Thread: Think Bush lapdog McCain might be good in office? Think again.

Thumbs down Think Bush lapdog McCain might be good in office? Think again.

This guy is SUCH a sycophantic retard! Ugh! He has no spine at all! He gets trashed by Bush, but keeps sucking on his puckerhole hoping to get some political hand-me-downs; he's got kicked puppy syndrome, it's pathetic.

MCCAIN IN REPUBLICAN STRAW POLL EMBARRASSMENT
    Sat Mar 11 2006 12:50:33 ET

Facing a loss at a 2008 straw poll event this weekend, Senator John McCain of Arizona told his supporters to write in President Bush [?] as a sign of support, leaving many sputtering.

"For the next three years, with our country at war, he's our president and the only one who needs our support," McCain told nearly 2,000 party activists from 26 states gathered in Memphis.

McCain, realizing the national political media had descended on the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, moved to discredited the straw poll by asking delegates to vote for Bush, insiders claim.

Instead of stopping the momentum of Majority Leader Bill Frist - widely anticipated to win the straw poll - the move seemed to exposed the McCain camp's insincerity about their position with the base.

One activist said, "McCain voted against all the Bush tax cuts... maybe he should have voted for the president then, instead of waiting for a political stunt to try and distract."
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Think Bush lapdog McCain might be good in office? Think again.

I just read too, that he would be older than Reagan was in 2008 (he'll be 72). That doesn't look good - no one likes super old politicians (Bob Dole, Cheney etc). Right now they say that the frontrunner is Bill Frist. I'm a big Guiliani fan, but who knows if he really wants the job.

Guliani is another one of those Bush ass sucking sycophants, too bloated on his own 9-11 image for my taste.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Also the NYPD snafu might hurt Guiliani. It's a depressing time to be a Republican I tell you...I just read some article about how the House Republicans are divided into three factions - the moderates or "Tuesday group", the RSC (Republican Study Committee) or the "true conservatives", then the Bush loyalists who try to bully the other two into voting their way.

If the Democrats can capitalize on the chaos within the GOP and pick a decent candidate, 2008 could be a turning point.

I doubt the Democrats could figure out how to pick their own noses right now. They're so disorganized, so spineless and so unwilling to capitalize on what is essentially Bush's presidency crumbling around him that they wouldn't be any kind of alternative.

That's how pathetic they are. Frankly, I think that party needs to have 80% of its members turfed and new blood brought in.

You're probably right about that from both sides!

No, I'd still prefer to have the republican party flung into the sun, along with the religious nuts

Their policies just don't work. Socially, economically... it always fails.

Kind of OT, what's your take on Barak Obama, the senator from Illinois? He's one of those moderate Democrats that I could see running for president someday. He seems like a smart guy and is pretty charismatic.

He has more spit and fire and brains than most I've seen.. I'm waiting for the inevitable spinelessness and flip floppery to set in any day now, but so far he seems composed, poised, thoughtful and tough.

I know...when he was running for Senator in '05 I was thinking "wow, for some reason I really like this guy".

I asked your take on him because he made a really good point (similar to yours) about the Democrats lacking spine, good leadership, etc.

Well the problem with Democrats is that they don't have a message, they aren't a unified whole punching with that message and they aren't organized. They seem too beholden to their own interests to get it together, and all too often those interests are just as wrapped up in big business and industry to make them any different from their neocon counterparts. The repugs, being good little conservatives, march in lockstep for the most part... that is until their leader becomes a liability and then they all flee.

Thread Information