Thread: GOP Sen. Jon Kyl: Unemployment Benefits Make People Not Want To Get A Job

Angry GOP Sen. Jon Kyl: Unemployment Benefits Make People Not Want To Get A Job

A debate on the Senate floor Monday over unemployment compensation crystallized, at least for a moment, the divide between the two parties in Washington.

Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona, the Republican whip, argued that unemployment benefits dissuade people from job-hunting "because people are being paid even though they're not working."

Unemployment insurance "doesn't create new jobs. In fact, if anything, continuing to pay people unemployment compensation is a disincentive for them to seek new work," Kyl said during debate over whether unemployment insurance and other benefits that expired amid GOP objections Sunday should be extended.

"I'm sure most of them would like work and probably have tried to seek it, but you can't argue that it's a job enhancer. If anything, as I said, it's a disincentive. And the same thing with the COBRA extension and the other extensions here," said Kyl.

Unemployment benefits are generally so small that much of it is often used to pay for COBRA health insurance, even when subsidized. The size of the benefits does not generally cover the cost of living and it would be hard to find a single person who would prefer unemployment to having a job so that they could get subsidized COBRA.
    GOP Sen. Kyl: Unemployment Benefits Make People Not Want To Get A Job

Another rich asshole who thinks poor people are "lazy". Fucking old snotty little prick.

If a republican says something in the forest & no one hears them, are they still a fucking asshat?

Oh yeah, cause everyone is living high on the hog on that couple hundred a week. **rolls eyes**
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I hope he has to go on unemployment soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I hope he has to go on unemployment soon.
    I wish every one of these idiots had to walk in the shoes of the people they mock.

Dumbass. And while were at it, why not just get rid of workers comp too? Those lazy assholes are just faking their injuries so they don't have to go back to work.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Elite Member

And yet another Republican out of touch of reality and apparently lacking in compassion.

Thread Information