Thread: Glenn Beck: Barack Obama better for country than John McCain would have been

Talking Glenn Beck: Barack Obama better for country than John McCain would have been

Glenn Beck: Obama Better For Country Than McCain Would Have Been (VIDEO)

Huffington Post | Danny Shea
    First Posted: 09-21-09 06:41 PM | Updated: 09-21-09 06:49 PM

Glenn Beck thinks President Obama is better for the country than John McCain would have been, he said in an interview with Katie Couric to air at CBSNews.com Tuesday evening.

"I think John McCain would have been worse for the country than Barack Obama," Beck told Couric in the debut episode of her new web show, @katiecouric.

Beck's comment came in response to Couric's question about Hillary Clinton, who Beck said he may have even voted for had she been the Democratic nominee against John McCain.

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Beck said, "I think I would have much preferred [Hillary Clinton] as president and may have voted for her against John McCain."

He described McCain as "this weird progressive like Theodore Roosevelt was."

The full interview airs at CBSNews.com Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET.
    Glenn Beck: Obama Better For Country Than McCain Would Have Been (VIDEO)

Video is on HuffPo via link

Elite Member

That seems pretty bizarre, but the only thing I know about Glen Beck is what you guys have said on here.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised given that he was calling Obama a racist a month ago and was complaining about "czars" last week. I'm curious to see the whole interview.

That darn Teddy Roosevelt - so weird creating all those national parks 'n' all!
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

So, Beck thinks Obama is better for the country than McCain? Seems like Glenn Beck is willing to 'pal around' with a racist terrorist. The Teabaggers will choke.

I think what he meant to say was that Obama is better for Beck's career and conspiracy theories than McCain would have been. Particularly since McCain policies would have looked A LOT like Bush policies.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

A huge compliment (not that Beck would know it). TR is consistently in the top 5. His 'weird progressive'policies included greater regulation for consumers, attacks on corporate monopolies and conservationism to ensure the preservation of wildlife and the wilderness, the construction of the Panama Canal, won the Nobel Peace Prize too.

We could use another one like him.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wink

Glenn Beck Finally Goes Too Far!

By: Eli Tuesday September 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Yet another bizarre example of Glenn Beck's need to be provocative even when it makes no sense: He declares that John McCain would have been a worse president than Barack Obama. And while that is certainly true, it is "incoherent" (as right-wing radio talker Mark Levin angrily points out) to claim that a "weird progressive like Teddy Roosevelt" would be worse than a Marxist who hates white people. Internally consistent insanity is just too much to ask, apparently.

But conservatives slamming Beck for badmouthing McCain's progressive streak(!) aren't really all that interesting - what's really interesting is conservatives slamming Beck for being so crazy and vile that he makes their movement look bad.

Commentary's Peter Wehner worries that Beck's "erratic behavior" and "interest in conspiracy theories" will make conservatives look like insane clowns rather than respectable sages, and Joe Scarborough absolutely goes off, saying that Beck's race-baiting and "wallow[ing] in conspiracy theories" is "playing with fire" and could have tragic, Waco-like consequences.

Even Rush Limbaugh, who never met a race-baiter he didn't like, seems a bit rankled by Beck's prominent role in marshaling the teabag troops for the 9/12 Racistpalooza in DC. Or could he be feeling a teensy bit threatened? How many crazies can Rush mobilize? How many Democratic scalps has he claimed lately? Is it possible that Rush is no longer bigoted and crazy enough to lead today's Republican Party?

I can't wait to see if any more prominent conservatives and 2012 presidential hopefuls answer Scarborough's call to denounce Glenn Beck's unhinged hate speech, because it will tell us so much about which direction the Republicans intend to go. Will they try to establish some credibility, to make themselves look like a group of Wise, Serious Statesman ready to step in and pick up the pieces if Obama fails, or will they remain hell-bent on catering to the most atavistic racist crazies?

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.
    Firedoglake Glenn Beck Finally Goes Too Far!

Elite Member

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

So fake it's obvious, money talks. Obviously trying to backtrack and win favors back from his previous statements.

worries that Beck's "erratic behavior" and "interest in conspiracy theories" will make conservatives look like insane clowns rather than respectable sages,
    The GOP has already done enough to make conservatives look like insane clowns, no need to lay that on Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    A stopped clock is right twice a day.
    except the broken clocks missing half their numbers..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information