. Then they will ge the Middle East they have always dreamed for.

Of course I was not serious about nuking Iran..but Bush is so crazy he could do anything. And I don't disagree with your post HH..I would not be one bit surprised if they(US and Israel)would have such plans. Not agreeing, disagreeing or anything regarding this..just stating that as the way it is I would not be surprised. the US has hated particularly Iran and Syria for years..I don't think the conservatives will ever get over Iran and the hostage thing...ever. And in their eyes Iran has never been punished.

A*O

Mutually Assured Destruction maintained the status quo standoff (just) during the Cold War. However, the players involved were not religious fundamentalist lunatics who justify any kind of cataclysmic grand gesture as being sanctioned by God. If Iran nukes Isreal (quite possible) they won't stop for one second to consider the consequences because it's martyrdom in the cause of the glorious jihad. God better start stock-piling those virgins in paradise.

But then again, the U.S. and Israel started to bully and threaten Iran for a while now
    Ah yes, the "but they started it" argument. Very mature. Sorry, but I don't buy the grand conspiracy US/Isreal -v- The Rest Of The World paranoia.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    Mutually Assured Destruction maintained the status quo standoff (just) during the Cold War. However, the players involved were not religious fundamentalist lunatics who justify any kind of cataclysmic grand gesture as being sanctioned by God. If Iran nukes Isreal (quite possible) they won't stop for one second to consider the consequences because it's martyrdom in the cause of the glorious jihad. God better start stock-piling those virgins in paradise.
    Iran do not even have a bomb yet..and I doubt that lunatic of a regime would bomb Israel or the U.S. They lose out more than gain. They'd be stopped first before they can. BUT, I do think the U.S. or Israel would NOT hesitate to bomb the nuclear research facility of Iran. They bombed Saddam's, they can bomb Iran's.

Ah yes, the "but they started it" argument. Very mature. Sorry, but I don't buy the grand conspiracy US/Isreal -v- The Rest Of The World paranoia.
    First off, where did I implement there was this kind of conspiracy????

I was just claiming how the U.S. and Israel have been lately calling out how they have been threatened by Iran and playing this over and over in the media. Whereas, for a while now, the U.S. and Israel have been threatening Iran for YEARS to nuke out and it certainly did not even make that much of mainstream news. This is why now this is blowing up.

I said it is uncalled for FROM BOTH sides...But I just have another feeling the U.S. wants to bring down Iran for their own means as they did with Iraq, and this is what they are playing with. They used it with Saddam with the whole WMD excuse and now they are riding on this with Iran.

Iran is NOT going to nuke Israel, they know they can't. As Hazeleyed mentioned, US and Israel started the whole threatning and yes 'you started it first' mattes when it comes to politics as much as it sound childish. Why did Israel threatned Iran? why did US called Iran 'axis of evil' and threatned to use force to stop it from possessing nuclear power? What is going on right now is psychological war, each one is threatning the another to show ther "strength" and "determination".
    Last edited by Karizma; April 15th, 2006 at 08:07 PM.

A*O

Fine - let's see what happens and pray we will still be here to discuss it afterwards. You cannot possibly justify the belligerant ranting of the Iranian president and despite the posturing I DO think he is perfectly prepared to make some kind of suicidal grand gesture. It may be over-zealous anti Israel (ie anti Jewish) rhetoric, but we have seen in recent years that too many people actually put that rhetoric into practice. A fundamentalist hard-core Islamic regime with a nuclear bomb they proclaim they are ready and willing to use against their real and imagined 'enemies' is a very worrying prospect.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Silver Member

I am actually more worried about nuclear bombs being in the hands of western powers than psychopathic looney religious fundamentalists like Iran. I believe that North Korea is a bigger threat than Iran.

As for Iran, using a nuclear bomb would be the END of their existense. That is why the U.S. won WWII against Japan...Japan did not have a more powerful weapon to get back at the U.S., and had to eventually surrender.

No need to be a religious fundamentalist regime to be so threatening when having a nuclear bomb. Afterall, it was the U.S., under a DEMOCRAT president which was the first and only country to use a nuclear weapon on another territory. They also are the biggest seller and manufacturers of nuclear weapons.That is the irony of in the U.S. telling Iran to drop their research nuclear weapon facility program when they own the biggest stockpiles of WMDs.

All these countries need to drop their WMDs programs. There is NO NEED to own them.

If Iran needs to drop the WMDs, then so do all the other countries,ESPECIALLY the U.S.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information