Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karl Rove labels blogs as "evil" and "a threat to the political system"

Thumbs down Karl Rove labels blogs as "evil" and "a threat to the political system"

Uh oh.. now he's turning his twisted gaze on the last true free press available, the blogosphere...*hears jackboots marching*

“It’s the beginning of the twenty-first century; it also happens to be the beginning of—or near the beginning—of a revolution in newsgathering and dissemination,” he said. “Not in newsmaking—that tends to be pretty consistent.”

Rove considers Memogate a watershed in the rise of the alternative media.

“The whole incident in the fall of 2004 showed really the power of the 'blogosphere',” he said in his West Wing office.

“Because in essence you had now, an army of self-appointed experts looking over the shoulder of the mainstream media and bringing to bear enormously sophisticated skills,” he added.

Still, Rove cautioned that the Internet’s political potential has a darker side.

“There is so much ugliness and viciousness and fundamental untruths that the blogosphere transmits,” he lamented. “It also is a vehicle for ugly rumors, for scurrilous personal attacks, an avenue for the creation of urban legends which are deeply corrosive of the political system and of people’s faith in it.”
    The only reason blogs are a threat to Rove is because they dare to do investigative journalism, dare to publish their findings, and dare to shed light on his political nest of vipers.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Karl Rove labels blogs as "evil" and "a threat to the political system"

Of course he hates blogs because he has no way of controlling them ...yet. And yes, they often speak the truth about him, and he can't allow that.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Default Re: Karl Rove labels blogs as "evil" and "a threat to the political system"

I'm sure some bill will be tendered outlawing blogs, or classifying them as journalism thus open to lawsuits and libel charges on a more official capacity..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I'm sure some bill will be tendered outlawing blogs, or classifying them as journalism thus open to lawsuits and libel charges on a more official capacity..
    Well the good news is the USA doesn't actually control the damn internet. They think they do, but they don't. They can pass all the laws they want, the rest of us will continue to call them asshats.

again I say... fucken fuckers need to fuck off
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Oh no, the US right now is retaining much of the control over it , and can exercise control by passing laws which restrict service providers from allowing certain content.

If they can do it in China, they can do it anywhere.

The noose tightens.

Damn I forgot to have Rowe on my drop dead list!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Isn't that a bit rich coming from good ole Karl? I mean, this guy makes the Watergate boys look like ametuers.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Wonder if Rove has ties to Netsol and the org that controls all the web site names. If so we're all in trouble.

Rove was THERE in watergate, along with Rumsfeld and Cheney and Bush Sr. They were the architects of Nixon's presidency!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

hahahhah what is he outta his mind!?!

The only reason why Rove is saying blogs are "evil" is because he and his cronies can't control what opinions are posted on there. Well that and because he knows that the blogs are more trust-worthy than what the talking heads say on Fox News.

Next thing ya know, ole Rove here will claim that superhero comics are "evil" because the men wear spandex and have "questionable homosexual content".

He could say the same of football, with all that hot ass slapping..

Yes, but that's manly hot ass slapping.

True.. and that's why it's hot.

But it ain't purely hetero impulses, i'll tell ya that.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    True.. and that's why it's hot.

But it ain't purely hetero impulses, i'll tell ya that.
    American football is just filled chockablock with ho yah! The way the men bend down while facing off is reminisent of doggie style, they huddle together in a sweaty man pile like an orgy. I hate to think what that brown ball represents. Oooh, I need a cold shower now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information