Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin Tweets Support for "Dr." Laura Schlessinger

Default Sarah Palin Tweets Support for "Dr." Laura Schlessinger

Sarah Palin has used Twitter to share some advice with Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the talk radio host who apologized and decided to retire from her highly-rated program after using the N-word on the air 11 times in 5 minutes.

Palin's advice: "don't retreat...reload!"

It's a breathtakingly tone-deaf bit of provocation -- even by Palin's standards.

Dr. Laura, as she's known on her radio program, quickly came under fire for her remarks of a week ago. She immediately acknowledged the mistake and soon announced that she would end the show once her contract expires later this year. She currently commands the largest audience of any woman in syndicated talk radio and overall her ratings are among the top five hosts in the nation.

Palin, once the governor of Alaska and Republican nominee for vice president in 2008, has been using social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to push her messages in recent months. She fired out two messages about Dr. Laura on Wednesday night, the first reading:

Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

That was quickly followed by:

Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!

(Screengrabs of the tweets are below.)

The response was immediate and furious.

Joan Walsh, writing on Salon, pointed out that Palin was tweeting about feminists just hours before "embracing the anti-feminist traditional-values preacher Dr. Laura." (Incidentally, Dr. Laura was never a big fan of Palin.) Walsh then went after the sentiment and historical context of Palin's latest comments:

It's scary to think we just had a vice presidential nominee who doesn't understand the Constitution, who thinks Schlessinger's First Amendment rights "ceased 2exist" because she was criticized for haranguing a black woman who called for advice, using the word "nigger" 11 times. Again, Gov. Palin, the First Amendment protects us from government infringing on our speech rights; it doesn't take away other Americans' right to criticize.

This isn't the first time a Palin tweet related to the First Amendment has generated controversy. Last month, she called on Muslims to "refudiate" Park 51's construction of Cordoba House, the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque."

That was followed by a series of tweets directed toward President Barack Obama, acknowledging that the Muslim group has the right to build ... "but should they?"

Palin acknowledged Park 51's rights. She acknowledged Dr. Laura's rights. She questioned Park 51's wisdom. So far, she hasn't questioned Dr. Laura's wisdom.

Dr. Laura's actions -- ending her show -- may have said more than Palin's words. And maybe even "refudiated" them.
    Sarah Palin Supports Dr. Laura Via Twitter: 'don't retreat ... reload!'

I can't even say I'm surprised at this.

she writes like a retarded, right-wing 16 year-old cheerleader.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Fuck Sarah and "Dr" Laura. Neither one of those bitches mind obstructing other peoples fucking rights: Sarah having her goons tear down signs on people's personal property and Dr. Laura wanting to keep Howard Stern from calling her out on her shit! Fuck both these ignorant useless OLD windbag whores!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    she writes like a retarded, right-wing 16 year-old cheerleader.
    Totally.... WTF is wrong with this bitch?!? She better not even think about trying to make a run for President - it would be the final nail in the coffin of the Republican party. What an embarrassment she is to women everywhere.

This is right up her alley.

She is so retarded that she doesn't realize exactly what she is supporting! Even if she feels that what Laura said was ok, doesn't she know that this is the stuff that bites candidates in the butt????? She is an insult to the mentally handicapped the world over.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

It is possible to not type like a spazz when tweeting.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Is it that fucking difficult to just type out words and not textspeak?

Sometimes it hits me all over again that she could've been the Vice-President of the United States. Scary.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Is it that fucking difficult to just type out words and not textspeak?

Sometimes it hits me all over again that she could've been the Vice-President of the United States. Scary.
    God I can't let my mind drift into that possible alternate reality.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Can you imagine what those fucking white trash morons would be up to at the White House??? I bet they'd steal more shit than the Clintons!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

So having a woman with Downs Syndrome represented on Family Guy is cruel, but berating and calling a black woman a n*gger is exercising her right to the 1st Amendment? I would call her a hypocrite, but she probably just call me elitist for using dem big collige werds.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I would call her a hypocrite, but she probably just call me elitist for using dem big collige werds.
    Who's your avvie DeChayz?

^^I thinks he's hot.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Dumb ignorant whore-hag!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information