Thread: Rudy Giuliani takes cue from Man Coulter: US never attacked on own soil under Bush

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Rudy Giuliani takes cue from Man Coulter: US never attacked on own soil under Bush

Rudy Giuliani seems to have let the date of Sept. 11, 2001, slip his mind.

In his zeal to criticize President Obama’s anti-terror efforts on “Good Morning America” today, the mayor at the time of the 9/11 attacks — nine months into George Bush’s presidency — contended that Bush was so good at fighting the terrorists, the United States was not attacked under him at home.

“One of the right things he did was treat this as a war on terror, and we had no domestic attacks under Bush, we’ve had one under Obama,” Giuliani told George Stephanopolous.

That’s some case of amnesia.

There’s also the anthrax attacks, and Richard Reid’s shoe-bomb attempt, although we suppose that plane was still over international waters.

Read more: Mouth Of The Potomac - NY Daily News
    Mouth Of The Potomac - NY Daily News

I really dislike this guy more and more.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

For Rudy to admit that 9/11 happened under Dubya's watch, would mean reminding people that Rudy opted to put the Office of Emergency Management inside the WTC, despite being advised against it.

Bush's former press secreatary Dana Perrino said EXACTLY the same dumbass thing on Hannity. The clip was on the Huffington Post and some other sites.

I'm sorry - where was Rudy again on 9/11?

Does he think we are all as stupid as he is???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

How in the fuck did Stephanapolis let him get away with saying that? No challenge, nothing. I went to check you tube, because I assumed Mr. Mayor 9-11 wasn't challenged on that ridiculous lie, and I was right. But George Stephanapolis let him get away with it? The fuck.

YouTube - Rudy Giuliani's False Claim: "We Had No Domestic Attacks Under Bush"
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    How in the fuck did Stephanapolis let him get away with saying that? No challenge, nothing. I went to check you tube, because I assumed Mr. Mayor 9-11 wasn't challenged on that ridiculous lie, and I was right. But George Stephanapolis let him get away with it? The fuck.

They were talking about this on Countdown last night. It seems like the media as a whole has just been letting the GOP tell these lies on these shows without calling them out on it. Mainly, because it makes a better story than correcting them.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post

I didn't see the bit, so that was my first question-was the lie was called out? I assumed Stephanopoulous would roll over and play dead on that, ignore the lie, and go on to the next pre-arranged, mutually created question, approved by Mayor 9/11 himself.

The more I read stuff like this, the more tin foil I buy!! The journalists are supposed to be there for "the facts" not for late-night TV type softball interviews where the guests are pimping their latest crap, and the hosts guide the infomercial along. George Stephanopoulous needs to step down in embarrassment, but the "news" is all about advertising, through and through.

What's worse is Stephanapolis made a snarky blog about Guiliani's words. Yea for "journalists." Ima gonna let you spew all the blatant lies you want on air, but you better watch it, cuz I'm gonna blog about your lies after. I'm not gonna call you out at the time, that would be too professional and violate the kiss your ass rule.

Rudy Giuliani Wrong in Saying ‘No Domestic Attacks Under Bush’ - George's Bottom Line
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

ABC News Feedback site.
    A couple of clicks, and off goes your complaints! These jokers should be off the air.

Network Programming Feedback - ABC News

Complaint sent. But I doubt it'll do anything, but it felt good.

WTF???? The second most horrific attack happened on the Idiot's watch.

Elite Member

It's the new memo: Rudy911, Dana "what Cuban Missle Crisis" Perino, and Mary Matalin all want us to believe that 911 (and Reid, and anthrax) didn't happen under Bush's watch.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Strangely, I think there are a whole host of people who will back them on it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

WTF? Remember the dust, the dead people, Rudy? Not? I want what he's smoking.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thread Information