Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herman Cain - sexual harassment charges

fgg

Default Herman Cain - sexual harassment charges

Fourth woman details sexual harassment allegations against Cain

A fourth woman, Sharon Bialek, leveled new allegations of sexual harassment against Republican presidential candidate Herman cain at a press conference on Monday.

Bialek, a former employee of the National Restaurant Association's educational foundation, accused Cain of making an inappropriate advance toward her in 1997, when she visited Cain in Washington, D.C. in 1997 to seek his assistance in finding a new job. At the time, he was president of the restaurant association. She appeared at a press conference arranged by attorney Gloria Allred.

Bialek accused Cain of touching her in an inappropriate manner during her visit to D.C., where Cain was still serving as president of the restaurant association. When she rebuffed him, Cain said, "You want a job, right?" per Bialek's retelling.

Cain's spokesman denied the new allegations in a statement while the press conference was underway.

"Just as the country finally begins to refocus on our crippling $15 trillion national debt and the unacceptably high unemployment rate, now activist celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred is bringing forth more false accusations against the character of Republican front-runner Herman Cain," said J.D. Gordon, referring to the attorney, Allred, who is representing Bialek.

"All allegations of harassment against Mr. Cain are completely false. Mr. Cain has never harassed anyone. Fortunately the American people will not allow Mr. Cain's bold '9-9-9 Plan,' clear foreign policy vision and plans for energy independence to be overshadowed by these bogus attacks," Gordon added.

Bialek is the fourth woman to have accused Cain of harassment during his tenure as the top official at the restaurant lobby. The association settled with two of them, and a third woman was reported last week by the Associated Press. None of these women have made public their identities, and NBC News hasn't independently verified the stories of the third woman or Bialek.

But Bialek said that the new allegations had prompted heer to go public.

"Now I'm coming forward to give a face and a voice to those women who cannot, or, for whatever reasons, do not wish to come forward, and on behalf of all women who are sexually harassed in the workplace but do not come out of fear of retaliation or public humiliation," she said.

"I really didn't want to be here today, and wouldn't have been here if it had not been for the three other women who have alleged sexual harassment against Mr. Cain," she added. "I want you, Mr. cain, to come clean. Just admit what you did; admit that you were inappropriate to people ... Mr. Cain, I implore you, make this right so you and the country can move forward and focus on the real issues at hand."

Cain's campaign has endured a week's worth of story about accusations regarding sexual harassment, but has steadfastly denied that Cain engaged in any such activities. An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday found that a majority of Republicans were unconcerned by the allegations.

Allred said that Bialek had no plans to file a lawsuit or sell her story. Bialek said she confronted Cain at a Tea Party event a month ago in Chicago where Cain admitted recognizing her before he was whisked away.

"If all of these allegations by all of the women who have been reported to have made them are true, then I, for one, am disgusted at Mr. Cain's serial sexual harassment of women," said Allred, the famously combative attorney. "Because Mr. Cain, while running for president, is actively lying to Americans, showing disdain for our common sense and intellect."

First Read - Fourth woman details sexual harassment allegations against Cain
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Normally, I'm not a fan of Allred, but it certainly seems like there is fire to go along with all this smoke.

The signed affidavits by those two dudes that are punishable as perjury seem to bolster Bialek's claims very well.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

They are adding up pretty quick...

Well, Bill Clinton was able to overcome Gennifer Flowers back in the day too.

I believe the claims personally, but not sure it will make much difference in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Well, Bill Clinton was able to overcome Gennifer Flowers back in the day too.

I believe the claims personally, but not sure it will make much difference in the long run.
    I'm trying to remember if Flowers worked for Clinton. The charges against Cain arise from his conduct as an employer/executive/supervisor - in other words, misconduct and predatory behavior while acting in an official capacity. Which would be way worse than having an affair.

I think Flowers was a nightclub singer or some shit. She may have worked on a campaign or two, but not sure. My point was that Clinton was able to overcome some pretty big accusations too, though you're right about the employer aspect.

Elite Member

I think with Clinton the bigger problem was the Paula Jones thing, though I can't recall whether that started to trickle out before or after he was elected.

IIRC, she said that while he was Arkansas gov he used state troopers to set up their assignations, etc. She might have been a campaign worker or at least attended his events.

