Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawmen threaten to deport Puerto Rican man to....Mexico

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Lawmen threaten to deport Puerto Rican man to....Mexico

Puerto Rican-born US citizen Eduardo Caraballo was arrested in Illinois and threatened with deportation—back to Mexico. Once officials got his birth certificate, it only took them three days to figure out he wasn't Mexican. Uh.

Just consider this a dry run for the resounding success that will be Arizona's immigration law! [Guanabee]http://gawker.com/5547572/lawmen-threaten-to-deport-puerto-rican-guy-to-mexico

Fantastic. Let's deport some guy to a place he's never been. Wonderful. No racial profiling here, no reason to be upset, no reason to think that you must carry your birth certificate is anything to worry about. No. This is a great law that will keep those dirty illegals out of the country.

By the way, did anyone know that Bush enacted legislation that said anywhere within 100 miles of the border is living in a 'constitution free zone'? That apparently includes nearly 200 million Americans. Or 2/3 of the population of the United States.

Video at the link.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hey Illinois douchebags- Puerto Ricans are Americans, and have been for almost 100 years.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ever since WWI. It's incredible where this country is going. I'm old enough to remember when good sense prevailed.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Molehill. Some ignorant jackass threatened to deport him to Mexico. So what. He couldn't actually have done it, so what's the BFD?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

yeah, BFD.. so what.. who cares.. is american idol on? .. meh.. gimme my cheesefries..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

God Grimm, when you talk like that you sound so.....American.

--Sinclair Lewis

Puerto Rican-born US citizen Eduardo Caraballo was arrested in Illinois and threatened with deportationóback to Mexico.
    Yeah, because, naturally, all Hispanics must be from Mexico.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

Huh.

There was a very similar plot on House MD, where they threaten to deport the character of Alvie (Lin Manuel Miranda) back to PR; they couldn't prove he was an American citizen. And I thought that was stupid.

Is there an Hispanic version of Al Sharpton to right these wrongs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, because, naturally, all Hispanics must be from Mexico.
    I know right, were all brown people who speak "spanesh" to these ignorant fuckwads.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Molehill. Some ignorant jackass threatened to deport him to Mexico. So what. He couldn't actually have done it, so what's the BFD?
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    It is a big fucking deal. Okay, I doubt you would be dumb enough to get caught as a passenger in a stolen vehicle but anyway... say you've been picked up for whatever reason and you just look "Mexican" and someone posts your bail but they won't let you out because they don't believe you're a US citizen. Your mother even shows up with your birth certificate and they still don't believe you then you get shuffled into the wonderful system, he was in ICE custody, they're supposed to handle this shit. It's what they do and they did it wrong. It's a big fucking deal because you have no idea how long people can be held in detention. Even after showing proof of his citizenship this man was only released because a congressman intervened on his behalf.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

No its not a big fucking deal. They verified his birth certificate was authentic and let him go. You act like they could have actually deported a PR citizen to Mexico, which they can't. Sorry, not a BFD.

Elite Member

No its not a big fucking deal. They verified his birth certificate was authentic and let him go. You act like they could have actually deported a PR citizen to Mexico, which they can't. Sorry, not a BFD.
    He was detained for three days. It is a big BFD, and I think he has grounds for a lawsuit.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

It's a BFD because if he had been a white guy they wouldn't have automatically tried to deport him to Canada.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information