Thread: Poll: More want Obama to stick to policies than to be bipartistian

Default Poll: More want Obama to stick to policies than to be bipartistian

The Plum LineGreg Sargent's blog
    Poll: More Want Obama To Stick To His Policies Than To Be Bipartisan

Iíve noted before that the polling by the national news orgs on whether voters want bipartisanship is woefully inadequate. The questioning hasnít explained clearly that if Dems were to reach a bipartisan compromise with Republicans, it would have actual policy consequences, meaning the resulting legislation wouldnít be the same.

Now the non-partisan Research 2000 has done a national poll that asks a well-crafted question: It finds that by a significant margin, more want Obama to stick to his original policies than to be bipartisan. Thatís also true for independents.

The numbers were sent over by the liberal groups that commissioned it, the Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy for America. The poll asked:

Which do you think should be a higher priority for Barack Obama right now ó working in a bipartisan way with Republicans in Congress or sticking to the policies he promised he would during the campaign?

Among voters overall, 49% want Obama to stick to his policies, versus only 33% who want him to be bipartisan. Eighteen percent arenít sure.

Among independents, 45% want Obama to stick to his policies, versus only 30% who want him to be bipartisan. Twenty five percent arenít sure.

These results mirror another recent poll, which found that a majority want a Dem-only health care bill with a public option more than one with bipartisan support. The conclusion seems clear: When questions about bipartisanship are put in a policy context, people care more about the actual policy contents of legislation than whether it has the bipartisan seal of approval.
    Poll: More Want Obama To Stick To His Policies Than To Be Bipartisan | The Plum Line

DUHHH!

*slaps forehead*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Can't disagree with the poll. Spending all of that time on bipartisanship with Republicans was just a waste of time, since they've declared themselves the party of no. Obama should focus on reining the Democrats in, especially the Blue Dogs.

the blue dogs are doing his dirty work
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Geez, ya think? Only the media and Republicans want bipartisanship, which in DC means doing whatever the Republicans want.

Well no shit. I can't believe people waste so much money researching the obvious.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

has captain obvious entered this thread as well?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(ē_ē)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well no shit. I can't believe people waste so much money researching the obvious.
    Exactly. Did we really need a poll to tell us that people want Obama to stick to the policies he campaigned on?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Can't disagree with the poll. Spending all of that time on bipartisanship with Republicans was just a waste of time, since they've declared themselves the party of no. Obama should focus on reining the Democrats in, especially the Blue Dogs.
    Yes, and he should also tell Holy Joe Lieberman to get with the program or STFU.

Holy Joe is doing exactly what Obama wanted. Please face the fact that Obama had no intention of ever pushing for any kind of real health reform. Feingold pretty much said so today.

Thread Information