Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conservative bloggers openly threatening to kill Obama

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Conservative bloggers openly threatening to kill Obama

FBI officials are investigating a self-proclaimed conservative blogger after he used his Twitter account to call for the assassination of President Obama on Sunday night.

Solomon "Solly" Forell tweeted: "ASSASSINATION! America, we survived the assassinations of Lincoln and Kennedy. We'll surely get over a bullet 2 Barack Obama's head."

Another post said, "The next American with a clear shot should drop Obama like a habit."

Forell, who has several anti-Obama blogs, including one called "Anybody But Barack Obama 2010," quickly backtracked after several tweeters protested.

"P.S. no good American would ever want to see something happen to our POTUS," he wrote, referring to the President of the United States.

He even urged his followers to "remain civil!"

Forell's Twitter account was still active Monday morning and his last tweet expressed remorse:

"Can anything that angers & divides us like {health care reform} really B good 4 America? U.S. has bad credit? Our rhetoric is vile. Mine included. Sad day."

A Washington man also used Twitter to incite violence against the President as Congress passed a historic health care bill Sunday night.

Jay Martin, a college grad who calls himself a hip-hop aficionado, tweeted: "If I lived in DC, I'd shoot him myself. Point blank. Dead f---ing serious."

Martin shrugged off law enforcement officials.

"If the FBI comes knocking tomorrow I wouldn't give a f---. I didn't do anything wrong," he wrote.

Gawker.com later reached Martin through Facebook.

"I have no excuse for that," he said. "I don't really wish death on him or anyone else."http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/03/22/2010-03-22_angry_over_health_reform_vote_conservative_blog ger_posts_twitter_call_for_obama_.html
    Backtracking the second anyone calls them on their shit, despite openly calling for the assassination of the President. Toss their sorry asses in jail.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

meh, I wanted Bush to die but only to spare a few thousand lives
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I saw this on Gawker today.

Maybe not today, but very soon! His name is Jay Martin and he has spent the evening making sure everyone on Twitter knows he is "dead fucking serious" about wishing death upon Barack Obama.
    Updated with comment from Martin

Earlier today you met Solly Forrell, the conservative blogger now under investigation by the Secret Service for threatening Obama on Twitter. Well, here's another Twitter user helping to keep the Secret Service busy with his own death threats. According to his Facebook page, Jay Martin graduated from Vatterott College last year with an IT degree and currently resides in Federal Way, WA. His About Me Page says: "Socially aware, Deep thinker, Artistic, Hip Hop Aficionado, free thinker, Funny Guy." Oh, and he really, seriously, honestly, wants to kill President Barack Obama. (Thanks for the add, Jay!)

It started with this dispatch from Martin's Twitter account, inspired by last night's health care vote:

After a bunch of users were like, WTF? Are you serious? Martin responded:

But, like, seriously, Jay Martin. Do you REALLY want to kill Barack Obama? Please erase all doubt from our mind:

Yikes, OK. Um. We'll give you one more chance... You say you're a "funny guy." So this is just a really, really tasteless joke. Right? RIGHT!?

Well! Hope you have a good lawyer. You will definitely need it.

Although, Jay Martin is actually pretty excited about his impending legal troubles!

You may say you "didn't do anything wrong," but the law—specifically 18 USC Sec. 871:

—does not agree with you. Jezebel already went over this!
    Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
    When asked for comment via Twitter, Martin responded.

Well, no. Honestly, we wanted to give you one last chance to say anything that might convince us and the authorities you are just some idiot kid pounding randomly on a keyboard rather than an idiot kid who is actually issuing serious death threats against the president via Twitter. We will remind you that Forrell is currently under investigation by the Secret Service for saying way less.

