Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Simpson: "Social Security Is 'A Milk Cow With 310 Million Tits'"

Thumbs down Alan Simpson: "Social Security Is 'A Milk Cow With 310 Million Tits'"

Wednesday 10:27 a.m. - Alan Simpson should resign as co-chair of President Obama's deficit commission for sending an email to a leading women's rights advocate calling Social Security "a milk cow with 310 million tits!" a leading advocate of Social Security said Wednesday, arguing that Simpson's "disdain for the very program he claims he is trying to protect" makes him unfit for a leadership position on the panel, which is considering cuts to Social Security.

Social Security Works co-director Eric Kingson, in a statement released the day after the email became public, said that Simpson's "disdain for the very program he claims he is trying to protect" makes him unfit for a leadership position on the commission, which is considering cuts to Social Security.

Social Security Works is on steering committee of the 125 member Strengthen Social Security Coalition.

"Alan Simpson's comments are offensive and sexist and clearly demonstrate that he is unfit to continue to lead the President's Fiscal Commission," he said. "His comments not only show his true view of women and older Americans but also his disdain for the very program he claims he is trying to protect - Social Security. Social Security Works is demanding that he resign immediately."
    Alan Simpson: Social Security Is 'A Milk Cow With 310 Million Tits' [UPDATE]

I wish that cow would kick him in the head.

Just saw this clip on Olbermann. Gawd. This guy lives inside his own asshole.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bullshit! Stupid Dink!We the people pay into our system our entire lives. And we deserve social security when we need it. Without it, crime & poverty would increase exponentially.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    Bullshit! Stupid Dink!We the people pay into our system our entire lives. And we deserve social security when we need it. Without it, crime & poverty would increase exponentially.
    I was just coming here to say this.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Right. Like we don't all contribute a massive amount every single paycheck! We are our own milk cow.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Alan Simpson should resign.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Won't be happening with Obama at the helm

But at the White House, Jennifer Psaki, the deputy communications director, said, “Alan Simpson has apologized and while we regret and do not condone his comments, we accept his apology and he will continue to serve.”

Simpson Apologizes to Critic - NYTimes.com

Needless to say the whole commission to gut social security should not even exist, but Obama hand picked all these nuts to do exactly that.

Amazing, isn't it? Make a speech about how you overcame racism and you get fired instantly. Say the shit that Simpson did andc you get a pat on the back from the White House.

What a fucking loser in the Oval Office.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm not agreeing with Simpson, but from what I have read:

1. Most people, because of improvements in human longevity, take way more out of social security than they ever put in.

2. Social security has now become a system where current workers are actually funding retired workers' benefits. Because of the baby boom generation retiring, and a declining birth rate, it now takes something like 3 workers to pay for the benefits of one retiree. The ratio is going to get worse and worse.

3. The medicare prescription coverage, because it was a new entitlement, was never funded in the first place, which has also hurt the ability of social security/medicare to stay solvent.

With regard to point #1, one of the U.S. senators mandated a new process, years ago, to show people what they had currently paid into Social Security, and what their expected monthly benefit would be when they retired at a particular age.

However, when you look at the benefit vs. the accumulated social security collected, you can see that the payout would eclipse the actual amount collected (including interest earned) well before the person died. If the system actually cut off people when they drew out what they put in, the system would eventually become solvent, but a lot of older people would end up destitute.

The abuse is so bad that it is destroying the system. There are far too many people getting SS benefits claiming they are disabled when they are healthy enough to work.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

There are rich fuckers earning millions or billions and THEY still collect for some reason.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

1. Most people, because of improvements in human longevity, take way more out of social security than they ever put in.
    Most of the gain in life expectancy is before age 65, not after. The gains after 65 have already been accounted for when the retirement age was moved up to 67 (gradually).
    2. Social security has now become a system where current workers are actually funding retired workers' benefits. Because of the baby boom generation retiring, and a declining birth rate, it now takes something like 3 workers to pay for the benefits of one retiree. The ratio is going to get worse and worse.
    We knew that beforehand.

The simple solution would be to raise or eliminate the cap on the social security tax. Right now, only the first 100,000 (or so) is taxed. Raise that cap to a million, and problem is solved.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The abuse is so bad that it is destroying the system. There are far too many people getting SS benefits claiming they are disabled when they are healthy enough to work.
    And worse, people who genuinely need it are raked through the coals, humiliated, and then denied.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

With the unemployment not getting any better, this does not bode well for the future.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I'm of the belief that Social Security should only be for retirees. They use it for everything and it wasn't meant to be that. If they just funded retirees it would remain funded.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I could do much better with my money taken out for SS than the government is doing with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information