In my opinion, when we elected Clinton it was pretty obvious he was a dog. I don't regret voting for him for one minute, though ultimately his doggishness led to a downfall of sorts. And of course, Monica L was a subordinate.

I am trying not to be hypocritical and am trying to judge Cain using the same scale, even though I don't particularly like him. But I wish people in the GOP would do the same--they would have hanged Clinton for this shit.

But anyway, sexual harassment bugs. Most women put up with a certain amount of this shit as a matter of course, but this kind of thing crosses the line (physical assaults, quid pro quo stuff).

The difference here is that the women Clinton dingled willingly went along with him - the women Cain has harassed did NOT and were forced to sign confidentiality agreements (except for maybe this last one) and are offended by his advances.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    The difference here is that the women Clinton dingled willingly went along with him - the women Cain has harassed did NOT and were forced to sign confidentiality agreements (except for maybe this last one) and are offended by his advances.
    I agree, although Clinton did cross the line in his relationship with Monica L (subordinate) and by using state troopers to facilitate his assignations with Paula J. But he didn't force his attentions on women or do a quid pro quo. I don't think he had to try very hard to find women to sleep with him!

Of course these are only allegations against Cain, but it's not looking good.

fgg

this last one seems a little fishy. she jumped at the chance to be on tv and is all smiley at the attention. on the today show this morning she said she mentioned it to her boyfriend at the time but didn't tell him specific details. um...if that happened to me, better believe i'd be repeating it word for word.

i do believe the others.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I agree, although Clinton did cross the line in his relationship with Monica L (subordinate) and by using state troopers to facilitate his assignations with Paula J. But he didn't force his attentions on women or do a quid pro quo. I don't think he had to try very hard to find women to sleep with him!

Of course these are only allegations against Cain, but it's not looking good.
    Probably still doesn't.......

(How can I get on that list again??)
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Now There Are Five Herman Cain Accusers

It's been less than 24 hours since Sharon Bialek revealed details about her alleged, unwanted, aggressively sexual Herman Cain experience in 1997, and yet we already have someone new to meet. A warm welcome to Donna Donella, Cain accuser No. 5!
    Donella, a 40-year-old former U.S. AID worker from Arlington, Virginia, tells the Washington Examiner that, at a seminar back in 2002, Cain asked her to connect him with a "lovely young lady" who had asked a question during his speech. When Donella declined, Cain allegedly responded, "Then you and I can have dinner." Flexibility and the ability to plan for contingencies are qualities essential to success, not only in business, but also in president-ing (and extracurricular dating).
    According to the Examiner, Donella's colleagues "suggested a group outing," so that's how the evening unfolded:
    She said she didn't witness any "inappropriate sexual behavior" at the group dinner. But she claimed he asked the waiter for two $400 bottles of wine, and then stiffed the rest of the group when it came time to pay.
    The most shocking part of Donella's story is that the party had dined at Godfather's. Yeah, you probably didn't know about their high-end wine selection, because they don't advertise it very much. Unfortunately for the group, Cain had stopped being CEO long before the fated meal, so he couldn't put the bill on his tab.
    Can't wait to hear what Rush Limbaugh does with "Donella." At least it's slurp-proof.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Now There Are Five Herman Cain Accusers

A warm welcome to Donna Donella, Cain accuser No. 5!
    Donella, a 40-year-old former U.S. AID worker from Arlington, Virginia, tells the Washington Examiner that, at a seminar back in 2002, Cain asked her to connect him with a "lovely young lady" who had asked a question during his speech. When Donella declined, Cain allegedly responded, "Then you and I can have dinner." Flexibility and the ability to plan for contingencies are qualities essential to success, not only in business, but also in president-ing (and extracurricular dating).
    According to the Examiner, Donella's colleagues "suggested a group outing," so that's how the evening unfolded:
    [INDENT]She said she didn't witness any "inappropriate sexual behavior" at the group dinner.
    How in the hell is this sexual harassment? You can't call someone a lovely young lady or invite them to dinner? Jesus Christ. Men might as well just tape their mouths shut. These women are turning this into a circus and ruining it for women who have ACTUAL claims at their jobs.

I'm not a fan of Cain but this is freaking pathetic!

Yeah this last one sounds really lame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information