Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shock! GOP crony who selected Diebold's voting machines OWNS STOCK IN DIEBOLD

Talking Shock! GOP crony who selected Diebold's voting machines OWNS STOCK IN DIEBOLD

Wow. The GOPers really have no ethics. And the biggest GOP cesspool outside of DC is in Ohio.

Ken Blackwell, the Ohio Secretary of State who is also a GOP candidate for Governor -- the guy who chose the voting machines for his state -- and chose Diebold -- announced that he actually owned stock in Diebold:

Secretary of State Ken Blackwell made an embarrassing announcement Monday: He accidentally bought stock in Diebold Inc., a voting machine maker that benefited from decisions made by his office.

In a required filing with the Ohio Ethics Commission, the GOP gubernatorial hopeful said his hefty portfolio included 178 shares of Diebold stock, which sold for a loss.

"While I was unaware of this stock in my portfolio, its mere presence may be viewed as a conflict," Blackwell wrote in a letter that accompanies his annual financial disclosure statement.

Yes, it is viewed as a conflict. What a coincidental "accident." Not that conflicts-of-interest have ever been a concern for the GOP. They're in power. Like the GOP in DC, the GOP in Ohio has absolute power -- they control the executive branch, the Senate and the House. And absolute power really does corrupt absolutely.

Blackwell is running for Governor as the ultra-right wing, theocratic candidate. But that crowd is only concerned about the morals of others, not their own.
    Right. Accident.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Shock! GOP crony who selected Diebold's voting machines OWNS STOCK IN DIEBOLD

What a coincidental "accident."

Uh huh.....yup. Sure...I believe you.

Fucking jackass.

Default Re: Shock! GOP crony who selected Diebold's voting machines OWNS STOCK IN DIEBOLD

Ya think?

In recent years, central Ohio has been transformed from a bastion of Republicanism into a Democratic stronghold. Six of Columbus' seven city council members are Democrats, as is the city's mayor, Michael Coleman. But no Democrat has been elected to Congress from central Ohio in more than 20 years, and the area around Columbus still includes pockets where no Democrat stands a chance. One such Republican pocket is Upper Arlington, the Columbus suburb that is home to Walden "Wally" O'Dell, the chairman of the board and chief executive of Diebold. For years, O'Dell has given generously to Republican candidates. Last September, he held a packed $1,000-per-head GOP fundraiser at his 10,800-square-foot mansion. He has been feted as a guest at President Bush's Texas ranch, joining a cadre of "Pioneers and Rangers" who have pledged to raise more than $100,000 for the Bush reelection campaign. Most memorably, O'Dell last fall penned a letter pledging his commitment "to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President."
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I know people who have worked for Ken Blackwell and he hates gays!
    He has gotten people fired who were gay by trumping up shit against them! He must be stopped! He is a total prick homophobic asshole! And Central Ohio is divided between Columbus and it's suburbs, each with about the same population..but it is all about corporate power really. Upper Arlington is an old money suburb on the Northwest side of town. Hate it. Coleman is ok but is really just a corporate puppet IMO.

Absolutely no surprise here about any of this. They fucking stole the win for Bush here! goddammit!!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

He's probably the biggest gay that ever gheyed then. That's usually how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    Too bad Jim Petro is no fucking better... Ohio totally sucks it. I hate it here!

And I have a sneaky suspicion Jim Blackwell is behind Bush's 'victory' in Ohio.

For super right wing CHRISTIANS, they don't seem to have any ethics. They're all so hypocritical... the took the Christian vote and ran with it... never mind killing innocent people, lying, stealing, etc... none of that seems very Christian to me.
    The real conservative bastion in Ohio is in the southwest ariound Cincinnati. creepily Repug there(Taft country) and if we could get rid of them it would be alot better here. On a side track..I just read that the number one pollution state(in amount of toxic products dumped in the environment) is..surprise! OHIO! Yay! come visit Ohio..where criminals steal elections and you can wallow in toxic waste!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    He's probably the biggest gay that ever gheyed then. That's usually how it goes.
    I have sat and listened to hour long rants from gay guys who got fired cause of his evil ass. He is hated by the gay community here. I hope someone shoots his ass.

^^^yes it was in the Dispatch last week. Depressing huh? And we are STILL number one..I think we have been for several years now, even though the amount of product emitted is decreasing we are still number 1. they are not sure if the amount is going down because of better environmental controls..or simply the fact that our economy is going down the toilet so less is going on here. Our power plants(coal fired) are a big contributor apparently.

*gets ready to go to liquor store where he can get something to ease the pain while at the same time knowing that no matter what he looks like he will still be the best dressed, cleanest, and best looking one at the liquor store, as usual! *

Ugh! Your coal fired plants are contributing to our smog problem here in Toronto~

^^it is not that I am cute..I just go to a liquor store in the hood..so if I actually have teeth and have had a bath in the last week I am in the minority!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Ugh! Your coal fired plants are contributing to our smog problem here in Toronto~
    Actually we are polluting not only Toronto but all of the Northeast US and Southeast Canada thank you very much!

We're going to build giant wind turbines and blow it all back.. mark my words! We're hippies!

he is teh ghey.

OMG! j00 R teh GHEY

Christ..I just had a NEIGHBOR come over and ask me out! we are going out about 9pm...lol..this guy apparently has seen me and my car(has rainbow sticker on it) and lives 4 houses away! So now I have gay neighbors 3 houses down on one end and 4 houses down on the other. hmmmm maybe I should think about staying put instead of moving if at all possible! lol.

ETA: I was having problems with my damn computer and was just about to throw something through the screen when he came to the door and (not even knowing who it was) I out of frustration yelled "GO THE FUCK AWAY GODDAMIT!!!" LOL..then I though shit that could be my mother and went to the door to see who it was..some impression to make!

Who the heck just goes over and asks out a neighbor?...now I am all nervous! ..shit.

Hah! You should stay in the neighborhood. Gheys have a way of making property values double through renovations and neighborhood beautification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information