Thread: The Obama betrayal list - every week, new items of horror

Thumbs down The Obama betrayal list - every week, new items of horror

It's time once again for the cumulative "Obama Betrayal List, or: 72 Reasons Why My Ex-BF is Dead to Me!"

You don't have to be a pro-choice woman to feel betrayed this month; no, not even gay, either!

Today: JUSTICE & EXECUTIVE POWER (other categories to follow every day this week)

1. Contending the Executive will continue to imprison terrorist detainees indefinitely regardless of acquittal at trial.

2. Asserting that Cheney's statements to the FBI about Valerie Plame must be kept secret, so they do not become fodder for political opponents and late-night comics.

3. Siding with State of Alaska (and the reactionary majority on the Roberts Court) that denying post-conviction DNA-testing could establish innocence.

4. Opposing Plame's request for SCOTUS appeal against Cheney's, Rove's, and Libby's act of treason in "outing" her CIA status.

5. Putting words in the mouth of Sonia Sotomayor, claiming her assertions of pride in her Latina identity were misstatements she would "reword."

6. Allowing to languish Dawn Johnsen's Senate confirmation as Head of the Office of Legal Counsel.

7. Defending Torture Memo author John Yoo in a lawsuit against him by Jose Padilla, claiming that what was done to JP was too secret to permit judicial review.

8. Closing White House visitor logs to public scrutiny for months.

9. Allowing Robert Gibbs to assert, fatuously and incorrectly, that "the President's most important job is to keep the American people safe" (20 May 09).

10. Perpetuating military kangaroo courts, lip-service "reforms" notwithstanding.

11. Suppressing torture photos, breaking campaign promise of transparent exposure of acts done in our name.

12. Pre-empting the AG's designated constitutional role of investigating criminal Bush Admin "war on terror" policies, by insisting we must "look forward."

13. Failing to abide by international treaties by refusing to "look backward."

14. Threatening to veto 2010 House Intel budget to push back against House Dems' goal of greater oversight of the CIA.

15. On 3 Aug 09, filing a brief with the SCOTUS defending Bush Admin's abuse of the states secret privilege.

16. Establishing a "preliminary" investigation of detainee abuse, but one limited in scope to only low-level interrogators who exceeded the "good faith" torture "authorized" by the Bush Admin.

17. Continuing to foist John Brennan on the body politic. Intimately connected with CIA-sponsored and conducted torture, Brennan--initial CIA top pick--elevated to head new WH special "interrogation squad."

18. Continuing rendition of terrorist suspects for interrogation and detention in third countries, assuming we will "trust" no torture or "abuse" will occur under a Kinder, Gentler Rendition Policy.

19. Opposing British high court release of info re: CIA-sponsored torture of Binyam Mohamed, including genital mutilation with a scalpel.

20. Giving pejurer Brad Schlozman a "free pass" for lying to Congress about conducting a policy of retribution within the Gonzales DoJ.

TOMORROW: Military and Foreign Policies.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This never would have happened if we had elected Mary Carey.

Prezildent BEWBS
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This never would have happened if we had elected Mary Carey.
    Mary Carey rules

Elite Member

Actually, my current favorite is how, once again, he sold out the women to get his pet project passed. Did you know that right now BEFORE Barack's Excellent Adventure Into Health Insurance private insurers IN FACT pay for abortions? Who suffers in all this...poor women. Not those of us who can get on a plane to where-ever to have control of our bodies.

Thread Information