Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Mayor accuses Barack Obama of hating the Charlie Brown Christmas Special

Default Tennessee Mayor accuses Barack Obama of hating the Charlie Brown Christmas Special

Russell Wiseman, the mayor of Arlington, Tenn., (pop. 2,569 in 2000), was infuriated by President Obama's address on Afghanistan Tuesday night. This is what Wiseman posted on his Facebook page, according to the Commercial Appeal in Memphis.
    Ok, so, this is total crap, we sit the kids down to watch 'The Charlie Brown Christmas Special' and our muslim president is there, what a load.....try to convince me that wasn't done on purpose. Ask the man if he believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he will give you a 10 minute disertation (sic) about it....w...hen the answer should simply be 'yes'....you obama people need to move to a muslim country...oh wait, that's America....pitiful.

Indeed! Later in the same post, Wiseman dug himself even deeper. (Yes, this is possible.)

you know, our forefathers had it written in the original Constitution that ONLY property owners could vote, if that has stayed in there, things would be different.......
    Indeed! Wiseman, a vice president and commercial lender at First Capital Bank in Germantown who has twice been elected mayor, has about 1,600 friends on Facebook. When contacted by the Appeal to discuss his views further, Wiseman declined to elaborate. "It's ridiculous for someone to send my Facebook post," Wiseman said. "You guys are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill."

It doesn't take a lot of work.
    Tennessee Mayor Accuses Barack Obama Of Hating On Charlie Brown ...
    Instead of being pissed about more troops going to Afghanistan, he's upset he missed Charlie Brown.

This IS Tennessee.

and i'm sure our forefathers had Charlie Brown Christmas special on tv too.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Charlie Brown - tomorrow night. 8pm, EDT. ABC. Handle it.

ETA - Olbermann says next Tuesday night too. Keith's da man when it comes to Charlie Brown knowledge...

Keith also mentioned you can download it from Itunes and buy it on Amazon, too. Oh, and he mentioned the minor little fact that escaped the mayor, which is that Charlie Brown has been shown every year since the 60's. This is officially my favorite Obama conspiracy.

Still going on with the muslim president thing huh?

The "IF I offended anyone" apology in 5, 4, 3....

Elite Member

you know, our forefathers had it written in the original Constitution that ONLY property owners could vote, if that has stayed in there, things would be different.......
    Wiseman? Try racist idiot.

Good Grief!

Hey,I'll bet Tiger wishes this was the worse thing he was accused of..
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Hey,I'll bet Tiger wishes this was the worse thing he was accused of..

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Still going on with the muslim president thing huh?

The "IF I offended anyone" apology in 5, 4, 3....

...2....1... 'If I offended anyone....'

Arlington Mayor Makes Statement About Facebook Controversy
    ARLINGTON, TN- "I allowed things to go too far." That's the message tonight from Arlington Mayor Russell Wiseman.

He's come under fire for comments he posted on his Facebook page.

Wiseman’s words have attracted national attention, and both anger as well as approval.

There is a Twitter page in support of a Sarah Palin/Russell Wiseman presidential ticket in 2012. There’s also a Facebook group of people calling for Wiseman to “respect Charlie Brown and our President.”

The one person who has been quiet so far is Wiseman. Finally, that changed Monday night... sort of.

Wiseman's absence at the Board of Aldermen meeting did not go unnoticed, especially to resident Rick Rivers.

“I feel that if you make a statement, and someone asks you to stand up and clarify your statement, you should at least be present to do so” says Rivers.

On a Facebook post last week, Wiseman said President Barack Obama deliberately gave his speech on the war in Afghanistan at a time designed to block the Peanuts Christmas special. He also called Mr. Obama a Muslim.

“I thought it was bad judgment on the mayor's part” says resident Gary Lowery. “It did not help Arlington any because of this. A neighbor of mine called me today and said his brother from out of state called and was asking about our mayor.”

While Wiseman has refused any interviews, he has now released a statement.

The mayor writes: "I regret that I offended anyone with my poor attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor amongst friends." He also says "I don't really care for President Obama or his policies..." and "I’m afraid I let my sarcastic and joking nature get the best of me."

Some residents say the incident has cast doubts about Wiseman's ability to lead.

“I think that he's a good father, and I'm sure he's a wonderful husband but as an elected official- his past indiscretions touched on some indecisiveness and areas for improvement” says Rivers.

Others are willing to forgive and forget.

“He's concerned about the state of the country and that precipitated his Facebook comment” says Arlington resident Tom McNabb. “We need to make a stand for our Christian values and I again support Mayor Wiseman for making his stance.”

In his statement, Mayor Wiseman also says in the last week he's been threatened-- both verbally and physically.
    Arlington Mayor Makes Statement About Facebook Controversy

HA HA HA HA! I just watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special! Ha ha ha ha!

In his statement, Mayor Wiseman also says in the last week he's been threatened-- both verbally and physically.
    ...by the little red-haired girl.

I don't think sarcasm means what he thinks it means.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

The Charlie Brown special isn't all that good anyway. It's not like he pre-empted Mr. Magoo's A Christmas Carol.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information