Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Schwarzenegger budget eliminates welfare

Gold Member

Thumbs up Schwarzenegger budget eliminates welfare

Over 1.3 million freeloaders will be off California's welfare rolls if the Governator gets his way

Schwarzenegger budget would eliminate welfare

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked lawmakers Friday to eliminate the state's welfare program starting in October and dramatically scale back in-home care for the elderly and disabled as part of his May budget revision to close a $19.1 billion deficit.

The Republican governor also proposed cuts to state worker compensation. Besides asking for a 5 percent pay cut, 5 percent payroll cap and 5 percent increased pension contribution, Schwarzenegger has proposed cutting one day per month of pay in exchange for leave credit.

The proposal would affect all state workers under the governor's authority, regardless of whether they are general fund or special fund employees. Employees would not be able to cash out any of this unused leave credit when they leave state service. The plan would replace the three-day-a-month furloughs, which are due to end June 30.

Schwarzenegger said the sour economy, the failure of the Legislature to make cuts he proposed in January and the federal government's failure to come up with about $7 billion leaves policymakers with no choice but to make deep cuts.

Schwarzenegger also proposed eliminating state-subsidized child care for all but preschoolers as a way to reduce the state's education funding guarantee.

"We literally have to take the ladder away from the tree and shake the whole tree," he said. "We're left with nothing but tough choices. ... I know how many people are suffering out there and how tough this is going to be."

He did not respond directly when asked if his proposal to eliminate welfare was merely a negotiating position with the Democrat-dominated Legislature.

Schwarzenegger also said he would not sign a budget plan unless lawmakers agree to overhaul the budget process, including creation of a "rainy-day fund" and downsizing public employee pensions for new hires.

The governor did not propose any new tax hikes.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/14/2751461/schwarzenegger-budget-would-eliminate.html

That sounds retarded
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Did anyone ever believe Ahnuld wasn't retarded?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

How in the FUCK could anyone possibly think that would be a good idea?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

As the article stated, it's probably a negotiating tactic. That being said, if they have a $19.1 billion operational deficit, there are a lot of programs and entitlements that are going to be on the chopping block.

Imagine the crime rates if/when this happens. Taking away subsidized daycare will not help the deficit in the long run. Arnold is obviously a moron.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

dramatically scale back in-home care for the elderly and disabled
    Thats the part that makes me cringe.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Once again, making generalizations about all welfare recipients being 'freeloaders' just adds to this type of bullshit. Eliminating welfare programs isn't just going to rob a lot of people of economic aid but it'll rob them of social resources/opportunities as well. Not to mention, most people in poverty aren't persistently poor... actually 50% of Americans will be below the poverty line at some point. I guess 50% of Americans are all freeloaders, too.

And if does turn out to be a negotiating tactic then this is a retarded way to go about it. Using "expendable" social programs as a bargaining chip. Nice.

After seeing this post, I am really beginning to think that the OP is just retarded or is trolling or just fucked up in some way. I am serious.

Yeah, cut home care to the elderly and disabled, they are just 'freeloaders'..I mean WTF with the smiley face!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Wondering if it was only me who was bugged by the "freeloader" comment. There are good & decent people who need help & it worries me to see the country going in this direction. Not to mention the dismisive attitude toward the elderly & disabled. Just a horrible insensitive generalization.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked lawmakers Friday to eliminate the state's welfare program starting in October and dramatically scale back in-home care for the elderly and disabled as part of his May budget revision to close a $19.1 billion deficit.
    So, basically the poor, unemployed, disabled and elderly are shit out of luck. Heck of a job, Arnie.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So, basically the poor, unemployed, disabled and elderly are shit out of luck. Heck of a job, Arnie.
    But this is such a good thing..where is your 'thumbs up' and smiley face? Just ask purple rain.

And don't forget the subsidized child care..can't leave those freeloading kids out of the cuts, right?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Thats the part that makes me cringe.
    It really is cringe inducing. Huckabee was on the news today talking about how if they cut out in home care to the elderly it will cost more in the long run. If you have an elderly person that is doing okay with an aide visiting a few times a week, then remove that service, most likely the elderly person will end up in a nursing home. The cost would be much more for the full time care of the nursing home than the few times a week aide. It's really stupid and scary.

I heard that education might take a hit as well. As if it's not bad enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    But this is such a good thing..where is your 'thumbs up' and smiley face? Just ask purple rain.

And don't forget the subsidized child care..can't leave those freeloading kids out of the cuts, right?
    Why would I give a thumbs up or smiley face to screwing over poor people, the unemployed, old people & the disabled? The 'heck of a job Arnie' was sarcasm and a play on 'heck of a job Brownie.'

Yeah, everybody on welfare is a freeloader.

More stupid shit from the usual suspects. Let me guess: all the freeloaders only GOT welfare through affirmative action.. right?

You need a mental health check.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information