Thread: Cheney's hotel room demands

Talking Cheney's hotel room demands

MARCH 23--After posting the performance contracts of artists like Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones, and U2, The Smoking Gun has finally obtained the backstage demands of a real rock star. That's right, below you'll find a copy of Vice President Dick Cheney's standard "tour" rider. The document is provided to hotels where Cheney will be bunking and lists how the Republican pol's "Downtime Suite" needs to be outfitted. While the vice president's requests are pretty modest (no extract-the-brown-M&M demands here), Cheney does like his suite at a comfy 68 degrees. And, of course, all the televisions need to be preset to the Fox News Channel (what, you thought he was a Lifetime devotee?). Decaf coffee should be ready upon his arrival along with four cans of caffeine-free Diet Sprite. And when Cheney is traveling with his wife Lynne, the second family's suite needs an additional two bottles of sparkling water. Mrs. Cheney's H2O should be either Calistoga or, curiously, Perrier, a favored beverage of French terrorism appeasers. The document, prepared by the vice president's advance team, was obtained by TSG after it was provided to a hotel employee prior to a Cheney visit. When we asked Cheney spokesperson Jenny Mayfield about the document's reference to gifts that hotels might leave in the suite for the vice president, she told us she was unable to address that question since she had not seen the "downtime requirements" rider (she asked for a copy, which we declined to provide in advance of its publication here). At our source's request, we've blacked out the handwritten name and Washington, D.C. phone number of a Cheney staffer. As for the notations regarding extra lamps, specific newspapers, and a carafe, it is unclear whether they were added by an advance team staffer or a hotel official. (1 page)
    FOX news.. big surprise. Echo chamber anybody?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Re: CHeney's hotel room demands

I want to see the whole thing. Do you have a link?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Gold Member

Default Re: Cheney's hotel room demands

And he reads the NYT, Wash Post and USA today? I thought in his world they were Liberal rags. And Perrier?That's french, O'Reilly's not going to like that.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I like that "xtra lamps" written in. (Not so the ailing creature can read with his failing eyesight, but so the whole place can be illuminated so he can catch all the "liberal boogiemen" hiding in the corners and under the bed! )

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Of course he reads Wash Post. Got to know what the liberal pinkos are thinking plus Wash Times is Moony-owned, or it used to be, which always gave me giggles. The paper all the conservies sang the praises of was owned by Reverend Sun yung Moon and the Unification Church.

Thread Information