Thread: Lefties skewer neocon talk radio jock with logical abortion question

Talking Lefties skewer neocon talk radio jock with logical abortion question

SALON.com

A "trick question" on abortion?
    Call us juvenile, but this amused us.

As the religious right tees up a Supreme Court fight over abortion, some voices on the left are pushing the "life begins at conception" argument to its logical extremes. Last month at firedoglake, Jane Hamsher asked what an antiabortion person would do if he found himself in a burning fertility clinic with a 2-year-old child and a petri dish full blastulas -- and couldn't save both. Mike Stark, who runs a blog that encourages liberals to torment right-wing talk radio hosts, took up the torch by calling into WABC and putting the question to host Andrew Wilkow.

Wilkow wouldn't say what he would do. "You can put anybody in a stupid, 'Catch-22' situation," he sputtered. "What if I can grab all the petri dishes and the kid and make everybody happy? You want to know why this is idiotic? Because you're the type of person that would burn a cop at the stake in a shoot-or-not-shoot situation where they have one Mississippi to make a decision, and you want me to tell you what I'd do in a burning building situation?"

When Stark suggested that Wilkow, like anyone else, would rescue the 2-year-old, Wilkow exploded. "You don't know what I would do. You don't know a clue about what I'd do ... Shut up for a second ... Shut your mouth for a second, OK? This is what's bothering you. You can't storm in and tell me what I'd do and then tell me what you know that I would do and then tell me who I am. You don't know me. You can't tell me how to think ... Because you don't know. Don't tell me what I would do and what I wouldn't do based on your preconceived notions of stereotypical conservatives."

After he hung up on Stark, Wilkow said he'd been victimized by a "preconceived, trick-question scenario." But of course, there is a right answer -- at least if you really believe that those five blastulas are every bit as alive as that 2-year-old child.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Lefties skewer neocon talk radio jock with logical abortion question

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Anyone that says they would risk their lives to save a dish of blastulas over a child is a liar, IMO. I highly doubt most pro-lifers would even consider it for more than a split second, and most likely not at all.

Default Re: Lefties skewer neocon talk radio jock with logical abortion question

Thus, the hypocrisy of the right wing nutjobs is illuminated some more.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

Ah yes, the classic, crushing comeback from someone who is cornered "you don't even know me.......you don't know what I'd do........ you don't know me".
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

After he hung up on Stark, Wilkow said he'd been victimized by a "preconceived, trick-question scenario." But of course, there is a right answer -- at least if you really believe that those five blastulas are every bit as alive as that 2-year-old child.
    this part made me laugh the most. Like Wilkow just acted like a kid who could'nt think of a better comeback to a joke.

What is the link to Stark's blog BTW? I tried searching for it but it would'nt pop up.

Silver Member

What the fucknuts don't realize is by stopping Stem Cell research they ARE killing two year olds, and people's children of ALL ages.
    I just love that a 2 yr old with cancer. or a 20 yr old woman, or someone's father or lover or best friend is just not as important as a petri dish of cells.

I like this guy!! lol

A*O

Truth is OF COURSE he would grab the 2yr old, but he can't admit it because that would contradict his position on abortion that life begins at conception. Eejit.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I love seeing these idiots squirm. Trick questions are THEIR specialty/domain. And it's just not fair when someone else turns their arsenal back on them.

Run to mommy and cry your little eyes out, asswipe. Turnabout has ALWAYS been fair play.

I love it.. they can dish it out, but their position is so inherently illogical that when confronted they pule and whine like infants, railing at the injustice of it all.

That's our greatest weapon against them. Knowledge and reason. They have legions of mouthbreathing idiots all marching in lockstep to their drumbeat, but some day a fourth age of enlightenment is going to come and throw them all into the backwater of history with the rest of the dinosaurs.

Silver Member

That was a brilliant question posed and I plan to use it myself when confronted with supposed pro-life morons. Thank you for posting!!

Thread Information