Thread: U.S. Army: New camouflage for Afghanistan

Default U.S. Army: New camouflage for Afghanistan

(how many camouflage changes are they going to have lol)

Army Selects New Camouflage for Afghanistan

Multicam:

The current general issue ACU:

WASHINGTON (WAVY) - The secretary of the Army announced Friday that, starting this summer, the Army will provide combat uniforms in the MultiCam pattern to all soldiers deploying to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

The Army says the decision follows a rigorous four-month evaluation and reflects its commitment to giving soldiers in Afghanistan the most effective concealment possible.

In addition to the fire resistant, MultiCam uniforms, soldiers will also receive associated equipment including body armor, rucksacks, and helmet covers.

According to the Army, the selection of MultiCam for soldiers in Afghanistan culminates phase III of a four-phase plan to thoroughly and deliberately evaluate camouflage alternatives.

During the fall of 2009, the Army provided two battalion-size elements in Afghanistan with uniforms and associated gear in patterns other than the standard-issue universal camouflage pattern (UCP). One unit received uniforms and gear in MultiCam, and the other in a variant of UCP known as UCP - Delta.

In addition, the Army deployed a team of experts to Afghanistan in October to gather extensive data and photos on the diverse environments of Afghanistan, where soldiers often travel through multiple environments in a single mission, from snow to woodland to desert.

The Army says it incorporated the information gathered into a photo simulation study and then administered it to nearly 750 soldiers who had deployed to Afghanistan. The study asked the soldiers to compare six patterns against eight different environments. The results, along with surveys of soldiers in the two battalions who received alternate camouflage, formed the basis for the Army's decision on MultiCam.

The Army will now implement phase IV of its plan for camouflage, which is to evaluate long-term Army combat uniform camouflage options for all soldiers.

The Army says it made more than 26 improvements to the current combat uniform since it was first fielded in June 2004.

wtf was wrong with

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    wtf was wrong with

That's so 1991!

No, that pattern is at best only a few years old!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    wtf was wrong with

I think the Marines still use that one in desert environments or something.

Thread Information