Update: We managed to reach a fiercely back-pedaling Jay Martin on Facebook and he had this to say:
    GAWKER: Why were you tweeting death threats against Obama tonight?
    MARTIN: Eh.. I have no excuse for that. I don't really wish death on him or anyone else
    I was just being irrational and speaking on raw emotion But there's no EXCUSE..I did it.. and yea.
    GAWKER: So when you said you were "dead serious" about wanting Obama dead what did you mean? Were you joking?
    MARTIN: No.. I wasn't joking. Thats not something you joke about. Again.. I was highly upset and speaking out of anger. I did not mean what I said though.
    GAWKER: What about the legal aspect?
    MARTIN: As far as the FBI? I don't really care about them. I said what I said.. And if they take action then so be it.
    GAWKER: Were you aware of how serious what you were doing could be? You're not worried at all about the fact that you could be facing jail time?
    MARTIN: No I am Not. And I did not think about consequences. Again..I was speaking out of anger and acted irrationally. Had I been in a rational mind set.. I would not have said it
    GAWKER: so do you regret saying it?
    JAY: Yes. But not because he's the president.. and not because Of possible jail time. As I said . I don't wish death on anyone. So yes. I regret threatening another person to that extreme... If I could take it back. I would. But i can't. So I'm willing to face whatever comes next.
    GAWKER: So you were speaking out of anger. What prompted your anger I'm guessing the health care vote?
    JAY: Yes. And my beliefs on it from what I have researched.
    GAWKER: Would you consider yourself a Conservative?
    JAY: I'm not political. I don't believe our Government has its citizen's best interest in mind whether Democrat or Republican.
    GAWKER: OK, so that's why you're against the health care bill.
    JAY: Basically yes.
    So, there you have it: Jay Martin, perhaps the world's first black Teabagger? Anyway, thanks for talking with us, Jay. We are fairly convinced that you do not want to kill Obama, but you're still in a shitload of trouble. Hopefully we have all learned a lesson about how far away we should be from our keyboards while being utter fucktards. (Far.)
    Meet the Obama Death Tweeter Who Will Be Arrested Today - Idiots - Gawker
    as usual the Gawker posters comments are hilarious.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yeah, Gawker usually boils it down pretty well.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

More crazy/racist nutjobs threatening to kill Obama. That's been going on since the primaries. It won't stop anytime soon.

But should somebody be dumb enough to actually try something, the Teabaggers, and those who support them, will be in for a rude awakening.

I still am shocked at those 'respectable' Teabaggers hurling out insults to passing legislators like "Nigger"(to some of the black ones) and "Faggot" to some of the gay ones. Damn. And they want to cloak themselves as 'true Americans" and all.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I don't know, Soj, racism and homophobia is as American as apple pie.

--Sinclair Lewis

Apple pie isn't even American.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I don't know, Soj, racism and homophobia is as American as apple pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Apple pie isn't even American.
    ok how about baseball? That is American, and historically very homophobic too. ????

And to have people calling legislators 'niggers' and 'faggots' is just pathetic, and really does shock me. I mean right to their faces, in public, with news media there. Just like in the old days. The awful old days.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Technically no, but there are recipes that are uniquely American dating back to the 18th century.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    ok how about baseball? That is American, and historically very homophobic too. ????

And to have people calling legislators 'niggers' and 'faggots' is just pathetic, and really does shock me. I mean right to their faces, in public, with news media there. Just like in the old days. The awful old days.
    My favorite is when the mainstream politicans who address these fuckwits say 'but I didn't see any offensive signs'. Selective blindness.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post

Baseball is originally British/Irish (look up hurling) with some French influence but Americans mutated it into what it is now.

Apple pie is British.

Basketball, Superman, the zipper, the phone, radio are all Canadian

Ok, burgers. We've got burgers. (although the phone thing is a technicality, since it was merely conceived at his summer home in Ontario.)

--Sinclair Lewis

The radio has been debated forever as well: Marconi, Tesla, Fessenden, Stubblefield......the phone too- Whereas if Meucci had been able to pay the $10 fee to maintain the caveat after 1874, no patent could have been issued to Bell....

Comic book geeks know Superman is 1/2 Canadian and 1/2 American. His dad's were one of each (superman had two daddys)

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

We also invented basketball, standard time zones..

big surprise, we also invented the snowblower and snowmobile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information