Thread: Glenn Beck's hilarious and misogynist reason for not running with Sarah Palin in 2012

Thumbs up Glenn Beck's hilarious and misogynist reason for not running with Sarah Palin in 2012

In recent days, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has indicated that she may be open to a conservative presidential dream ticket in 2012: Palin-Beck (or Beck-Palin). “I can envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really even seriously consider running for anything in the future, and I’m not there yet,” Palin told Newsmax. “But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He’s a hoot.” Fox and Friends plugged the idea yesterday morning and asked Palin whether she would run with Beck. She kept the door open, saying, “I don’t know. We’ll see, we’ll see.”

But just a few hours later on his radio show, Beck shot down the idea, saying he was “absolutely” ruling out a Palin-Beck ticket. He explained that if he had the number two job, Palin would always be “yapping” like they were in “the kitchen”:

BECK: I don’t think things are hoots. I don’t. I don’t think it’s a hoot. I would never use the word hoot, and I respectfully ask that every time my name is brought up she would stop using the word “hoot.” [...]

No, no I’m just saying — Beck-Palin, I’ll consider. But Palin-Beck — can you imagine, can you imagine what an administration with the two of us would be like? What? Come on! She’d be yapping or something, and I’d say, “I’m sorry, why am I hearing your voice? I’m not in the kitchen.”

A woman’s appropriate place on a presidential ticket, according to Beck, is in the number two spot. Otherwise, she should just “yap” away in a kitchen somewhere. Apparently, being a vice presidential running mate behind a woman is a serious challenge to Beck’s manhood.

When Newsweek ran a picture of Palin in a running outfit on its cover this month, Palin and many others criticized the magazine for being sexist. Beck joined the outrage, saying the “attack” on Palin was “dizzying” and “devastating.” He said Newsweek had reached “the highest of the lows” and added that the magazine now “sucks.”

Think Progress » Beck’s Sexist Reason For Ruling Out Palin-Beck Ticket: She’d Always Be ‘Yapping’ Like We’re ‘In The Kitchen’
    AWESOME!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

God, these people just shoot themselves in the foot over and over and over again.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

BECK: I don’t think things are hoots. I don’t. I don’t think it’s a hoot. I would never use the word hoot, and I respectfully ask that every time my name is brought up she would stop using the word “hoot.” [...]
    So, I take it Beck doesn't like the word 'hoot.'

It's going to be hard for Beck to paint Palin as a victim after he basically said she belongs in the kitchen.

Hah, she'd probably agree with him.. stupid fundie cow she is
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I bet she doesn't have the guts to stand up to someone with the same fans.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Palin will probably just say 'Oh, that Glen is just bein' a hoot again, gosh darnit.'

Although Beck did say one thing I agree with. I always wonder 'why am I hearing your voice' when Palin speaks too, but for different reasons.

I see angry make up sex for these two.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Beck is a tiny little man.

^^Most likely with a non-functioning tiny little dick.

--Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information